NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
He survived to fall to me! Woo!
Farrokh Bulsara worked a few various jobs such as baggage handler, selling secondhand edwardarian clothing, and was in a few bands before hitting the big time with [Undecided stay Pufts superband 2]. Thanks to a 4 extra incisors, he has a stunning 4 octave range that we intend to take full advance of.
His degree in graphics design will also be of use, along with his song writing, piano playing abilities.
Our frontman is none other than Freddie Mercury.

7BCCB15A-28DD-4901-BE49-A9C021D7372B.jpeg

@ajgoal what makes the world go round?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
robert-pollard-high-kick.gif

Member (phrasing) - Robert Pollard - vocals, guitar, primary songwriter

@Lord Defect

Love the pick. He was my back-up if for some reason Malkmus was off the board with my first supergroup. Considered him as a frontman again this time around before going in another direction with Chilton.

Game of Pricks is a top 10 song all time, imo. That he released two completely different takes on it in the same year, and both of them are f***ing amazing, just proves it.

Have been listening to Under the Bushes Under the Stars quite a bit lately and I'd forgotten how great of a record that is.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Love the pick. He was my back-up if for some reason Malkmus was off the board with my first supergroup. Considered him as a frontman again this time around before going in another direction with Chilton.

Game of Pricks is a top 10 song all time, imo. That he released two completely different takes on it in the same year, and both of them are f***ing amazing, just proves it.

It's so cool, isn't it? He just churns them out relentlessly.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Farrokh Bulsara worked a few various jobs such as baggage handler, selling secondhand edwardarian clothing, and was in a few bands before hitting the big time with [Undecided stay Pufts superband 2]. Thanks to a 4 extra incisors, he has a stunning 4 octave range that we intend to take full advance of.
His degree in graphics design will also be of use, along with his song writing, piano playing abilities.

View attachment 505914

I could have sworn Queen was selected as someones Team Band

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The way this started, I thought I might be in danger of a sniping. Thankfully, my linchpin is still there.

He can't really sing, and when he does he has a perfect British accent, even though he is from Ohio and has never (as far as I know) lived in England. He can't really play guitar, either. But he can write a damned song. He has registered the rights to over 2,400 songs. I won't claim to have heard that many, but I can't remember hearing a bad one by him. Seriously, the consistency is shocking by any measure, but when paired with that output? It's pretty crazy.

With the first Supergroup, I found myself scrambling a little to make sure I had my songwriting bases fully covered. This time, I wanted to start with the songwriting and build out from there according to the flow of the board.

I first heard his band on "120 Minutes" on a Sunday night on MTV. I don't remember which song it was, but I remember really liking it. I also remember that it was very short, like most of his songs, and those don't typically send me scurrying to find out more. But then I got the following on a compilation CD, and I was completely won over. It remains my favorite GBV song.

This is another great one, and reminds me of the aforementioned Alex Chilton, kind of.

Here is another gem nestled snuggly in with the thousands of others. I know he looks basically homeless, or at least unemployed, but you can't tell me that he isn't cool as f***.

The one thing we are going to do is push him to extend his songs - he leaves a LOT of meat on the bone. I understand that that is the appeal of them in a way, that sense of "always leave them wanting more," but I DO want more.

Now it's just a matter of seeing what flies off the board and what falls to me. Should be very interesting.

robert-pollard-high-kick.gif

Member (phrasing) - Robert Pollard - vocals, guitar, primary songwriter

@Lord Defect

Great pick. Ty Segall and Robert Pollard were cut from they same cloth, they were just born on different coasts 30 years apart.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
So. Tired. Pleased to select one of my favorite bassists ever.

GettyImages-3356699.jpg

Supergroup #2 Musician #1: John Taylor

Band name: Triple Entendre

@BernieParent

Full disclosure: I have no clue where I'm going beyond this now that I've picked Taylor...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are thrilled to be able to begin compilation of our (secular) Supergroup 2 with the selection of one of our all-time favourite guitarists, Randy Rhoads.

iu

"Originally educated in classical guitar, and the son of two music teachers, Mr. Rhoads combined these early influences with heavy metal, helping to form a subgenre later known as neoclassical metal. Despite a music career cut tragically short when he died in a plane crash in 1982, he is widely recognized as one of the pivotal figure in metal music, credited with pioneering a fast and technical style of guitar soloing that largely defined the metal scene of the 1980s. He helped to popularize various guitar techniques now common in heavy metal music, including two-handed tapping, tremolo bar dive bombs, and intricate scale patterns, drawing comparisons to his contemporary, Eddie Van Halen.

"As a member of Quiet Riot, Mr. Rhoads was contacted by Ozzy Osbourne to audition for his solo band. According to Mr. Rhoads' account, Mr. Osbourne was too drunk to personally listen or meet with him even though he was offered the job by bassist Dana Strum. Mr. Rhoads performed on Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, including one of the most notable guitar riffs in heavy metal history:

"We would write more but have interrupted our workday sufficiently. We have become accustomed to passing the turn to our fellow draft-bottom-dweller, @Rebels57."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't decided yet which way I want to go with Supergroup #2, but I know I want TRENT REZNOR involved.

View attachment 506084

Adding him gives us a solid option as a Vocalist, but where he truly shines is in Production.

With Nine Inch Nails, he reinvented the alternative/industrial music genre in the 90's, becoming one of the most influential artists of the decade.

Now he's added Oscar-winning Composer to his repertoire.

The FOG welcome him with open arms, as we allow our Fragile selves to drift into the Downward Spirl before settling in the Pretty Hate Machine that is the Quackverse.

Production/Back-up Vocals

I think I have Trent as a composer. May need @Captain Dave Poulin for a ruling if composers can be picked a second time

Reactions: BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

View attachment 505914

Great start, m'Lord. I can't believe Sir Frederic of Mercury lasted this long.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The way I see it, Trent composes movie scores and writes/produces rock music simultaneously in real life, so why not in the Quackverse? :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I won't be mad if the ruling goes against me

Yeah, he is taken as a composer by the Villains - sorry, bud. Please pick again.

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really can't decide on what genre of music I want this band to be so until then, i'm going with another Producer/Multi-Instrumentalist/Vocalist with BECK.

With him on board, I can still go in a variety of different directions. From alternative to indie electronic to pop. We shall see.

Odelay! is probably his most famous ablum, but my two favorite Beck albums are Guero and Modern Guilt. For me, that is where he peaked as an artist.

beck-2019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad