NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, reprobates.

af67Nys.png

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, @pit on deck, and @CaptainTigerPants on the lido deck. Let's try to have fewer four- and five- and six-hour pick sessions, eh? I understand that sometimes it's unavoidable and everything, and that's fine - I'm just saying let's try. The only reason I am saying that is because it took 497 years to make the turn and get back to my pick, and we still aren't all the way back, and I may die if I don't pick soon. That's the only reason.

I am so relieved that we don't have a 65-minute-plus-shootout waste of perfectly good eye diarrhea to engage with tonight, but we do have one of those scheduled for tomorrow, and then two more exactly like it afterwards. Seriously, I know that there is, like, a pandemic or whatever, but scheduling anyone to face the Devils four f***ing times in a row is a war crime, and war crimes are serious.

Here is something that is less serious. I don't normally share the conversations I have with my cat. That's just not true, is it. I don't always share the conversations I have with my cat, that's more accurate. Last night the conversation I had with my cat was pretty telling. I had just turned off the light and was about to get into bed when I felt a fully brewed burp floating in my esophageal cavity. Naturally, I wanted to let it rip while I was still standing so that it could attain some distance and get all the way out rather than linger and become a staccato and pathetic string of miniburps gradually escaping my mouth, know'msayin'? So I let it rip and told kitty "I just burped, kitty." She didn't say anything. Like, at all. So I said "Well, I think that was a pretty impressive burp for a young man." I didn't qualify the statement, like by justifying the wishful use of the phrase "young man" in place of the literally accurate "gassy old man." But my question is this - don't you think the cat should have said something instead of just sitting there purring? This is a rhetorical question - I already know the answer - that's what a rhetorical question is, Defectron - but I hope you will all give this some thought so you are prepared the next time someone fails to acknowledge one of your accomplishments.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I have my next 5 picks all typed up, because I'm cool like that, and I just figured out the 6th one today. Once I figure out the apparel pick, I'm all set.
Speaking of apparel, I did not procure a black lululemon mask as my primary gym mask instead of ripping my hospital mask at the bridge of the nose all the time

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good morning, reprobates.

af67Nys.png

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, @pit on deck, and @CaptainTigerPants on the lido deck. Let's try to have fewer four- and five- and six-hour pick sessions, eh? I understand that sometimes it's unavoidable and everything, and that's fine - I'm just saying let's try. The only reason I am saying that is because it took 497 years to make the turn and get back to my pick, and we still aren't all the way back, and I may die if I don't pick soon. That's the only reason.

I am so relieved that we don't have a 65-minute-plus-shootout waste of perfectly good eye diarrhea to engage with tonight, but we do have one of those scheduled for tomorrow, and then two more exactly like it afterwards. Seriously, I know that there is, like, a pandemic or whatever, but scheduling anyone to face the Devils four f***ing times in a row is a war crime, and war crimes are serious.

Here is something that is less serious. I don't normally share the conversations I have with my cat. That's just not true, is it. I don't always share the conversations I have with my cat, that's more accurate. Last night the conversation I had with my cat was pretty telling. I had just turned off the light and was about to get into bed when I felt a fully brewed burp floating in my esophageal cavity. Naturally, I wanted to let it rip while I was still standing so that it could attain some distance and get all the way out rather than linger and become a staccato and pathetic string of miniburps gradually escaping my mouth, know'msayin'? So I let it rip and told kitty "I just burped, kitty." She didn't say anything. Like, at all. So I said "Well, I think that was a pretty impressive burp for a young man." I didn't qualify the statement, like by justifying the wishful use of the phrase "young man" in place of the literally accurate "gassy old man." But my question is this - don't you think the cat should have said something instead of just sitting there purring? This is a rhetorical question - I already know the answer - that's what a rhetorical question is, Defectron - but I hope you will all give this some thought so you are prepared the next time someone fails to acknowledge one of your accomplishments.

Someone should print each of these ramblings out and assemble them into a coffee table book..or more appropriately, a bathroom book. New York Times #1 Best-Seller in the making.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
doug-armstrong.jpg

GM Doug: Hmm.
daniel-and-henrik-sedin-are-retiring-after-this-season-image-canucks-youtube_1917529.jpg

Sedins: What are you doing boss?
GM Doug: I am thinking. I am deep in thought.
Sedins: Oh, what about?
GM Doug: Do you both always say the same thing at the same time?
Sedins: Sorry.
Daniel: Our bad.
Henrik: What are you thinking about?
GM Doug: Do I select a backup that is pretty docile and easygoing to make life easy with Patrick or do I pick someone as difficult as he is to give him a taste of his own medicine?
Daniel: Might the difficult one not also be difficult for you?
GM Doug: Maybe. Small price to pay though.
Henrik: I think a calm and easygoing guy is a better vibe.
Daniel: Yes, me too.
GM Doug: But when this guy's coach accused him of having a beer belly, he said "Just goes to show you what he knows. I only drink Johnnie Walker Red." That's funny stuff. And then when asked what team gave him the most trouble, he said his own. This is just the kind of smart alec Roy needs to deal with.
Daniel: Sounds like a bad idea.
GM Doug: This guy didn't even wear a mask. He was just about the last NHL goalie not to.
Henrik: I think he has issues.
GM Doug: Plus he has two Vezinas, a Calder and four Cups. The nice guy has none of those. You've both talked me into it - the difficult one it is.
Sedins: We didn't suggest this. In fact we are against it.

GM Doug: The Chimpanzees are pleased to select G Gump Worsley.

c4ba945ee1800a7cc67be4783b285c89.jpg

tenor.gif

@Captain Dave Poulin , you're up.

Sedins: This seems like a horrible idea.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I already have Uniqlo, which I picked as a Dealer's Choice, for clothing, and Adidas Gazelles for shoes. I'm going to pick up an apparel supplier who supplied the shoes for my film franchise, "Kill Bill," and most importantly, a company I can trust to manufacture kick-ass track jackets, which we will wear all the time, and kick-ass t-shirts, and we'll figure out the hockey blouses later.

06-28-51am_05-04-2019-onitsuka.png

onitsuka-tiger-mexico-66.jpg

8OPCweR.jpg

Team Apparel Provider - Onitsuka Tiger

@DancingPanther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad