NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - SUPPLEMENTAL SUPERGROUP 2 SUPERDRAFT!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No one else is currently working in my genre, so sniping shouldn't be a massive worry, but one never knows with the Spite quotient out there.

I'm glad to see this come back around to me so that I can lock down one of the premiere DJs/producers ever. MCs get the notoriety, and I have two of the best, but without the tracks, it's no good. Along with RANCH, he formed the duo Gang Starr and has gone on to work with, well, damn near everyone. It's also easier say that making a list that goes RANCH, RANCH, RANCH, KRS-One, RANCH, RANCH, RANCH...etc. A career spanning decades and still going, there's none finer than...

DJ Premier - DJ

And for something a bit different:

@Chuck Downie , we got those skills.

You literally could not have picked a better DJ. He's the GOAT.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
While the FOG are still unsure of which direction this band is ultimately going, that wont stop us from sprinting to the podium to select LAURA LEE from Khruangbin as our Bass Player/Back-up Vocalist.

View attachment 507731

If you've never experienced the intoxicating groove of Khruangbin, I implore you to sit back, relax, and imbibe in your vice of choice while watching this performance below.

Seeing them at The Met in Philly in March and I cant wait!

Nice pick, Rebels. Though not my preferred music style, I listened to the whole video and enjoyed having it in the background while working.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice pick, Rebels. Though not my preferred music style, I listened to the whole video and enjoyed having it in the background while working.

It's pretty awesome background music. I listen to it often while cooking. Jazz is that way too. They have such a tight groove. They've also formed a supergroup with [RANCH] and released 3 very good singles so far. I'm hoping he pops in at the concert in March.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
It's pretty awesome background music. I listen to it often while cooking. Jazz is that way too. They have such a tight groove. They've also formed a supergroup with [RANCH] and released 3 very good singles so far. I'm hoping he pops in at the concert in March.

"Tight" definitely fits this trio, especially their seamless changes in key signature. I liked the guitarist's work, particularly over such a long extended set. You franchise bassist was smooth with 8 o's; not flashy but had some nice bass lines that (to my inexpert ears) were just complex enough to make me think she takes her instrument pretty seriously. Picky me would have liked the guitarist to switch up his sound a bit so it didn't sound like one long song. Not being able to understand any of the few lyrics was another little bugaboo.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Supergroup 2 band member #3

Chubby Checker

Chubby Checker - Wikipedia

5bb35dc43ad66.image.jpg

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Do you know what's great about a hip-hop super group? Hip-hop crosses over and guest-stars to a much higher degree. While most of what everyone else has drafted exists in a magical fantasy realm, my choices have actually collaborated.

As I said to @JojoTheWhale , my first three picks were solid locks. My fourth has been a bit up in the air because there are so many candidates, but ultimately the chance to see my first four picks collaborate on the same song is too fantastic to pass on. So while I will still be continuing on with two more picks to follow, let's make this the core crew. So, the pick to round this out is the first one to get their start outside the 80s, but still rolling strong thirty years later. His debut Illmatic is widely considered one of the best hip-hop albums of all times. If one of his influences Rakim revolutionized the form with his rhyme style, Nas took it a step further with how his rhymes synced with music - coming off the snare and following its own charismatic flow. Perhaps the most controversial pick so far as someone with numerous high profile beefs with RANCH and LIVERWURST, his music, longevity, influence and storytelling make it impossible to leave him out of this unnamed group.

Nas, grab the mic and let'em know what you're like:

Before the group grows, this is what they sound like as a foursome:

@GKJ , I know you can, be what you wanna be.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Do you know what's great about a hip-hop super group? Hip-hop crosses over and guest-stars to a much higher degree. While most of what everyone else has drafted exists in a magical fantasy realm, my choices have actually collaborated.

As I said to @JojoTheWhale , my first three picks were solid locks. My fourth has been a bit up in the air because there are so many candidates, but ultimately the chance to see my first four picks collaborate on the same song is too fantastic to pass on. So while I will still be continuing on with two more picks to follow, let's make this the core crew. So, the pick to round this out is the first one to get their start outside the 80s, but still rolling strong thirty years later. His debut Illmatic is widely considered one of the best hip-hop albums of all times. If one of his influences Rakim revolutionized the form with his rhyme style, Nas took it a step further with how his rhymes synced with music - coming off the snare and following its own charismatic flow. Perhaps the most controversial pick so far as someone with numerous high profile beefs with RANCH and LIVERWURST, his music, longevity, influence and storytelling make it impossible to leave him out of this unnamed group.

Nas, grab the mic and let'em what you're like:

KRS-ONE is just ridiculous.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Nas, grab the mic and let'em know what you're like:

You just killed my third super group. I hope you feel good about that.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks remain undecided about whom they wish to select as lead singer. We entered this particular draft with an eye purely towards musical talent and less on the individual's character, which was principal in other drafts; however, one of the premier talents we have been considering has too much current baggage for us to feel comfortable.

"We do enthusiastically move ahead in filling another essential spot in our Supergroup: drums. If the music world were professional hockey, we would be confident we were choosing the top prospect not currently in the league. She broke onto the music scene with one fantastic video after another, covering some of the top drum-heavy songs in rock history, including the greatest of the great (@BiggE).

"She took it up several notches when she became embroiled in a drum war with none other than Dave Grohl, which led to the amazing moment of taking the stage with the Foo Fighters in front of thousands of screaming fans.

"The talent level of this young lady, who remains 2 months shy of turning 12 years old, is matched only by her moxie. Her enthusiasm and drumming zeal are absolutely infectious and we couldn't be more pleased to welcome to our Franchise Supergroup Nandi Bushell.

"The craziest thing is that she isn't even limited to playing drums:

"We turn the draft podium over to @ajgoal, @Rebels57, or whoever is due to make a selection."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks remain undecided about whom they wish to select as lead singer. We entered this particular draft with an eye purely towards musical talent and less on the individual's character, which was principal in other drafts; however, one of the premier talents we have been considering has too much current baggage for us to feel comfortable.

"We do enthusiastically move ahead in filling another essential spot in our Supergroup: drums. If the music world were professional hockey, we would be confident we were choosing the top prospect not currently in the league. She broke onto the music scene with one fantastic video after another, covering some of the top drum-heavy songs in rock history, including the greatest of the great (@BiggE).

"She took it up several notches when she became embroiled in a drum war with none other than Dave Grohl, which led to the amazing moment of taking the stage with the Foo Fighters in front of thousands of screaming fans.

"The talent level of this young lady, who remains 2 months shy of turning 12 years old, is matched only by her moxie. Her enthusiasm and drumming zeal are absolutely infectious and we couldn't be more pleased to welcome to our Franchise Supergroup Nandi Bushell.

"The craziest thing is that she isn't even limited to playing drums:

"We turn the draft podium over to @ajgoal, @Rebels57, or whoever is due to make a selection."

Hahaha I almost picked her :laugh: She rules.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The Dandy Lions will be having a varied catalogue and need a drummer that can handle to workload. There no one better to have in the back end then the drummer credited with being the most recorded drummer in history(I read it online so it must be true).
There are too many [RANCH]’s to list so let’s just say he’s in over 100 songs aside various artists.
Jim Keltner

AE2C6147-350D-4B7B-AB73-326055CA6DBA.jpeg

BB757CE7-526A-4A6A-95B8-A73D8C96A168.jpeg

Look at this hard charger. How could you not want him?
@Captain Dave Poulin lets go skippy, make your pick before your novel length good morning post(which we all enjoy but whatever)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had her in mind all along for this, because she harmonizes beautifully with other female singers. I could hear her and Chan layering their voices on and over each other, and I love the sound of it. Her voice, like Chan's, is perfectly imperfect, but a touch higher, and together they will create cat power. I can haz cheezburger? Yes you can. Aside from the songwriting, it is the most important part of this band and is why I rushed the pick for Chan and blew my drummer pick.

I don't necessarily need guitar pyrotechnics in this band, and she is a very competent and smooth player, which is good enough. She's a really good songwriter, and I love her.

1ae82d2d2336723d3558e523b425e594.jpg

Theresa Wayman - vocals, guitar, synthesizer

@Strawberry Fields is up, and @Rebels57 can make his pick whenever he comes on.

This website is f***ed.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I had her in mind all along for this, because she harmonizes beautifully with other female singers. I could hear her and Chan layering their voices on and over each other, and I love the sound of it. Her voice, like Chan's, is perfectly imperfect, but a touch higher, and together they will create cat power, I can haz cheezburger? Yes you can. Aside from the songwriting, it is the most important part of this band and is why I rushed the pick for Chan and blew my drummer pick.

I don't necessarily need guitar pyrotechnics in this band, and she is a very competent and smooth player, which is good enough. She's a really good songwriter, and I love her.

1ae82d2d2336723d3558e523b425e594.jpg

Theresa Wayman - vocals, guitar, synthesizer

@Strawberry Fields is up, and @Rebels57 can make his pick whenever he comes on.

This website is f***ed.
Where the hell is our good morning post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad