NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Flaming Zeppelins owner Sami Kapanen is mildly perturbed by the lack of Finns on our legends roster. He also would like a modern goaltender on the squad, given that our 1st legend goalie is none other than Georges Vezina. Luckily, we have just the guy in Miika Kiprusoff!

LqQdbxehwg_INYw0WNXzAewg0dOaxiX5fY1YMUV5CdFQN6MksBi3o-cRt2S7imBH6CG6uyoyrpkExmpY4Y7o30yz6PT1M5ergCY2bYt8FRQ7F1r_bWzohBv2xozYOx6wzFtiqSXc

Stuck behind RANCH in San Jose, Miika got a late start on starting, but quickly became an absolute workhorse for Calgary, averaging 73 games played a season for 7 straight years. He was regularly in the Vezina running throughout that time, with his best season being 2005-06 when he not only took home the Vezina, Jennings, and a 1st Team All Star, but was also a Hart finalist.

ae-ukaiuhv7qzxnX5Zw9qsz6Izsv6y9y3QTyvY-S6eeJQTuWjapqHNBPsLLQqnWWHUCUpYZH6ldWa5kri7JOQMQt_OOles9z2rvzmggG0QNgNeQa2nmdvGxAfkUVc-kpWAyo1G9w

This also now means that we have at least one player who played in every decade since the 1910’s, which was no small consideration.

@GKJ, it's all you

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
C/RW Vaclav Nedomansky. I'll put him at RW for now, Cap. I can't believe how hard of a time I had coming up with acceptable RWs left.

fc1f3f63d0b6d97a489720b9cab8431a.jpg

There happens to be a Czech poster on the History board who can actually speak to these things with credibility, so rather than do a writeup, I'm going to post some of his descriptions. Those mean far more than me saying he lead the Czech league in Scoring 5 times. I'm not including the username because I don't want to bother him.

He even uploaded some Czech press clippings related to Nedomansky coming to the NHL here: Top-200 Hockey Players of All-Time - Round 2, Vote 13

@Young Sandwich

So much for having a stealth RW pick I could stash until my next turn.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, resting fart rates - wake up and blast.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @GKJ on the clock, @Strawberry Fields on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and @BiggE on the lido afterdeck.

No hockey today, but it's raining all over the chickens, which worries me because it might hinder their ability to fight Beef when he attacks the barracks. One of the advantages of air support in combat is the fact that they can come at you from above, of course, but I am pretty sure that they are too stupid to fly when they are wet, and I am 100% sure, from scientific observation, that they are too stupid to fly most of the rest of the time. So I guess the best I can hope for is that they will waddle around on their fat asses more or less in front of him, because he is afraid enough of birds to be set back by that. I just hope he remembers to take his baboon furnace back with him.

No hockey today or tonight, so enjoy your Asian Cinema Night in pieces!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm fishing again this weekend, so if I'm not immediately responsive for my next pick, feel free to skip me.

In the meantime we'll select a man who was born to be a Sexpo. Considered one of the greatest Swedish hockey players of all time and the first Swedish player to score 50 goals in a season.

CiwopBBXAAYJP3p

Legend Right Wing - Håkan Loob

@Hollywood Couturier

Loob on the Sexpos? Brilliant stuff

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Just got sniped on a goalie, but I’ll make a pick for another Finnish player whose jersey I own: Saku Koivu

View attachment 425803

@Strawberry Fields

Whew, I was right to take Miika when I did. When HC made the Turco pick I figured I was safe until my next pick but I didn’t want to wait any longer than that because I was worried about you and Rebels.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Makes me wonder if people will be saying the same thing again in 30 years when looking back at the league today. Or are we about maxed out as far as physical ability goes?

Kinda hard to watch guys like McDavid, Hayes, and MacKinnon and think players can get much more quick and skilled...

Part of it is shift length. You couldn't go as hard before shorter shifts became the norm.

This is something the Flyers got an advantage from in two generations. Mike Keenan is generally credited for starting it as a constant approach to deployment at the NHL level, but Shero's Flyers teams were also famous in their day for using them on road trips to keep everyone fresh with the much more difficult travel of the times.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
“The Tampa Bay FireSticks are very pleased to add to their legendary line-up, on defense, Hod Stuart.

iu

"William Hodgson "Hod" Stuart played 9 seasons for a variety of teams and leagues as a cover-point (the original term for a defenseman). This included the first professional ice hockey league, the International Professional Hockey League (IPHL). Despite being named the best cover-p ... umm, defenseman in the IPHL multiple times – he was suspended from the league after some teams complained that he had won too many championships – Mr. Stuart left the IPHL over frustration with its violent nature and joined the Montreal Wanderers in time to help them win the Stanley Cup in 1907. Who couldn't appreciate a player who had a letter published in the Montreal Star stating that the IPHL organizers ‘don't know how to run hockey over here, the rink people appoint the most dumb and incompetent referees that could be found.’

“Mr. Stuart was one of the early pioneers of defensemen balancing goalscoring with their defensive responsibilities. He was acknowledged for both his elite play and his work to reduce hockey violence and to increase players' salaries by the Hockey Hall of Fame, who included Mr. Stuart among their first 9 inductees.

“After Mr. Stuart died suddenly in a diving accident, the Eastern Canada Amateur Hockey Association organized an all-star game, played on January 2, 1908, in Montreal to raise money for his widow and children, which was the first all-star game to be played in any sport.”

@BiggE, it's time to choose a (shudder) hockey player."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad