NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Wife’s mom fell for the umpteenth time at her assisted living. This time she ended up at the hospital, and we were there til 3am. Looks like she has a cracked vertebrae (she cracked another in a fall about 5 years ago). She’s a tough old bird, heck she’ll be 97 in January, so hopefully she’ll be ok. Getting old sucks.
Hoping she has a rapid recovery and is back to herself ASAP.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wife’s mom fell for the umpteenth time at her assisted living. This time she ended up at the hospital, and we were there til 3am. Looks like she has a cracked vertebrae (she cracked another in a fall about 5 years ago). She’s a tough old bird, heck she’ll be 97 in January, so hopefully she’ll be ok. Getting old sucks.

At this stage I bet she shrugs it off

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The trips to the hospital are a real grind but necessary. Best of luck to you guys and gals.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TryHardGarbage Shop

DCeYhNR.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo1_250.gifv
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo3_250.gifv

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.14.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.13.55 PM.png

In a stunning early afternoon move the Las Vegas Desert Ducks and the Quebec Lapin have reached a first of its kind deal. It is a deal that that will turn the Quackverse on it's head and assuredly cause Cap massive headaches in the future with all of you jabronis.

Now before we announce the official deal let's take you down the path of how this came to be. The Desert Ducks reached out to their brother in Quebec regarding their Spite Actor who they wished to select as their Team Trainer but per rule #3 of the Quackverse there are NO DUPLICATES so I told him boooo. Now that turned into "Good Guy Cap" offering him to me but I said "No, let's make a trade." Now we both thought at this time "Can we do that? Is that allowed? At that point we decided we make the rules so we do what we want.

Some offers were tossed about to bring this person to the Desert Ducks that were met with some resistance including Thatcher Venmo's favorite restaurant which as soon as Cap saw that being the good Uncle that he is withdrew that request. We were getting down to the end when a genius idea struck and a deal was reached.

Here are the official terms:

To Las Vegas: Liam Neeson
To Quebec: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Upon the completion of the deal Liam Neeson has been named as the Official Team Trainer of the Las Vegas Desert Ducks and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has replaced Neeson as the Official Spite Actor of the Quebec Lapin.

When reached for comment Chairman of the Board of the Desert Ducks, HC, had this to say... "Well what it came down to was that we set our sights on Liam Neeson and we just had to get him. When you have a chance to have the man that taught people like Batman and Obi-Wan Kenobi everything that they knew that's just not something that you can pass up. While we are thankful for the time that Dwayne spent here in Las Vegas we figured the right spot was always in Quebec with our brother."

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.19.47 PM.png

qui-gonn-is-good.jpg

Bring On Glorious Phase 20.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo1_250.gifv
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo3_250.gifv

View attachment 584269View attachment 584268

In a stunning early afternoon move the Las Vegas Desert Ducks and the Quebec Lapin have reached a first of its kind deal. It is a deal that that will turn the Quackverse on it's head and assuredly cause Cap massive headaches in the future with all of you jabronis.

Now before we announce the official deal let's take you down the path of how this came to be. The Desert Ducks reached out to their brother in Quebec regarding their Spite Actor who they wished to select as their Team Trainer but per rule #3 of the Quackverse there are NO DUPLICATES so I told him boooo. Now that turned into "Good Guy Cap" offering him to me but I said "No, let's make a trade." Now we both thought at this time "Can we do that? Is that allowed? At that point we decided we make the rules so we do what we want.

Some offers were tossed about to bring this person to the Desert Ducks that were met with some resistance including Thatcher Venmo's favorite restaurant which as soon as Cap saw that being the good Uncle that he is withdrew that request. We were getting down to the end when a genius idea struck and a deal was reached.

Here are the official terms:

To Las Vegas: Liam Neeson
To Quebec: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Upon the completion of the deal Liam Neeson has been named as the Official Team Trainer of the Las Vegas Desert Ducks and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has replaced Neeson as the Official Spite Actor of the Quebec Lapin.

When reached for comment Chairman of the Board of the Desert Ducks, HC, had this to say... "Well what it came down to was that we set our sights on Liam Neeson and we just had to get him. When you have a chance to have the man that taught people like Batman and Obi-Wan Kenobi everything that they knew that's just not something that you can pass up. While we are thankful for the time that Dwayne spent here in Las Vegas we figured the right spot was always in Quebec with our brother."

View attachment 584271
qui-gonn-is-good.jpg

Bring On Glorious Phase 20.
The endless torture of Dwayne by @Captain Dave Poulin in the Quackverse should be awe inspiring.

I will trade all of my idiot hockey players, except the God known as Tim Kerr and Flash Hollet (because Flash is a cool name) to anyone for a six pack of stout and half ounce of Thai stick.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The M.A.D. Cats are a peaceful people. Trial by Combat is of no real use to us by itself, so it's time to get creative. I told you I would find a way to have him removed from existence @Captain Dave Poulin.

malcolm_gladwell.jpg

This side of SWSNBN, I don't think anyone's existence bothers me more than the master of the hot take veiled in implied genius, Malcom Gladwell. The man once described as "Xanax for Managers," has kicked up his galaxy brain rhetoric even further in the COVID period. A particular favorite of ours was his appearance on a podcast called "Diary of a CEO." Gladwell cried actual tears while explaining that people need to return to the office "in order to regain a sense of belonging" and to feel part of something bigger than themselves. Every topic no matter how rote you may expect it to be turns into this. As described by a friend:

The thing about Gladwell books is that they’re written to sound insightful, until you read anything deeper on whatever he’s writing on and realize how ridiculously stupid and cheap he’s being.

Please, challenge this man every day. A duel at high noon? American Gladiators style jousting with giant Q-Tips? We'll say yes every time. After someone has finally offed him, challenge his skeleton and ground that to dust. You'll be doing us all a favor.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The M.A.D. Cats are a peaceful people. Trial by Combat is of no real use to us by itself, so it's time to get creative. I told you I would find a way to have him removed from existence @Captain Dave Poulin.

malcolm_gladwell.jpg

This side of SWSNBN, I don't think anyone's existence bothers me more than the master of the hot take veiled in implied genius, Malcom Gladwell. The man once described as "Xanax for Managers," has kicked up his galaxy brain rhetoric even further in the COVID period. A particular favorite of ours was his appearance on a podcast called "Diary of a CEO." Gladwell cried actual tears while explaining that people need to return to the office "in order to regain a sense of belonging" and to feel part of something bigger than themselves. Every topic no matter how rote you may expect it to be turns into this. As described by a friend:

Please, challenge this man every day. A duel at high noon? American Gladiators style jousting with giant Q-Tips? We'll say yes every time. After someone has finally offed him, challenge his skeleton and ground that to dust. You'll be doing us all a favor.
Jojo, I hate this.

The concept of the Trial By Combat is that these people selected are our champion which they are representing you in a trial. If your champion dies depending on the charges laid against you you very well may die also.

I don't want Jojo to die.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

malcolm_gladwell.jpg

Maximus is sharpening his gladius already

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Jojo, I hate this.

The concept of the Trial By Combat is that these people are your champion which are representing you in a trial. If your champion dies depending on the charges laid against you you very well may die also.

I don't want Jojo to die.

I'm reasonably certain bribes will still exist in the New World.

And if not, I've secured Quackkind a Gladwell-free existence. You can make the statue out of anything you want. Just put it in a nice public park.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm reasonably certain bribes will still exist in the New World.

And if not, I've secured Quackkind a Gladwell-free existence. You can make the statue out of anything you want. Just put it in a nice public park.

You can always argue to the presiding lord that you did such a service by ridding existence of Gladwell that any further punishment is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad