NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
doug_armstrong.jpg

GM Doug: Who's got two thumbs and a plan? This guy!

upload_2021-4-25_9-0-54.png

Mark Recchi: Oh, hey, I do!
GM Doug: No. Marrrk. It's a rhetorical question.
MR: What do you mean?
GM Doug: I ask, wait a second and then use my two thumbs to point to me and say "This guy!"
MR: If you already know the answer, why ask the question?
GM Doug: *head on desk*
MR: Also, was your plan to just listen to Patty berate you and then select a goaltender?
GM Doug: No, I taped a mirror onto the back of a roomba. Patrick will be following that thing around all day. I can make my final genius pick in peace.
MR: Team apparel?
GM Doug: How did a guy with your IQ become a doctor anyway? No, listen, I am finishing the ultimate third line.
MR: Weren't you just talking about the lack of quality right wingers? You forgot to mention how lucky you were to nab me then.
GM Doug: Yes, I was talking about lack of right wings. But then I was like "Dougie, shift a right handed centre to right wing, you genius bastard."
MR: I mean, is that geniu-
GM Doug: So now I'm about to rock it.

Deep in this draft, I'm going to finish off the best checking, that is THIRD, line in this league. Adding 3 more Selkes to Gainey's 4. Keon predates the Selke but I'm pretty sure he would have three too.

MR: This is a lot of buildup.
GM Doug - The Chimpanzees are pleased to select at RW Guy Carbonneau.

Bob Gainey - Dave Keon - Guy Carbonneau. That is a mutha******* third line.

tenor.gif

@ajgoal , you are up.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
doug_armstrong.jpg

GM Doug: Who's got two thumbs and a plan? This guy!

View attachment 426147
Mark Recchi: Oh, hey, I do!
GM Doug: No. Marrrk. It's a rhetorical question.
MR: What do you mean?
GM Doug: I ask, wait a second and then use my two thumbs to point to me and say "This guy!"
MR: If you already know the answer, why ask the question?
GM Doug: *head on desk*
MR: Also, was your plan to just listen to Patty berate you and then select a goaltender?
GM Doug: No, I taped a mirror onto the back of a roomba. Patrick will be following that thing around all day. I can make my final genius pick in peace.
MR: Team apparel?
GM Doug: How did a guy with your IQ become a doctor anyway? No, listen, I am finishing the ultimate third line.
MR: Weren't you just talking about the lack of quality right wingers? You forgot to mention how lucky you were to nab me then.
GM Doug: Yes, I was talking about lack of right wings. But then I was like "Dougie, shift a right handed centre to right wing, you genius bastard."
MR: I mean, is that geniu-
GM Doug: So now I'm about to rock it.

Deep in this draft, I'm going to finish off the best checking, that is THIRD, line in this league. Adding 3 more Selkes to Gainey's 4. Keon predates the Selke but I'm pretty sure he would have three too.

MR: This is a lot of buildup.
GM Doug - The Chimpanzees are pleased to select at RW Guy Carbonneau.

Bob Gainey - Dave Keon - Guy Carbonneau. That is a mutha******* third line.

tenor.gif

@ajgoal , you are up.

I've really enjoyed your construction of the world's perfect 3rd line checking unit. A fun little mini-game that's popped up in this round for me is trying to predict people's picks based on their drafting trends. I've actually nailed 5 of the last 23 non-NJFZ picks - @JojoTheWhale, @Magua x2, @Captain Dave Poulin, and now this one.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I've really enjoyed your construction of the world's perfect 3rd line checking unit. A fun little mini-game that's popped up in this round for me is trying to predict people's picks based on their drafting trends. I've actually nailed 5 of the last 23 non-NJFZ picks - @JojoTheWhale, @Magua x2, @Captain Dave Poulin, and now this one.
You have a better chance of nailing a supermodel than you have of nailing any of my player picks

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I tried to predict picks and realized I'm horrendous at it. The only thing I've been ok with is how far back various drafters are willing to go in the legends categories.

Every time I say I think I could have waited, multiple people give me a side eye gif. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I tried to predict picks and realized I'm horrendous at it. The only thing I've been ok with is how far back various drafters are willing to go in the legends categories.

Every time I say I think I could have waited, multiple people give me a side eye gif. :laugh:

It is great reading the blurbs about the older players, especially the Soviets. They were commie bastards, but it is fun to read. I was like a micropube away from taking Kharlamov, and something snapped in my memory about how strongly I disliked them in my childhood. Not hated - even then I reserved that for the people who really deserved it. Like Morley Safer and Terry Bradshaw and everyone on "Hee-Haw."

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
It is great reading the blurbs about the older players, especially the Soviets. They were commie bastards, but it is fun to read. I was like a micropube away from taking Kharlamov, and something snapped in my memory about how strongly I disliked them in my childhood. Not hated - even then I reserved that for the people who really deserved it. Like Morley Safer and Terry Bradshaw and everyone on "Hee-Haw."
upload_2021-4-25_10-49-16.gif

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The board on defense continues to run thin, so we're going to duck back over to Europe, and more specifically, Czechoslovakia, for our last (?) legends defenseman. Not going back as far as we have in the past, this player entered the league in the same year and on the same team as our goalie from this round, so there's some familiarity there.

After being the first overall pick in 1992, he went on to record 155 goals and 483 assists in almost 1400 games, with an additional 3 goals and 38 assists in the playoffs. This despite a 20-year career spent primarily in the dead puck era on average to poor teams. Internationally, he would win gold with the Czech Republic at the Nagano Olympics with our other legends goalie.

gyi0062604034.0.jpg

Legends Defenceman: Roman Hamrlík

@Hurricane28

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

"I don't know hockey history"

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
A timeline:

1) shave beard down to stache and soul patch for the lolz
2) Play 3 games. Score 3 goals and 2 assists in game one, 5 goals in game 2, and 2 assists in game 3
3) [today] play 3 games. Score 2 goals and am assist in the first game, 1 goal in the second, and 2 goals and 1 assist in the 3rd

Conclusion: mustache stays until the pixie dust wears off

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
A timeline:

1) shave beard down to stache and soul patch for the lolz
2) Play 3 games. Score 3 goals and 2 assists in game one, 5 goals in game 2, and 2 assists in game 3
3) [today] play 3 games. Score 2 goals and am assist in the first game, 1 goal in the second, and 2 goals and 1 assist in the 3rd

Conclusion: mustache stays until the pixie dust wears off

More importantly, does the Lululemon girl like the stache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad