NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Ok so, does anyone want to trade me their next pick for Esposito? I had someone in mind and neglected to tell Cap while I was ultra busy getting “a rough draft” of work done on my basement finished before our appraiser came through. (I got it done by the way in three days!)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
oooh, well we didn't expect this player to still be available but we're glad he is. The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are extremely proud to run (more like a slow stride based off of how long it took me to actually make the pick) to the podium and select... Markus Naslund to complete our third forward legends line.

WOOOOOOOO!

(check is in the mail, @BiggE)

Naslund - Richards - Hejduk

Gee, I wonder what generation i'm in?

Markus-Naslund.jpg

@Young Sandwich you're up.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
oooh, well we didn't expect this player to still be available but we're glad he is. The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are extremely proud to run (more like a slow stride based off of how long it took me to actually make the pick) to the podium and select... Markus Naslund to complete our third forward legends line.

WOOOOOOOO!

(check is in the mail, @BiggE)

Naslund - Richards - Hejduk

Gee, I wonder what generation i'm in?

Markus-Naslund.jpg

@Young Sandwich you're up.
another guy whose jersey I have

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
There's an era-adjusted scoring metric called VsX that's heavily used in the yearly All-Time Drafts on this site. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a better approximation than something like Adjusted Points. In VsX, there's a Center still available with a 7-year offensive peak extremely similar to Mike Bossy and Bill Cook. That would be none other than the Center of the Bread Line, Frank "Raffles" Boucher.

canadian-professional-ice-hockey-player-and-coach-frank-boucher-of-picture-id73874706

One thing we also have to keep in mind is that Boucher was primarily a playmaker and defender in an era where Assists were orders of magnitude less likely to be awarded, so it would be reasonable to say that his totals would look even better with a modern lense.

Boucher's absolute peak was undoubtedly the 1928 Stanley Cup Playoffs. With Montreal up 2-1 in the Finals, Boucher then proceeded to score every single Goal for either team for the rest of the series, winning the Cup for the Rangers in the full 5 Games. He finished the playoffs with 10 Points, fully double the 2nd place finisher who also happened to be his linemate.

There's another interesting bit of Boucher's career that seems abnormal with the current state of the game. In his day, the Lady Byng Trophy was seen as almost as important as the Hart. Boucher not only has the most Byng Trophies ever, he won 7 in an 8 year span from 1927-28 to 1934-35.

After his playing days, Boucher became the coach and GM of the Rangers, winning a Stanley Cup and becoming the first coach to use 2 Goalies.

@Lord Defect Your turn to break things.

Hull - Morenz - Mikhailov
Messier - H. Richard - Makarov
XXXX - Nighbor - Nedomansky
XXXX - Boucher - XXXX
XXXX

Kelly - Pronovost
Taylor - Vasiliev
Suchy - Tremblay

Belfour
Darwin

Status