NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I own The Who as my band so this isn't pick tipping but for the more musically inclined who would you take from Townsend and Moon, I'm having trouble deciding.

You have zero chance of going wrong with either of those two, so think of your alternates at guitar and drums - if you have a good alternate drummer, pick that person and save Townsend for later - if you have a good alternate guitarist and songwriter (who won't be as good as Townsend, that is almost a guarantee), pick that person and save Moon for later (don't run away, run away and let me down).

Reactions: Asnito

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You too?! I am suddenly nervous about every name on my list.

I think you’re safe from me. Watt was likely our only point of intersection. My band is going to sound very different than yours most likely based on your first pick.

I didn’t expect Watt to be the hot commodity. Met him once, he’s got giant hands and a damned firm handshake.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think you’re safe from me. Watt was likely our only point of intersection. My band is going to sound very different than yours most likely based on your first pick.

I didn’t expect Watt to be the hot commodity. Met him once, he’s got giant hands and a damned firm handshake.

That generation of punk players that came up on Motown and funk don't sound like anyone else. If that's the tone you want, you have to get one of them. Watt will tell you James Jamerson is the GOAT. I highly doubt anyone is picking a session musician who wasn't already considering him, so let's not pretend this is pick-tipping.

And yes, incredibly nice person.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu debut as our newest new band member: Billy Corgan (vocals, guitar, multi-instrumentals)

billy-corgan-laughing-gif.gif

The Smashing Pumpkins' creative engine, you know this gangly man. I can understand why his vocals are a certain taste, by I personally love how distinctly strange they are. They never blend; they're always Billy Corgan.

But what is undeniable is that he is a fantastic musician. I think he's a super underrated rhythm/lead guitarist -- from his unorthodox progressions to his spacey voicings to his fuzzy aggression (when required) -- and his tone is to die for. But he plays pretty much every major instrument on Pumpkins records: keyboard, bass, drums, electronics, etc. A lot of the studio work is just him. He's fantastically talented. I love his ear for mixing and production too with his soundscapes.

The Pumpkins and Corgan are undefinable and rarely boring musically, and that's what drew me to this selection. He can produce pretty much any sound under the sun and pull it off. Dreamy film score-type numbers, with harps and orchestras? Sure. Machine pop electronic? Did it. Punk-metal? Mmmhmm. Honestly, I like their mellower stuff the best.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Honolulu debut as our newest new band member: Billy Corgan (vocals, guitar, multi-instrumentals)

The Smashing Pumpkins' creative engine, you know this gangly man. I can understand why his vocals are a certain taste, by I personally love how distinctly strange they are. They never blend; they're always Billy Corgan.

But what is undeniable is that he is a fantastic musician. I think he's a super underrated rhythm/lead guitarist -- from his unorthodox progressions to his spacey voicings to his fuzzy aggression (when required) -- and his tone is to die for. But he plays pretty much every major instrument on Pumpkins records: keyboard, bass, drums, electronics, etc. A lot of the studio work is just him. He's fantastically talented. I love his ear for mixing and production too with his soundscapes.

The Pumpkins and Corgan are undefinable and rarely boring musically, and that's what drew me to this selection. He can produce pretty much any sound under the sun and pull it off. Dreamy film score-type numbers, with harps and orchestras? Sure. Machine pop electronic? Did it. Punk-metal? Mmmhmm. Honestly, I like their mellower stuff the best.

I almost picked him for my spite group :eek: but took a bit of time and listened to some of his non-radio-rotation stuff and backed off.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

geico-caveman-gif.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I am supremely confident that I will not be getting sniped in this second iteration of our Supergroups, but I would honestly love for someone to prove me wrong. I'm going much deeper into my roots this time around, so any snipes would just make me like the sniper that much more. We could even come up with a secret handshake based on our love of tremendous musicians. I've got some dap up ideas that are already ready already.

With our first selection, we could actually cap our supergroup here. This fella is essentially a one man band, playing the full gamut of instruments to create his unique and versatile sound. He will be all over the stage in our group, playing whatever is necessary for the next mind-melter of a song. To tie this selection in even further, he is a former member of The Perverts. #levels.

Member (phrasing) - Ty Segall (multi-instrumental, backup vocals)

@mja is still up

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I am supremely confident that I will not be getting sniped in this second iteration of our Supergroups, but I would honestly love for someone to prove me wrong. I'm going much deeper into my roots this time around, so any snipes would just make me like the sniper that much more. We could even come up with a secret handshake based on our love of tremendous musicians. I've got some dap up ideas that are already ready already.

With our first selection, we could actually cap our supergroup here. This fella is essentially a one man band, playing the full gamut of instruments to create his unique and versatile sound. He will be all over the stage in our group, playing whatever is necessary for the next mind-melter of a song. To tie this selection in even further, he is a former member of The Perverts. #levels.

Member (phrasing) - Ty Segall (multi-instrumental, backup vocals)

@mja is still up

I just had a great idea for the direction you should take this band, and if you do not, I will be supremely disappointed. I thought of a name and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad