NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE THREE! Part Three

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
A quick note: I'm only doing this because me having the last pick in the phase means it creates no extra work for Cap (who I cleared this with in advance), thus not making it a "Wish for more Wishes" situation that ruins the fun for everyone.

No matter what sandwich you pick, eventually you're going to get tired of eating it. So let's do something a little different with it. The M.A.D. Cats' Official Team Sandwich is A Sandwich Pick. From Wikipedia for those not familiar with baseball:

image.png

Phase 3 is officially over and the Sandwich round has begun. We have now fulfilled our Phase 3 requirements and can pick anything we damn well please.

The M.A.D. Cats are adding Team Mythological Figure to the drafting categories for Phase 4. If you can justify it, it counts. We can't wait for the alternate jerseys this spawns.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
A quick note: I'm only doing this because me having the last pick in the phase means it creates no extra work for Cap (who I cleared this with in advance), thus not making it a "Wish for more Wishes" situation that ruins the fun for everyone.

No matter what sandwich you pick, eventually you're going to get tired of eating it. So let's do something a little different with it. The M.A.D. Cats' Official Team Sandwich is A Sandwich Pick. From Wikipedia for those not familiar with baseball:

image.png

Phase 3 is officially over and the Sandwich round has begun. We have now fulfilled our Phase 3 requirements and can pick anything we damn well please.

The M.A.D. Cats are adding Team Mythological Figure to the drafting categories for Phase 4. If you can justify it, it counts. We can't wait for the alternate jerseys this spawns.

This almost makes up for you shafting me for Nintendo lawyers.

ALMOST

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

image.png

76DjKdH.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

image.png

Just a quick note to the entire Quackverse - this is not actually a license to start picking whatever you want right now :laugh: We are adding the mythological figure to PHASE FOUR! and that's all. And if that's not awesome enough for you, you are defective as f***.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

image.png

This is absolutely ridiculous lol

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So is there a Phase 4A wherein @Striiker and @mja make all of the first three phase picks in alternating fashion? Otherwise we may start sniping some of their first liners to be our second liners.

There’d better be an actual expansion draft where We get to steal some of your picks—particularly players both current and historical. You vultures left us with scraps.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That is one way to look at it. Here's another. We've already established that David Hakstol and Benito Mussolini meet the criteria for involvement, so your only two choices are to make the best of it or admit you're below the Hakstol-Mussolini line. Ball's in your court.
I’d bet you if you took a poll on this forum, I’d rank below them.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm not going to open the new thread(s) for a little bit - I have some "bookkeeping" shit to do. That sounds important and businessy, right? Haha, you FOOLS! I'M NOT A BUSINESSMAN! Anyway, here is some shit.

1. Expansion

We've drafted 12 players so far. @mja and @Striiker will be drafting alongside us this round - they will start with 0 players. After this round, we will have 17, and those two guys will have 5 each. After this round, we (the Original 19 + Surge) must leave one player exposed from each of the three rounds. The two expansion teams will be able to choose from the players we leave exposed, plus players still undrafted. to fill out their rosters to 17. No Original 19+ franchise can lose more than 2 players and no franchise can lose more than 1 current player or more than 1 legend player (I know this might be confusing, especially for those of you who are illiterate, but there's no easy way to say this shit. Just ask me if you have questions.)

The two expansion teams can't take any non-player stuff off our list - there is just absolute shit tons of stuff still available, so it shouldn't be a problem. I will open a SPECIAL EXPANSION PHASE ONE! thread, but maybe not until tomorrow morning - I'll figure out the draft order for those two tonight and tell everyone. The rest of us can jump in that thread and shit all over the pair of them, or praise them, or just comment in general, but they will be picking non-player shit exclusively in that thread.

So:

All 22 franchises draft in order in PHASE FOUR!
We hand in protection lists which leave one player from each round exposed.
We hold a Player Expansion Draft in which the two expansion teams choose from our unprotected players or undrafted players, at their discretion.
No franchise may lose more than 1 current player and 1 legend player from their team.

2. I will have all the picks made so far in the OP in the new thread, but despite not being a businessman, I made this f***ing spreadsheet in case it is easier for you to check. Plus you can f*** with it and change it around at your leisure if you are some office nerd. The first page is players, the second page is non-players.

Attachments

• qml.xlsx
    27.4 KB · Views: 3

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm not going to open the new thread(s) for a little bit - I have some "bookkeeping" shit to do. That sounds important and businessy, right? Haha, you FOOLS! I'M NOT A BUSINESSMAN! Anyway, here is some shit.

1. Expansion

We've drafted 12 players so far. @mja and @Striiker will be drafting alongside us this round - they will start with 0 players. After this round, we will have 17, and those two guys will have 5 each. After this round, we (the Original 19 + Surge) must leave one player exposed from each of the three rounds. The two expansion teams will be able to choose from the players we leave exposed, plus players still undrafted. to fill out their rosters to 17. No Original 19+ franchise can lose more than 2 players and no franchise can lose more than 1 current player or more than 1 legend player (I know this might be confusing, especially for those of you who are illiterate, but there's no easy way to say this shit. Just ask me if you have questions.)

The two expansion teams can't take any non-player stuff off our list - there is just absolute shit tons of stuff still available, so it shouldn't be a problem. I will open a SPECIAL EXPANSION PHASE ONE! thread, but maybe not until tomorrow morning - I'll figure out the draft order for those two tonight and tell everyone. The rest of us can jump in that thread and shit all over the pair of them, or praise them, or just comment in general, but they will be picking non-player shit exclusively in that thread.

So:

We hold a Player Expansion Draft in which the two expansion teams choose from our unprotected players or undrafted players, at their discretion.
No franchise may lose more than 1 current player and 1 legend player from their team.

2. I will have all the picks made so far in the OP in the new thread, but despite not being a businessman, I made this f***ing spreadsheet in case it is easier for you to check. Plus you can f*** with it and change it around at your leisure if you are some office nerd. The first page is players, the second page is non-players.

Endorsed.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin One question. You said one player per phase will be exposed, but there were no actual players in Phase 2. So it's just a random category?

I'm fine with anything. I just want to make sure I have it right.

Ja, like Chinatown said - one player from each "line" we drafted basically. So after this phase we will be leaving 2 current players and 1 legend player exposed.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

1. Expansion

So:

I’m sure this all makes sense, but I’m drunk and high as f***, so??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad