NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thanks to @ajgoal, I am now up. Courteous ajgoal! Tremendous ajgoal! Fluidic ajgoal!

The Mutineers are now selecting things.

We select, as ANTHEM SINGER:

Adriana Ferrarese

Adriana_Ferrarese_Kings_Theatre_1785.jpg

Adriana was a powerhouse opera singer with the widest range in Vienna at the height of opera. That's no slouch. Plus, her voice would be powerful enough to fill a concert hall while overpowering a full orchestra; she's got a diesel throat.

Mozart hated her. But he had to use her, she was too good to pass on. So, what to do? Spite her, that's what. She raised her chin on high notes and lowered her chin on low notes. So strictly for his own amusement, her character's feature song in one of his operas swings wildly from high to low notes, so that Mozart could laugh as she bobbed her head like a chicken.

I have an opportunity to pick an anthem that's absolutely perfect for a team of mutineers. I must pass, because in honor of Mozart I think it would be way more spiteful and bewildering to her if I selected something else. Thus, we transport Adriana from the 18th century just to sing powerhouse versions of our anthem, Whoomp! (There It Is). Mozart would be happy.

Now up is the sexcellent @BernieParent . Touching Bernie! Thrilling Bernie! Fluttering Bernie! Phobic Bernie!

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Thanks to @ajgoal, I am now up. Courteous ajgoal! Tremendous ajgoal! Fluidic ajgoal!

The Mutineers are now selecting things.

We select, as ANTHEM SINGER:

Adriana Ferrarese

Adriana_Ferrarese_Kings_Theatre_1785.jpg

Adriana was a powerhouse opera singer with the widest range in Vienna at the height of opera. That's no slouch. Plus, her voice would be powerful enough to fill a concert hall while overpowering a full orchestra; she's got a diesel throat.

Mozart hated her. But he had to use her, she was too good to pass on. So, what to do? Spite her, that's what. She raised her chin on high notes and lowered her chin on low notes. So strictly for his own amusement, her character's feature song in one of his operas swings wildly from high to low notes, so that Mozart could laugh as she bobbed her head like a chicken.

I have an opportunity to pick an anthem that's absolutely perfect for a team of mutineers. I must pass, because in honor of Mozart I think it would be way more spiteful and bewildering to her if I selected something else. Thus, we transport Adriana from the 18th century just to sing powerhouse versions of our anthem, Whoomp! (There It Is). Mozart would be happy.

Now up is the sexcellent @BernieParent . Touching Bernie! Thrilling Bernie! Fluttering Bernie! Phobic Bernie!

Love the pick but I think you're getting your Bernie's mixed up

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Love the pick but I think you're getting your Bernie's mixed up
Oh, I think @Beef Invictus nailed it with phobic. I'm not coming out of this round without PTSD, that's for sure.

Hmm, my lack of preparation for this round is already telling. And when you don't know what you are doing, we all know what to do from the Flyers' FO; take the most obvious path of least resistance. Thus, I will reselect my 1st round draft pick from this board's hallowed mock draft -- thank you Undie Carrywood! -- and add RW Jimmy Snuggerud to our Futurehead lineup.

One dead certainty is that the next selection by @JojoTheWhale will make mine look like a complete disaster. You know, like the Flyers.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
There's some good chalk available, but that's no fun. Stop me if you've heard this before. Often rated as a 1st rounder by models and the Draft Twitter community, Futurehead Gleb Trikozov fell all the way to #60 before being snagged by M.A.D. Cats GM Eric Tulsky's other organization.

Most importantly, not enough people are named Gleb. Once his existence was confirmed, we could not reasonably be expected to continue Gleb-free. Also, he plays hockey.

Only a month off from being eligible for the 2023 Draft, Trikozov dominated the MHL playoffs despite getting 3rd line ice time. Trikozov's time in the MHL saw him produce at rates similar to a certain Desert Duck countryman. Although being a high danger passing factory is probably his strongest suit, he also does things like this:

@Asnito There are no Glebs left to select. I am bereft for you.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
That escalated quickly
We found out this morning they were hearing offers 4 hours after our scheduled showing...so yeah it's been f***ing hell of a day. We wanted the experience of actually putting an offer in, so we got creative and offered only $6,000 more than asking but with a whole bunch of clauses that will make this family (who is currently looking for a house now and contingently selling this house on finding a new one) more keen on our offer. Cover some closing, and also a good faith deposit of $5000 on a 60 day grace period.

It's not a blnk check type of offer but this isn't really a blank check type of house. So we went with less dollar signs and more sneaky good maneuverability. So we'll see... if we miss out it's fine since we probably low balled on dollars but again- we didn't want to pay too much over asking for this one

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
In a hurry so I'm going to select the last stiff drafted, Ivan Zhigalov.

@Young Sandwich your turn to make a pick but show us your trout pics first

@Young Sandwich your turn to make a pick but show us your trout pics first.

That was an automerge so I don't know if the tag went through.
You. Suck. I was going to take the last 5 players picked in the draft.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Asnito and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad