NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

You kids and your crazy slang. I can't keep up with it all.

Wait, they were drafted as they stood on draft day, weren't they? Because I couldn't take Lundqvist.

I think this is one of those things that HC and I disagree about and always causes confusion, and my memory is dogshit, so I am open to suggestion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And now, the house story

Girl and I as you guys know have been losing to cash for about 6 weeks. Three 2nd place finishes and a 3rd place. We've been looking in the $300k range and watching those houses go for $320-340k cash offers extended by empty nesting, downsizing boomers who have that saved up and/or just sold their house. Around here this translates to 1970s era, recently and nicely updated with new bathrooms and kitchens, usually with a nice lower level with a wood burning stove.

So we decided to bump up our price range to the $350k range. These houses are not split level and instead are moderately sized 2 story houses constructed in this century (typically). We figured since the houses we were seeing went for almost this amount anyway, why not. But most importantly, we could dodge the boomer cash demographic.

We found a listing at $350k and loved it. Offered $370k for it (2 houses in the neighborhood have gone for $360k and $380k this summer so we split the difference). We saw the house on Friday evening, and on Saturday evening found out there was still no offers on the house. We extended our offer Sunday AM after our mortgage guy got us the paperwork, and then a few hours later heard from our realtor that they were presenting offers that night.

That evening, our realtor said they were interested in negotiating.

Our offer: $370k, closing in 45 days, and offered them 2 additional months to stay in the house after closing, with them paying us back our mortgage.
Their counter: $370k, with a 30 day contingency period. If after 30 days they think they can or have found a house, we close 45 days after that. If not, then they can say jk lol we're not selling. Essentially, they're trying to strong arm what is likely a) their only offer and b) definitely their strongest since they're negotiating with us only a few hours after it came in. And they countered with what is a 30 day hostage period for us.
Our response: We're giving you $20k over listing. Go f*** yourself. Take it or leave it

10 minutes before they announced they would decide, the listing agent told our realtor they're taking the house off the market. So they wasted their realtor's time, and he was pissed. He also was probably saying they were crazy for not taking our offer, which also probably pissed him off. Our realtor tells us and is also pissed, "these people are outrageous"

I'm glad we stood our ground because it's obvious they were going to flake on the sale 30 days from now if we took their counter and cost us 30 house hunting days. Our intuition with the whole thing was right on point, from identifying the sheisty counter offer to correctly evaluating the next price bracket up would get us away from the cash boomer demographic. Girl is a savage: "I can't wait for those idiots to list their house again so we can offer $10k under listing" lol

This adventure is like a long flight to a tropical vacation. It's exciting and fun going to the airport and starting the journey and getting on the plane....but after 6 hours of sitting on the plane on your 9 hour flight, you're kind of sick of it and just want to get there. Excited, but want to just get there

There is nothing stopping you from waiting until those losers go on vacation, then climbing into their house through a ladder on the second story, caulking up every door and window, letting it dry, then cutting the pipes upstairs to fill the entire house with water after you've left and caulked up your entry window.

Nothing stopping you.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I think this is one of those things that HC and I disagree about and always causes confusion, and my memory is dogshit, so I am open to suggestion.
I believe the official stance was always “do what makes you happy.”

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There is nothing stopping you from waiting until those losers go on vacation, then climbing into their house through a ladder on the second story, caulking up every door and window, letting it dry, then cutting the pipes upstairs to fill the entire house with water after you've left and caulked up your entry window.

Nothing stopping you.
Someone else could do it for him… I’m not busy this weekend.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
HC despises this idea. Do with that information what you must.

This and @Magua's idea are fine, in general. I just have to figure out the best way to do this without giving me a headache.

One thing I can say is that we are DEFINITELY NOT exposing our top two lines of C and L and top three pairs (my original idea was to just keep three pairs of D total, but then I forgot, so I'll fix that). We are NOT going to let original members lose players from the very top of their lineup.

I'll work on it in the morning - I don't have enough energy now, plus I am distracted because I am about to go to China. We can keep talking about it, though.

I know we joke, but a lot of us put research into this, especially with legend players. And wrote detailed posts about them. I feel like there has to be a workaround to halving our teams and erasing things.

Yosh, I'm good with that. I'll edit this post in a minute.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This and @Magua's idea are fine, in general. I just have to figure out the best way to do this without giving me a headache.

One thing I can say is that we are DEFINITELY NOT exposing our top two lines of C and L and top three pairs (my original idea was to just keep three pairs of D total, but then I forgot, so I'll fix that). We are NOT going to let original members lose players from the very top of their lineup.

I'll work on it in the morning - I don't have enough energy now, plus I am distracted because I am about to go to China. We can keep talking about it, though.
I will ponder solutions. Here at the league office we don’t embrace excuses, we embrace solutions.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
And now, the house story

Girl and I as you guys know have been losing to cash for about 6 weeks. Three 2nd place finishes and a 3rd place. We've been looking in the $300k range and watching those houses go for $320-340k cash offers extended by empty nesting, downsizing boomers who have that saved up and/or just sold their house. Around here this translates to 1970s era, recently and nicely updated with new bathrooms and kitchens, usually with a nice lower level with a wood burning stove.

So we decided to bump up our price range to the $350k range. These houses are not split level and instead are moderately sized 2 story houses constructed in this century (typically). We figured since the houses we were seeing went for almost this amount anyway, why not. But most importantly, we could dodge the boomer cash demographic.

We found a listing at $350k and loved it. Offered $370k for it (2 houses in the neighborhood have gone for $360k and $380k this summer so we split the difference). We saw the house on Friday evening, and on Saturday evening found out there was still no offers on the house. We extended our offer Sunday AM after our mortgage guy got us the paperwork, and then a few hours later heard from our realtor that they were presenting offers that night.

That evening, our realtor said they were interested in negotiating.

Our offer: $370k, closing in 45 days, and offered them 2 additional months to stay in the house after closing, with them paying us back our mortgage.
Their counter: $370k, with a 30 day contingency period. If after 30 days they think they can or have found a house, we close 45 days after that. If not, then they can say jk lol we're not selling. Essentially, they're trying to strong arm what is likely a) their only offer and b) definitely their strongest since they're negotiating with us only a few hours after it came in. And they countered with what is a 30 day hostage period for us.
Our response: We're giving you $20k over listing. Go f*** yourself. Take it or leave it

10 minutes before they announced they would decide, the listing agent told our realtor they're taking the house off the market. So they wasted their realtor's time, and he was pissed. He also was probably saying they were crazy for not taking our offer, which also probably pissed him off. Our realtor tells us and is also pissed, "these people are outrageous"

I'm glad we stood our ground because it's obvious they were going to flake on the sale 30 days from now if we took their counter and cost us 30 house hunting days. Our intuition with the whole thing was right on point, from identifying the sheisty counter offer to correctly evaluating the next price bracket up would get us away from the cash boomer demographic. Girl is a savage: "I can't wait for those idiots to list their house again so we can offer $10k under listing" lol

This adventure is like a long flight to a tropical vacation. It's exciting and fun going to the airport and starting the journey and getting on the plane....but after 6 hours of sitting on the plane on your 9 hour flight, you're kind of sick of it and just want to get there. Excited, but want to just get there
Hang in there amigo, you and girl will find the perfect house soon.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Around here this translates to 1970s era, recently and nicely updated with new bathrooms and kitchens, usually with a nice lower level with a wood burning stove.
thumb_angery-doge-43971982.png

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

It's no worry; I wouldn't make any changes one way or the other.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pups chest x-ray was clear, apparently.

Hip dysplasia is getting worse, but that’s expected for her breed and age.

Bloodwork was fine too, including liver levels that were better than the vet expected. They’ve significantly improved since table scraps were almost completely eliminated from her diet, even though the little shit refuses to take the medicine the vet prescribed. She’s as stubborn as I am. :facepalm:

Now we wait for the surgery to remove the bump in two or so weeks.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

Bloodwork was fine too, including liver levels that were better than the vet expected. They’ve significantly improved since table scraps were almost completely eliminated from her diet, even though the little shit refuses to take the medicine the vet prescribed. She’s as stubborn as I am. :facepalm:

Great News:thumbu:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Fan f***ing tastic

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Eat the bump

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I’m positive that the original rules were current day forward as of selection because Lundqvist would have been my first hockey player taken. The entire focus of my Phase 1 was young players with prime still left because of this.

I don’t care if they were changed at some point or even if you want to change them now. It’s all for fun.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Atoadaso. Seriously, that puppy rules f***ng hard. As does Jojo's, as does Ozzy, as does return of the Mac.

I’m positive that the original rules were current day forward as of selection because Lundqvist would have been my first hockey player taken. The entire focus of my Phase 1 was young players with prime still left because of this.

Yosh, I'm totally good with that.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Nothing stopping you.
They have a ring. We'd need to caulk that first

You gotta hump de bump

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

That is great to hear, @Striiker. Hopefully the surgery will effectively get all of it out.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore.
That's the point, I think.

That's excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad