NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Some music trivia.

How many number 1 singles did The Who have in the US?

Zero
They only had one top 10 hit in the US

The acts that have never had a Billboard #1 is enough to make you question the value of society. Some other names:

Dylan
Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Clash
Tom Petty
Hendrix
CCR

The list that has never had a top 40 single is baffling too.

The Ramones, King Crimson, Tom Waits, New York Dolls, Soundgarden, Iron Maiden

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Can we just agree the entire Quackverse group is at least a little bit defective? The range is immense, but every single one of us is on that list. If you disagree, you're higher up on the list than you think.

I’m way up the list and I know it, but on the bright side, I will never be “tried to draft Hitler” bad. We should all be proud of ourselves for that. Well, at least everyone left should.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The acts that have never had a Billboard #1 is enough to make you question the value of society. Some other names:

Dylan
Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Clash
Tom Petty
Hendrix
CCR

I almost understand CCR but the others on that list is bonkers

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Dylan
Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Clash
Tom Petty
Hendrix
CCR

If you live with the understanding that the majority of the human race is seriously f*cked and lacking in taste and originality, seeing something you love fail to achieve popular acclaim is actually a comfort.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Dylan
Zeppelin
Nirvana
The Clash
Tom Petty
Hendrix
CCR

I don't have the time now but it's always fun to see why aka what the #1 was. For example Bridge Over Troubled Water kept In My Life out of the #1 spot. Sometimes that makes a little more sense of things

Crazy to think some of these songs that have stood the test of time were never #1s, some not even singles

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
If you live with the understanding that the majority of the human race is seriously f*cked and lacking in taste and originality, seeing something you love fail to achieve popular acclaim is actually a comfort.
Just because a song doesn't peak at #1 doesn't mean it isn't charting/isn't wildly popular. I mean the billboard charts measure the 100 most popular song (depending on whatever surrogate they use to measure that), so even #99 on the charts is still a wildly popular song in the big picture.

Hell there's some songs that'll spend a week or 2 at #1 but chart for like 5 weeks. Meanwhile some songs stay in the charts for months but never at #1.

Charts are weird, is the point. Like a Rolling Stone might not have spent a week at #1, but it probably charted way longer than the #1 song that kept it off the top spot. I haven't looked

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don't have the time now but it's always fun to see why aka what the #1 was. For example Bridge Over Troubled Water kept In My Life out of the #1 spot

Crazy to think some of these songs that have stood the test of time were never #1s, some not even singles

Yes! I know some of them off-hand.

“Smells Like Teen Spirit” peaked at 6 while #1 was “Black or White” by Michael Jackson

The Clash’s top single was “Rock the Casbah,” which makes me want to forcefully desiccate myself to nothing. #1 was “Maneater.”

“All Along the Watchtower” peaked while “Hey Jude” was #1, but it never got above #20. And that’s Hendrix’s top placement ever by a mile. 20! #2 was “Harper Valley P.T.A.” :laugh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Yes! I know some of them off-hand.

“Smells Like Teen Spirit” peaked at 6 while #1 was “Black or White” by Michael Jackson

The Clash’s top single was “Rock the Casbah,” which makes me want to forcefully desiccate myself to nothing. #1 was “Maneater.”

“All Along the Watchtower” peaked while “Hey Jude” was #1, but it never got above #20. And that’s Hendrix’s top placement ever by a mile. 20!
Hey Jude kept a whole f***ing lot of songs off that #1 spot lollll

And like this is exactly what I'm talking about - a MJ song. Of course

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Hey Jude kept a whole f***ing lot of songs off that #1 spot lollll

And like this is exactly what I'm talking about - a MJ song. Of course

Yeah, but do you know who knocked MJ out of the top spot?

R-639156-1494188875-2068.png.jpg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After picking Jack White, Laura Lee, and Matt Cameron it became evident that this group was going to be an Electric Funk Rock amalgamation of sorts.

I've been racking my brain trying to pick the perfect singer for this type of outfit. Then I remembered who my team musician is and that we can use him.

tumblr_m7tcl7gv9c1qhhrf5o4_400.gif

PRINCE will not only handle Lead Vocals and Song-Writing, he will make everyone else in the band even better.

Despite being a virtuoso on nearly every instrument, he's played well within bands before such as the Revolution, the New Power Generation, and several others.

If you got him, flaunt him.

prince-new-song-with-zooey-deschanel.gif

Band Name

PRINCE & THE ELECTRO FUNK FACTION

Members

Prince - Lead Vocals
Jack White - Lead Guitar
Laura Lee - Bass
Matt Cameron - Drums
Beck - Rhythm Guitar

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Five #2's from CCR. Most ever without a #1

Bad Moon Rising was kept off by "Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet" by Henry Mancini

Proud Mary was kept off by Dizzy (Tommy Roe) and Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone

Green River was kept off by "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies

Travellin Band and Long as I Can See the Light we're both kept off by Bridge Over Troubled Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad