NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
She's a dime, but Briere isn't mine to trade anymore. A true gentleman never reneges on a handshake agreement.
I respect a man of integrity, but the league office is going to nix the deal.
the-sting-paul-newman.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Things in China have started out pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty well. It's fresh.

anime-thumbs-up.gif

I think we are all caught up now, but there is one request I have, since we were all over the place this phase, and I am always all over the place:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR LISTS IN THE SPREADSHEET AND TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS MISSING, AND TELL ME WHAT TO PUT IN THE EMPTY BOX.

We will probably have to revisit this a few times, but that's fine. Here is what I am thinking.

* Striiker, mja and MacGruber don't have to protect anyone - as expansion teams, they already had limited choices, so their rosters will be off-limit for Toe. Does that sound OK? I would have proposed it myself originally, but I didn't think of it.

* The rest of us will hand in our PLAYERS TO KEEP as we have been doing, according to the thing I am posting again below.

* I f***ed up the defensemen part of this - we should only be protecting three pairs of D. So anyone who hasn't given me their list yet, you'll have to tell me which of the pairs you want to DE-PROTECT, you know what I mean? It can be any of the four pairs, Current or Legend.

* Let's just do this first and then we can decide how many players Toe can take from each franchise. Maybe we say he can only take one Current F, one Legend F, one Current D, one Legend D, and one goalie from each franchise. Let's take the day today to figure that out.

* With that in mind, I think the original spreadsheet is mostly OK - I am pretty sure when I moved the players around I kept them with the person who drafted them. We can rearrange them afterwards.

* The reason I bring that up is that it seems like people want to keep the full roster (meaning four lines of CURRENT PLAYERS, four lines of LEGENDS, two pair of CURRENT AND LEGEND D, and two goalies from each. Once we determine how many Toe can take from each of us, we will have to fill in our gaps (phrasing), and we'll have to figure out how to do that. Maybe with clones? I don't know - we'll have to figure that out. I do think using the clones would be easiest, but let's see what people think.

There are probably more things to figure out - just bring it up and we'll deal with it.

Do it like this with players you want to KEEP:

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
LW Name
C Name
RW Name
Line 2
LW Name
C Name
RW Name

CURRENT D
Pair 1
LD Name
RD Name
Pair 2
LD Name
RD Name

CURRENT G
Name

Then do the same for the Legends. We are only protecting THREE PAIRS OF D, which means 2 CURRENT and 1 LEGEND or 2 LEGEND and 1 CURRENT.

I just thought of something else. We could also take the players from the past two Entry Drafts and keep five of them total from between the two. So like you could keep three from one draft and two from another, or four from one and one from another, etc. Just choose to save five from your lists on the Future/Clones tab. (We will leave the clones alone - there is plenty for them to pick from there.)

Don't worry about this for now - we'll do that after they take players from Currents and Legends.
@CanadianFlyer88 this is what Cap was talking about

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@CanadianFlyer88 this is what Cap was talking about

Yosh, thank you. @CanadianFlyer88 we are going to leave some unprotected players for Biff, Asnito and Toe to choose from and make full rosters. So make a keeper list according to that thing he quoted above. We haven't decided how many players we can each have poached yet, but we'll address that later. The whole day got hijacked by defective brain puke, so we'll have to try again tomorrow. Also, next time you are in the mod room, kick the bong out of GKJ's fist and tell him to make his keeper picks.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Seattle Sockeyes keepers:

Current forward line #1
Huberdeau-Eichel-Stamkos

Current forward line #2
Kuznetzov-Kyrou-Batherson

Current D pair #1
Dahlin-Letang

Current G
Hart

Legends forward line #1
Kharlamov-Beliveau-Bossy

Legends forward line #2 (ugh, this sucks; these were carefully crafted)
Leclair-Lalonde-Larionov

Legends D pair #1
Robinson-Harvey

Legends D pair #2
Langway-Foyston

Legends G
Holmes

*** I think I read that correctly, but let me know if I screwed something up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Seattle Sockeyes keepers:

Current forward line #1
Huberdeau-Eichel-Stamkos

Current forward line #2
Kuznetzov-Kyrou-Batherson

Current D pair #1
Dahlin-Letang

Current G
Hart

Legends forward line #1
Kharlamov-Beliveau-Bossy

Legends forward line #2 (ugh, this sucks; these were carefully crafted)
Leclair-Lalonde-Larionov

Legends D pair #1
Robinson-Harvey

Legends D pair #2
Langway-Foyston

Legends G
Holmes

*** I think I read that correctly, but let me know if I screwed something up.

All good, sank you.

Reactions: ajgoal and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It’s the same thing. We had a Cricut and a Silhouette for some reason years ago. Gave the Cricut to my sister in law because we preferred the Silhouette.
Don't get me started in the Cricut stuff. We have 3,000 rolls of differently coloured plastic paper all over our kitchen for Mrs. Parent and our daughter's designs. Ughhh!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have a feeling that @GKJ is going to come in here and say, quote, "Huh?"

giphy.gif

I will give you a preview of the HISTORIC PHASE 20! categories soon-ish, but I don't want to muddy the waters right now while there is still some confusion wafting about. Here is what we have to decide collectively today:

1. How many players can each franchise lose in the expansion draft?

2. What do we do with the players from the defunct/sleeping franchises?

3. How do we get Ghost to Striiker?

1. I don't have a strong opinion about this, and there are others who hate the sport so much right now that they don't care, either. And Chuck only protected two people, which I think was wise, since his roster is nightmare fuel. On the other hand, there are people who very much care about keeping their rosters as intact as possible - I think we should do this so they are able to keep as many as possible, so I would especially like to hear from them on what we should do.

2. I think we should probably allow the expansion franchises to poach as many of those players from defunct franchises as they want, and I think Cannon feels the same, but I am open to suggestion on that.

3. We need to get Ghost to Striiker for one reason - #Lore. Ghost is currently with the defunct Surge. I think we leave it alone for now and see if anyone drafts him with the foreknowledge that they will be trading him to Striiker for someone or something afterwards. This does not mean that the TRADE FREEZE is over. Once the freeze thaws, the next person who tries to make their own trade without going through the league office is going to get such a f***ing slap.

We can figure out later how to re-fill the gaping holes (phrasing) that the draft creates, but I think we can solve that easily. After the expansion draft, we can go in the order that each person lost a player. So if someone snipes one of my guys first overall in the expansion draft, I would go first later in the replacement draft. And so on. We'll have to remember to tell the expansion franchises to post who they are taking the player from when they take a player so I can easily keep track of it.

Any other issues, just bring them up today so we can get going. The one guy in China is so, SO f***ing obnoxious. That's my issue.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
3. How do we get Ghost to Striiker?

3. We need to get Ghost to Striiker for one reason - #Lore. Ghost is currently with the defunct Surge. I think we leave it alone for now and see if anyone drafts him with the foreknowledge that they will be trading him to Striiker for someone or something afterwards. This does not mean that the TRADE FREEZE is over. Once the freeze thaws, the next person who tries to make their own trade without going through the league office is going to get such a f***ing slap.
d88c2e07c64b8bcc58579762ffe00b7e.png

awwwwww f*** yeah, bring him home

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
2. I think we should probably allow the expansion franchises to poach as many of those players from defunct franchises as they want, and I think Cannon feels the same, but I am open to suggestion on that.
HC does not feel the same way. HC has been planning a move to get one of these defunct franchise players for 15 phases now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well. What should we do?
@BigToe On a scale of 1/10 how important is having a hockey team of "good" players to you as you enter the Quackverse?

Keep in mind that in the Quackverse having hockey players that are deemed good on Earth Prime may not translate the same to the New World. Bad hockey players may be good. Good ones may be bad. We just can't know.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I think defunct franchises should be ripe for the pillaging and if a new franchise takes a player you want, be prepared to pony up in a trade. There's no reason to protect teams that are no longer maintained.

I think current franchises should be capped at losing 3 players (1 player for each new team).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think defunct franchises should be ripe for the pillaging and if a new franchise takes a player you want, be prepared to pony up in a trade. There's no reason to protect teams that are no longer maintained.

I think current franchises should be capped at losing 3 players (1 player for each new team).

I like these ideas. @Hollywood Cannon ?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I like these ideas. @Hollywood Cannon ?
My issue lies here with the fact that these "new" teams will border on having more options than we even had as original franchises. There's five defunct franchises of which most have done all of the player picks and then all of the players that we have to leave exposed so that's a very very large pool.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My issue lies here with the fact that these "new" teams will border on having more options than we even had as original franchises. There's five defunct franchises of which most have done all of the player picks and then all of the players that we have to leave exposed so that's a very very large pool.

Well, we have to do something.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well, we have to do something.
Do we though?

Let the "new" teams build from current and legend available players (never selected). They select one full lineup and that's that.

They don't get a Legends team because they are newcomers to the Quackverse. They did not see the light as we all did from the beginning. They are converted. We are pure.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Do we though?

Let the "new" teams build from current and legend available players (never selected). They select one full lineup and that's that.

They don't get a Legends team because they are newcomers to the Quackverse. They did not see the light as we all did from the beginning. They are converted. We are pure.

That seems unnecessarily harsh lol

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
@BigToe On a scale of 1/10 how important is having a hockey team of "good" players to you as you enter the Quackverse?

Keep in mind that in the Quackverse having hockey players that are deemed good on Earth Prime may not translate the same to the New World. Bad hockey players may be good. Good ones may be bad. We just can't know.
Kevin Hayes sucks in every conceivable universe and dimension.
1663252785645.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's also harsh to the people that have put time and effort into every pick (ala what Magua said). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I would like to point out that you and I have done a 180 on expansion stances and I find that amusing.

I'm trying to refine the expansion parameters, and you are trying to throw them out :laugh: That is f***ed. We have to get it done so we can move forward.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Rather than do an expansion draft, we could also just do "relocation" of hockey players. For example, Beef takes over the Surge and moves them to Anti-Calgary. If someone wants to take a partially built defunct franchise, they can pull from existing players not yet taken. In both cases managers can drop players from their relocated team and pick from the existing unclaimed pool if desired.

That way no one loses any players but new teams get a full roster and some flexibility.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm trying to refine the expansion parameters, and you are trying to throw them out :laugh: That is f***ed. We have to get it done so we can move forward.
The last time we did expansion we were allowed to have what? One player total taken or something like that?

That was obviously very early on in this whole thing so it's quite different now.

You have my permission to do what you think is best as you're really the one that runs the show and has to deal with everything but my only point is that the people that have spent hours at this thing shouldn't have to face a large scale upheaval of what they've put together for people that came in later.

Poll the newbies and see what they think is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad