NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Me being up on a weekend and making everyone wait because i'm drunk

9274cd62-cd7f-49ec-b34b-438d3271e982_text.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There's nothing like a draft where no one ever drafts anyone.

giphy.gif

Drunk bastard @Rebels57 is still on the clock until like 4:30. Hopefully he can process brunch and his hangover by then. @GKJ is on deck. @Lord Defect is at the bottom in every single way, sitting on two picks and planning to somehow make this all worse.

I'm watching this Chinese series called ... "Yes, I Do," maybe. Chinese to English is an impossible transition, but it's basically just another "Heart Signal," which rules. It hasn't been super exciting or anything yet, but the studio panel is very entertaining, and it's just nice to have it around. The one bad thing with these Chinese shows is that it reminds me that China is the way it is. I LOVE Chinese ladies, and by my calculations, since there are more than 1.4 billion Chinese, and around 48% of those are Chinese ladies, there are like ... 700 million Chinese ladies around. Not only that, but a lot of them are single, because just like in most countries, Chinese ladies work now, and that leads to ladies being single longer, which is awesome. But China has all the communism and plagues and snakes and whatnot, so those 700 million Chinese ladies are difficult to get to. What a waste.

I hope we get some picks today, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good news, i'm not too hungover since I did most of my Saturday boozing during the day at this country club (was there for a surprise party for my wifes coworker). It had a digital beer wall.

20220806_141020.jpg

The FOG will keep it simple here and select DAVID JIRICEK as our 1st FUTUREHEAD pick. I look forward to David making the Flyers look stupid and becoming a 1RD for the next decade.

Jiricek-David.jpg

@GKJ you up

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Q: What did the woodpecker say to the woodpicker?

A: "PICK SOMETHING, FOR F***'S SAKE!"

woody-woodpecker-twerk.gif

We start the day with @GKJ still on the clock for another hour and a half. @Lord Defect is on deck with a pair of misguided and f***ed ideas which will just waste more time. Then it's back to GKJ, then @Rebels57, then Hurricane. It's understandable that this is happening now, since we just re-started, but remember that we are on a six-hour clock as of the second round, so keep an eye on it in case I am AFK for a while.

I had a dream last night that I was in that Chinese dating show, but in a different house with some different people. One of the girls was from the university in Thailand, two I don't remember, and one was a combination of my all-time favorite from the Korean "Heart Signal" and someone important from real life. She is the one I was flirting with, but of course she had a lame boyfriend (the dream didn't follow the rules of the show, the bastard). We had a party and there was a typical dream time lapse - when it cleared up, one of the Chinese guys was berating me for getting too wasted and embarrassing him because I couldn't remember the name of his work colleague, who was a guest at the party. Everyone was kind of looking at me, intervention-style, and I apologized. Someone asked me if I ate dinner, and I said "No," then someone else said "Yes you did." F***'s sake. Then my favorite's boyfriend left, and I sincerely said goodbye to him - my exact words were, quote, "Bye, Wong" - and I prepared to resume my flirting. I was just too hammered, and everyone was still kind of looking at me, so I left the room and went downstairs, secretly hoping she would come down to check on me.

Then, of course, the me character had to pee, and the whole scene dissolved to real life with me lying there needing to pee. F***.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It’s nice to be back
Without further ado, The Stay Pufts would like to select our anthem singer and apparently anthem. Yes cap, the singers name rhymes with Barry Underwood.
Baby can you stand by your man, by Larry Underwood.

Second pick will take a little time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad