NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Above ground conduit into the house. I mean...that's not uncommon in older houses. Is there something that would clue you in to that being done poorly or dangerously? What should I look for
How is it run? Along the facade? Is it on hangers? check the number of hangers. Look for cracks or breaks in the conduit. Count the number of bends, IIRC you're only allowed 360 degrees of turns in a single conduit run. Is it in a place that could conceivably be the focal point of an impact?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Feed into the house has no impact on the wiring inside. Knob and tube can be hard to detect since the wiring is usually well-hidden away (the things I highlighted from my house notwithstanding). As our home inspector said, you can't be 100% certain without opening it up what's in there.

And yeah, PVC piping is pretty standard today to my knowledge. I'm no plumbing expert plus I'm an old house so I'm copper in most places though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Huge f***ing no. I would already put an offer down. I loved it. If not for the mold we found along with the wet spots in the basement corner in a tiny closet where the electrical box is, along with accompanying new paint job near it outside the closet door in the main part of the basement. And the ants. And the fact that the owners said they didn't have a water softener on the disclosure, but actually did?? And they replaced the roof in 2 separate installments 10 years apart? And they said there were no pest problems despite setting ant traps? And saying there was no water/mold issues? Did they just not go into the basement in 2 years? Wat

Here's an actual Real Fake Door. They patched a door and put a window in
View attachment 574973

And here if we get a washer and dryer even 1/4" longer, the bathroom door won't shut
View attachment 574974

Um...
View attachment 574975View attachment 574976View attachment 574977
Our door to our backyard (in the laundry room) clears the dryer by like the thinnest of margins.

Kinda lucked out there because I ordered a new washer and dryer when we moved in without measuring. Oops.

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
Huge f***ing no. I would already put an offer down. I loved it. If not for the mold we found along with the wet spots in the basement corner in a tiny closet where the electrical box is, along with accompanying new paint job near it outside the closet door in the main part of the basement. And the ants. And the fact that the owners said they didn't have a water softener on the disclosure, but actually did?? And they replaced the roof in 2 separate installments 10 years apart? And they said there were no pest problems despite setting ant traps? And saying there was no water/mold issues? Did they just not go into the basement in 2 years? Wat

Um...
View attachment 574975

That doesn't look like Romex. is that just com wire for telephone or whatnot?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Possibly, though I think PEX is the go to for new construction.

You really want lead pipes though.
PVC is drainage, cpvc is what came between copper and pex. Pex isn’t bad if sunlight doesn’t reach it, that’ll turn it brittle as hell.
I’ve been out of the plumbing game for a while but at the time, and I still think it’s the same, only copper water lines can be ran underground for residential. For underground drainage I believe has to be terracotta(old and outdated) or cast iron. PVC only for the vent.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Ghibli approached this Futurehead pick seeking 2 essential qualities.

#1: this player must have legitimate top 6/pair upside.

And #2: this player must f***......respectfully.

The Honolulu Ghibli, done with summer vacation, announce as our 2022 Futurehead: Jagger Firkus (W)

scut-farkus-fake-crying-laughing-christmas-story-bully.gif

Firk needs more power in his stride, and he has a lot of physical development to go, but that's all upside, as we see it. His puck handling and shot-pass versatility are without question among the best in the draft. He looks like a natural PP half-wall QB. Jagger has the talent and moxie to cut into and through the middle of the ice -- every 1-on-1 feels like he's at the advantage, and he'll fight and slither his way through contact, despite his slim build. But Firkus' best attributes are his timing, misdirection, and ingenuity. That shit plays going up levels. Getting within a defenders' reach before initiating your move is one of the most difficult skills in the game, and Jagger has a preternatural calm in those tight window situations.

Here comes the pick of the @Hurricane28, the man the authorities came to blame, for somethin' that he never done.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

View attachment 574973

And here if we get a washer and dryer even 1/4" longer, the bathroom door won't shut
View attachment 574974

Um...
View attachment 574975View attachment 574976View attachment 574977

Hard pass.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
PVC is drainage, cpvc is what came between copper and pex. Pex isn’t bad if sunlight doesn’t reach it, that’ll turn it brittle as hell.
I’ve been out of the plumbing game for a while but at the time, and I still think it’s the same, only copper water lines can be ran underground for residential. For underground drainage I believe has to be terracotta(old and outdated) or cast iron. PVC only for the vent.

My friend who was a plumber worked for a company that had a couple guys who spent all their time replacing the PEX in homes where they did let the sunlight get it. My friend loved PEX, and I'd be cool with it if I could trust the install. But buying a home where I know nothing of the competence of the builders, I could never risk it

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Where is the main water service line usually located? Also, this was a mix of copper and pvc according to the disclosure. Is a mix worth being worried about?

Mixed substances can create issues, but if it's just the sink/faucet components being hooked to copper I think that's fine?

In every house I've checked out the main service line tends to be near the water heater. It'll come in through a wall or the floor. It won't be the big fat drain pipe, but will look like a regular pipe. I can't remember if they're 3/4" or 1"

Oh, neat idea, get a water pressure gauge and hook it up to a hose bib to check pressure. Make sure pressure isn't above 85psi. If it's above that, then the pressure regulator likely failed and it will slowly kill all your appliances and seals. Water off the main is 110-120 psi.

Most home inspections don't do this, I think, but it's really worth knowing. You never know if someone decided they wanted great water pressure and set their shit to be wide open.

Last edited:

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015
@DancingPanther you should take a look at this one. It's open on Sunday:

Sure, we probably all need to pitch in on the mortgage...

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Ghibli approached this Futurehead pick seeking 2 essential qualities.

#1: this player must have legitimate top 6/pair upside.

And #2: this player must f***......respectfully.

The Honolulu Ghibli, done with summer vacation, announce as our 2022 Futurehead: Jagger Firkus (W)

scut-farkus-fake-crying-laughing-christmas-story-bully.gif

Firk needs more power in his stride, and he has a lot of physical development to go, but that's all upside, as we see it. His puck handling and shot-pass versatility are without question among the best in the draft. He looks like a natural PP half-wall QB. Jagger has the talent and moxie to cut into and through the middle of the ice -- every 1-on-1 feels like he's at the advantage, and he'll fight and slither his way through contact, despite his slim build. But Firkus' best attributes are his timing, misdirection, and ingenuity. That shit plays going up levels. Getting within a defenders' reach before initiating your move is one of the most difficult skills in the game, and Jagger has a preternatural calm in those tight window situations.

Here comes the pick of the @Hurricane28, the man the authorities came to blame, for somethin' that he never done.

This is who I thought you were nudging me to take. Was I wrong or did you just slap me in the face?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is who I thought you were nudging me to take. Was I wrong or did you just slap me in the face?

When I was selecting Firk, I thought maybe he would be on your radar as a mustached sex god. But no, this is not who I was nudging you towards. :laugh:

Let’s just say it has to do with the face, but it’s not a slap.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Get fresh down there, stay fresh down there.

200w.gif

@Hurricane28 is still on the clock until 4:41 p.m. @Rebels57 is on deck down there at the bottom of the order where he seems to enjoy being. @GKJ is on the lido deck, just ahead of the drooling idiot Lord Defect.

It's Match Day 1, so instead of my usually gibberish, enjoy this beautiful masterpiece.

OH NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad