NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Hey this shit is like chess. He took his hand off his piece. That should be his band name
hasbulla (1).gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You didn't miss mine. I suck at coming up with names, so give me a little bit to find inspiration. I won't forget, but I also don't want to hold anything up so let me know if I wait too long

Maybe combine words that are used for prog rock (your band's style?) and chess, like "Vanguard Rooks," or "Taken Queens," or like ... f***ing ... "The Canterbury Scene."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
OK, so while we wait for the final three band names, I have a bit of news.

When it comes to a third supergroup, I think we are all excited to do that, right? But we have to wait for it, and I'll tell you why. I held off on the Team Poet or Rapper category in PHASE FIFTEEN so all our choices would be on the board for this draft in case anyone wanted to pick a rapper. But I am definitely doing that category in the next phase of the major draft, so we will hold off on the third supergroup until after that.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
OK, so while we wait for the final three band names, I have a bit of news.

When it comes to a third supergroup, I think we are all excited to do that, right? But we have to wait for it, and I'll tell you why. I held off on the Team Poet or Rapper category in PHASE FIFTEEN so all our choices would be on the board for this draft in case anyone wanted to pick a rapper. But I am definitely doing that category in the next phase of the major draft, so we will hold off on the third supergroup until after that.
Sounds good.

I wasn't busting your chops earlier about changing picks. I had actually wondered if I could do that considering there was a much better choice for one of my slots (phrasing), but I figured that I made the pick and I'd stick with it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sounds good.

I wasn't busting your chops earlier about changing picks. I had actually wondered if I could do that considering there was a much better choice for one of my slots (phrasing), but I figured that I made the pick and I'd stick with it.

I think you can change since we are at the end of it. I guess the only potential "controversy" about that is if someone says "Well, part of the process is choosing people before you think someone else will, and you are stuck with the consequences of your choices." That's the kind of hardass version. I wasn't worried about that because I know it had nothing to do with my change and I was very confident it didn't steal him from anyone. The normal version I guess is "Yeah, but we're just picking people we want in our band, and it doesn't make sense to keep people from having who they want." So it would actually be fine with me personally.

The other thing is that we are ostensibly "finished" - doing a third supergroup is just for fun, and I don't see it as saving people for someone to take "next time," since next time is just that extra bit of fun. I'm trying to be as consistent and logical (as hard as that is) as possible just to hold this thing together, but we don't have to be hyper-anal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad