NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The name of my Supergroup 2 is The Daring Surrenders. Rather than make up a name again, I went into the co-greatest thing ever written in the English language (tied with "Hamlet"), T.S. Eliot's "The Waste Land."

"Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment’s surrender"

Nice, although I read it quickly as The Darling Surrenders and am now completely illogically upset you didn't choose this. ;)

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
We just have to make sure @Rebels57 gets some picks in before tomorrow, because he is hopeless on Saturdays.

This is the bit and I am chomping at it:

giphy.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That is my fave from Moving Pictures. Kind of hard to do Rush as a solo performer and I don't sing nearly as high as Geddy Lee, LOL. But, when I play restaurants and add in some instrumental stuff, I'll usually throw in the opening acoustic part of "The Trees".
How about any kid rock? Devil without a cause?

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
"It is not a mystery that the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks consider the guitar to be the key instrument in every great band. We are off to a great start with our selection of virtuoso Randy Rhoads. We will now add another phenomenal guitar talent, but this individual plays with a technique that is all his own.

"Canadian rock-blues guitarist Jeff Healey had a very difficult start to his life, adopted as a baby and losing his eyesight at 1 year of age to retinoblastoma. He started playing guitar, with the guitar sitting on his lap, when he was 3. He played on a Toronto-based children's show when he was 9 and formed a band at 15, playing local clubs.

"Mr. Healey was discovered by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert Collins while playing at the legendary blues club Albert's Hall. The Jeff Healey Band released their first album See the Light in 1989, featuring hit singles Angel Eyes and Hideaway, which was nominated for a Grammy in Best Rock Instrumental Performance. During the recording of See the Light, the band were filming and recording the soundtrack for the film Road House. A year later, the Jeff Healey Band won a Juno (Canadian) award for Canadian Entertainer of the Year. Later albums Hell to Pay and Feel This included 10 charting singles in Canada between 1990 and 1994, including a cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps:

"Unfortunately, Mr. Healey's cancer returned in 2007, first in his lungs and then his legs. He died in 2008 at the age of 41."

Handing off to @ajgoal now.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
"It is not a mystery that the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks consider the guitar to be the key instrument in every great band. We are off to a great start with our selection of virtuoso Randy Rhoads. We will now add another phenomenal guitar talent, but this individual plays with a technique that is all his own.

"Canadian rock-blues guitarist Jeff Healey had a very difficult start to his life, adopted as a baby and losing his eyesight at 1 year of age to retinoblastoma. He started playing guitar, with the guitar sitting on his lap, when he was 3. He played on a Toronto-based children's show when he was 9 and formed a band at 15, playing local clubs.

"Mr. Healey was discovered by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert Collins while playing at the legendary blues club Albert's Hall. The Jeff Healey Band released their first album See the Light in 1989, featuring hit singles Angel Eyes and Hideaway, which was nominated for a Grammy in Best Rock Instrumental Performance. During the recording of See the Light, the band were filming and recording the soundtrack for the film Road House. A year later, the Jeff Healey Band won a Juno (Canadian) award for Canadian Entertainer of the Year. Later albums Hell to Pay and Feel This included 10 charting singles in Canada between 1990 and 1994, including a cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps:

"Unfortunately, Mr. Healey's cancer returned in 2007, first in his lungs and then his legs. He died in 2008 at the age of 41."

Rival or not, that’s a great pick.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

We used to go to the same bank, then he passed away. Nice fellow.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It's always nice to hear that talented and population individuals are also decent human beings. Did you ever have a chance to interact with him?

Very briefly one day while I was waiting in line, just exchanged pleasantries. Whenever we were there at the same time he generally had bank staff with him to go to the upstairs office instead of the teller, but I guess one day he just had something basic with a teller.

No great story to this one, just seemed nice from observation of him talking with the bank staff and small talk.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Something I didn't know, was that this guy started out on guitar while his brother played drums. The music world might have been wildly different had he not pushed his brother off of the drum kit to the guitar.

Team Supergroup Musician #2: Alex Van Halen (Drums)

Time for something defective. @Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
We feel the Stay Pufts second band, officially known as Dandy Lions, lead by the greatest frontman of all time, needs a woman with a voice almost as powerful and with “nearly” the same range as Mr Mercury. There have been quite a few auditions but one stood out amongst the rest. Some had the ability, but the wrong background like [LIVERWURST] while others either didn’t have the pedigree or talent but had the background like [RANCH] or [REDACTED].
After hours of deliberation, we welcome Pat Benatar to the Stay Pufts and Dandy Lions.

B90158B0-C000-4CFA-BACC-2297B4A89E8C.jpeg

@Captain Dave Poulin Fire away

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We feel the Stay Pufts second band, officially known as Dandy Lions, lead by the greatest frontman of all time, needs a woman with a voice almost as powerful and with “nearly” the same range as Mr Mercury. There have been quite a few auditions but one stood out amongst the rest. Some had the ability, but the wrong background like [LIVERWURST] while others either didn’t have the pedigree or talent but had the background like [RANCH] or [REDACTED].
After hours of deliberation, we welcome Pat Benatar to the Stay Pufts and Dandy Lions.

View attachment 506643

@Captain Dave Poulin Fire away

Nice pick, turd. This song rules, and I mean RULES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad