NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Things in China have started out pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty well. It's fresh.

anime-thumbs-up.gif

I think we are all caught up now, but there is one request I have, since we were all over the place this phase, and I am always all over the place:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR LISTS IN THE SPREADSHEET AND TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS MISSING, AND TELL ME WHAT TO PUT IN THE EMPTY BOX.

We will probably have to revisit this a few times, but that's fine. Here is what I am thinking.

* Striiker, mja and MacGruber don't have to protect anyone - as expansion teams, they already had limited choices, so their rosters will be off-limit for Toe. Does that sound OK? I would have proposed it myself originally, but I didn't think of it.

* The rest of us will hand in our PLAYERS TO KEEP as we have been doing, according to the thing I am posting again below.

* I f***ed up the defensemen part of this - we should only be protecting three pairs of D. So anyone who hasn't given me their list yet, you'll have to tell me which of the pairs you want to DE-PROTECT, you know what I mean? It can be any of the four pairs, Current or Legend.

* Let's just do this first and then we can decide how many players Toe can take from each franchise. Maybe we say he can only take one Current F, one Legend F, one Current D, one Legend D, and one goalie from each franchise. Let's take the day today to figure that out.

* With that in mind, I think the original spreadsheet is mostly OK - I am pretty sure when I moved the players around I kept them with the person who drafted them. We can rearrange them afterwards.

* The reason I bring that up is that it seems like people want to keep the full roster (meaning four lines of CURRENT PLAYERS, four lines of LEGENDS, two pair of CURRENT AND LEGEND D, and two goalies from each. Once we determine how many Toe can take from each of us, we will have to fill in our gaps (phrasing), and we'll have to figure out how to do that. Maybe with clones? I don't know - we'll have to figure that out. I do think using the clones would be easiest, but let's see what people think.

There are probably more things to figure out - just bring it up and we'll deal with it.

*****************************************************************************************************

Do it like this with players you want to KEEP:

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
LW Name
C Name
RW Name
Line 2
LW Name
C Name
RW Name

CURRENT D
Pair 1
LD Name
RD Name
Pair 2
LD Name
RD Name

CURRENT G
Name

Then do the same for the Legends. We are only protecting THREE PAIRS OF D, which means 2 CURRENT and 1 LEGEND or 2 LEGEND and 1 CURRENT.

I just thought of something else. We could also take the players from the past two Entry Drafts and keep five of them total from between the two. So like you could keep three from one draft and two from another, or four from one and one from another, etc. Just choose to save five from your lists on the Future/Clones tab. (We will leave the clones alone - there is plenty for them to pick from there.)

Don't worry about this for now - we'll do that after they take players from Currents and Legends.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Things in China have started out pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty well. It's fresh.

anime-thumbs-up.gif

I think we are all caught up now, but there is one request I have, since we were all over the place this phase, and I am always all over the place:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR LISTS IN THE SPREADSHEET AND TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS MISSING, AND TELL ME WHAT TO PUT IN THE EMPTY BOX.

We will probably have to revisit this a few times, but that's fine. Here is what I am thinking.

* Striiker, mja and MacGruber don't have to protect anyone - as expansion teams, they already had limited choices, so their rosters will be off-limit for Toe. Does that sound OK? I would have proposed it myself originally, but I didn't think of it.

* The rest of us will hand in our PLAYERS TO KEEP as we have been doing, according to the thing I am posting again below.

* I f***ed up the defensemen part of this - we should only be protecting three pairs of D. So anyone who hasn't given me their list yet, you'll have to tell me which of the pairs you want to DE-PROTECT, you know what I mean? It can be any of the four pairs, Current or Legend.

* Let's just do this first and then we can decide how many players Toe can take from each franchise. Maybe we say he can only take one Current F, one Legend F, one Current D, one Legend D, and one goalie from each franchise. Let's take the day today to figure that out.

* With that in mind, I think the original spreadsheet is mostly OK - I am pretty sure when I moved the players around I kept them with the person who drafted them. We can rearrange them afterwards.

* The reason I bring that up is that it seems like people want to keep the full roster (meaning four lines of CURRENT PLAYERS, four lines of LEGENDS, two pair of CURRENT AND LEGEND D, and two goalies from each. Once we determine how many Toe can take from each of us, we will have to fill in our gaps (phrasing), and we'll have to figure out how to do that. Maybe with clones? I don't know - we'll have to figure that out. I do think using the clones would be easiest, but let's see what people think.

There are probably more things to figure out - just bring it up and we'll deal with it.

*****************************************************************************************************

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
LW Name
C Name
RW Name
Line 2
LW Name
C Name
RW Name

CURRENT D
Pair 1
LD Name
RD Name
Pair 2
LD Name
RD Name

CURRENT G
Name

Then do the same for the Legends. We are only protecting THREE PAIRS OF D, which means 2 CURRENT and 1 LEGEND or 2 LEGEND and 1 CURRENT.

I just thought of something else. We could also take the players from the past two Entry Drafts and keep five of them total from between the two. So like you could keep three from one draft and two from another, or four from one and one from another, etc. Just choose to save five from your lists on the Future/Clones tab. (We will leave the clones alone - there is plenty for them to pick from there.)

Don't worry about this for now - we'll do that after they take players from Currents and Legends.
Just go back to my original list. I'll look a bit later if you need me to verify the extra two I kept.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Does it have to be an actual pair or can we DE-PROTECT one Current D and one Legend D? It seems like it would be ok that way if we're going to fill in the gaps eventually anyway.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

anime-thumbs-up.gif

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
LW Name
C Name
RW Name
Line 2
LW Name
C Name
RW Name

CURRENT D
Pair 1
LD Name
RD Name
Pair 2
LD Name
RD Name

CURRENT G
Name

Do we even need hockey players?

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG Protected List

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
KIRILL KAPRIZOV
ROOPE HINTZ
MITCH MARNER

Line 2
TYSON FOERSTER
COLE PERFETTI
COLE CAUFIELD

CURRENT D

Pair 1
VICTOR HEDMAN
ARTEM ZUB

CURRENT G
ILYA SOROKIN

FOG Protected Legends List

LEGEND FORWARDS
Line 1
HILARY KNIGHT
MIKE MODANO
GORDIE HOWE

Line 2
HOBEY BAKER
RICK MACLEISH
DALE HAWERCHUK

LEGEND D

Pair 1
BRIAN LEETCH
TOM BLADON
Pair 2
SANDIS OZOLINSH
DERIAN HATCHER

LEGEND G

PELLE LINDBERGH

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
B3F9F43B-B95D-4685-A285-88977EE71B9A.jpeg

I have the distinct pleasure to announce the first trade in both the Stay Pufts and Sexpos history. After hours of negotiations, and many moving parts, we have come to a fantastic agreement.

Going to the Sexpos will be Rod the Bod Brindamour(coach), Paul Holmgren(GM), Team Choice 1(Team Lair/HQ/Base), and Team Choice 2(Team Mythological Creature). In return the Stay Pufts will receive Bruce Boudreau (coach), Danny motherf***ing Briere(GM), Team Choice 1 (Team Chef), and Team Choice 2 (Olympic Athlete).

Each and every moving piece of this trade is vital to the happiness of the franchise owners.
E6CC5061-E9F5-4B23-AA40-52D62FD10E24.jpeg

Welcome home Danny.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
View attachment 584558
I have the distinct pleasure to announce the first trade in both the Stay Pufts and Sexpos history. After hours of negotiations, and many moving parts, we have come to a fantastic agreement.

Going to the Sexpos will be Rod the Bod Brindamour(coach), Paul Holmgren(GM), Team Choice 1(Team Lair/HQ/Base), and Team Choice 2(Team Mythological Creature). In return the Stay Pufts will receive Bruce Boudreau (coach), Danny motherf***ing Briere(GM), Team Choice 1 (Team Chef), and Team Choice 2 (Olympic Athlete).

Each and every moving piece of this trade is vital to the happiness of the franchise owners.
View attachment 584559

Welcome home Danny.

giphy.gif

We would like to thank both Danny and Bruce for their obedient service to the Sexpos. We apologize for essentially throwing you in a burning dumpster full of hair and breast-fed-baby diapers. Godspeed.

Rod was born to be a Sexpo. Look at this man. Also his name is Rod for f***'s sake.

GettyImages-653961278-671x1024.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wait, why did you guys trade friggin category selections?

This is why trades go through a league office :laugh: They would have heard about the trade freeze in place until after the expansion draft. No harm in agreeing to terms beforehand, of course ...

AS LONG AS YOU GO THROUGH LEAGUE CHANNELS FIRST!

Anyway, you are in charge.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
Filip Forsberg
Connor McDavid
Andrei Svechnikov

Line 2
Travis Konecny
Trevor Zegras
Seth Jarvis

CURRENT D
Pair 1
Adam Pelech
Aaron Ekblad

Pair 2
Neil Pionk
Erik Karlsson

CURRENT G
Connor Hellebuyck

LEGEND FORWARDS

Line 1
Brendan Shanahan
Bryan Trottier
Teemu Selanne

Line 2
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Mark Recchi

LEGEND D
Pair 1
Dennis Potvin
Larry Murphy

LEGEND G
Patrick Roy

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It looks like the only lineups I still need are @CanadianFlyer88 , @Chuck Downie and @GKJ of course.

Plus anyone who gave me four D pairs has to cut one of them. Sorry for being flaky.

I'll let @Lord Defect address that one. :laugh:

You should be docked thousands of Quackverse Euros for letting that numbskull announce the f***ing thing. I don't know if you noticed, but it didn't make any f***ing sense.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Wait, why did you guys trade friggin category selections?
We at the stay Pufts feel the idea of having the idea of picking a team Olympian fit our organization better than mythological creature. Concessions were made, we were forced to take briere in return. The Sexpos definitely took advantage of us on that one but Olympian was high on our list of needs to maintain a champion mentality.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

CURRENT FORWARDS
Line 1
LW - Gabriel Landeskog
C - Sidney Crosby
RW - Patrick Kane
Line 2
LW - Joe Thornton
C - Jean-Gabriel Pageau
RW - Wayne Simmonds

CURRENT D
Pair 1
LD - Mark Giordano
RD - Alex Pietrangelo
Pair 2
LD - Mattias Ekholm
RD - Josh Manson

CURRENT G
G - Shannon Szabados

LEGEND FORWARDS
Line 1
LW - Paul Henderson
C - Sid Abel
RW - George Armstrong
Line 2
LW - Henry Maracle
C - Cammi Granato
RW - Willie O'Ree

LEGEND D
Pair 1
LD - Doug Wilson
RD - Geraldine Heaney

LEGEND G
G - Ken Dryden
I am self-quoting my revised line-up with 3 D pairings.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We at the stay Pufts feel the idea of having the idea of picking a team Olympian fit our organization better than mythological creature. Concessions were made, we were forced to take briere in return. The Sexpos definitely took advantage of us on that one but Olympian was high on our list of needs to maintain a champion mentality.

We at the league office feel that your feelings are completely f***ed. Not sure how much paste you have eaten to come to the conclusion that you can just re-write categories and whatnot, but you are wrong.

I am self-quoting my revised line-up with 3 D pairings.

Thank you as always for being a normal human being.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We at the league office feel that your feelings are completely f***ed. Not sure how much paste you have eaten to come to the conclusion that you can just re-write categories and whatnot, but you are wrong.

Thank you as always for being a normal human being.
He's not re-writing categories. He's just saying that his organization is the brains behind the Team Olympian now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad