NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you ajgoal! Different ajgoal! Pathetic ajgoal! Taboo ajgoal!

Do you remember that I am up? I remember. I do the now.

I do the Hype Song. For doing hype, I pick:

If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues

This is a good song for a mutiny-based team. Rock accordion is also always good. This is good. It is up-pace. It is defiant. It covers burial at sea. All sung through the most mangled mush-mouth in rock history.

It is the time for @BernieParent

Threatening Bernie! Kind Bernie! Thankful Bernie!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think there's probably a way we could trim down our own rosters so Biff, Defect II and Toe have some actual hockey players to pick from. Since we have four lines of current players and four lines of legends, we could probably pare that down to two of each and let them scour the leftovers. We'll have to figure out how to do it, but it should be doable.

How do we feel about that - any complaints? No problem if everyone is against it.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think there's probably a way we could trim down our own rosters so Biff, Defect II and Toe have some actual hockey players to pick from. Since we have four lines of current players and four lines of legends, we could probably pare that down to two of each and let them scour the leftovers. We'll have to figure out how to do it, but it should be doable.

How do we feel about that - any complaints? No problem if everyone is against it.
You can have all my players. Hockey is stupid.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

What’s a hockey player?

Complete ACL tear. Poor pup.
Poor thing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I didn't want to jinx anything with this, but I have a nearly identical story with our departed dog. So this was what I assumed.

Our dog went outside to pee. She was outside for maybe 30 seconds. She showed up back at the door totally normal and as we last saw her, except for her leg hanging floppily and not being used at all. Needed ACL surgery.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I didn't want to jinx anything with this, but I have a nearly identical story with our departed dog. So this was what I assumed.

Our dog went outside to pee. She was outside for maybe 30 seconds. She showed up back at the door totally normal and as we last saw her, except for her leg hanging floppily and not being used at all. Needed ACL surgery.

It looked exactly like a football tear, Beef. No contact, no nothing. Just walking on uneven ground and then not walking. So that was my fear too.

They're trying to squeeze him into a surgery room tomorrow. Otherwise it's Monday and he's 60 lbs, loaded with arthritis, and as best we can tell, 12 years old. I have no idea how he's supposed to function for a weekend.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They tie the ACL back together with fishing line. We are friends with a few vets so I think Beefette was allowed to watch, but I don't recall specifically. That dog was possibly the most liked animal at that vet hospital, because Beefette worked there and for a while the dog was allowed to go to work with her and she befriended everyone. She acted like she owned the place. She basically did. Numerous vets used to grab her to use as a teaching tool because she was so good about it; most of their current staff learned to do blood draws on her.

I took her in for an appointment once and I was treated like the dog's accessory.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It looked exactly like a football tear, Beef. No contact, no nothing. Just walking on uneven ground and then not walking. So that was my fear too.

They're trying to squeeze him into a surgery room tomorrow. Otherwise it's Monday and he's 60 lbs, loaded with arthritis, and as best we can tell, 12 years old. I have no idea how he's supposed to function for a weekend.

I'm pretty expert at rehabbing dogs at this point; you're gonna have to keep him on pretty strict rest. The 60 leebs is a pity because you'll want to carry him a lot, to avoid re-injury or compensation injury. My dog was 20 leebs so it was a lot easier. The silver lining is that ACL surgery is easier to rehab than spinal surgery, I guess.

They make cradle-like things. Sort of a strap you run under the dog so you can' basically lift most of the weight off their legs, but still keep them moving around a bit but with less strain.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1662689892303.png

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You people really need to stop making it my turn while I am doing IRL things.

"Ahead of making our final selection of this draft round, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks convey our feelings of sadness at the news of the serious injury to the dog of fellow QuackVerse owner @JojoTheWhale and our deepest hope for a quick and complete recovery.

"For our Team Anthem, we will select based on the FireSticks brand and pick Light the Fire Again by Canadian musician Brian Doerksen (whom we have had the pleasure of meeting IRL)."

"We now step down at the completion of yet another round, thank the QuackVerse Overlords for their creative categories, (hopefully) welcome @BigToe to the QuackVerse, and invite @JojoTheWhale to make his selection amidst his dog care provision."

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Oh no! Poor buddy.

I guess it depends on your housing situation, but I considered one of these for my dane when he started losing strength in his legs:

91TggOin8ZL.jpg

I decided against it because of the setup for our stairs to the yard, and he only had moments of weakness which I could pick him up after. His issue was permanent, too. Not sure if you could find a set to rent.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Before last night I had never heard of a dog tearing his ACL, and I'm pissed that it has happened to one of ours. Someone is going to get it.

armin-beat-up.gif

We start the day with Jojo on the clock, but he obviously has more important things to deal with, and we are not in a hurry. @Asnito is on deck, @Young Sandwich is on the lido deck, and @CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido afterdeck.

I said yesterday that the earlier preview suggested that the old guy had a chance to get back with the girl, but no such thing happened last night - in fact, she and the new guy got even closer. The preview for the next one again seems to suggest that there will be another chance, so we'll see, but she really has made herself look horrible. She told the new guy that until he came, she didn't see this as a show where romance was possible. It was complete bullshit when you look at her behavior toward the first guy - if what she said is true, then everything she did up to this point was phony and false. So I once again went to bed super pissed at her. I didn't have a dream about it this time, though.

I was right about the UK cancelling all the football this weekend, which is good - these teams could use a rest, even though the season just started. But our thoughts this morning are with the pup. Sending all our thoughts and prayers your way, good dog.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Before last night I had never heard of a dog tearing his ACL, and I'm pissed that it has happened to one of ours. Someone is going to get it.

armin-beat-up.gif

We start the day with Jojo on the clock, but he obviously has more important things to deal with, and we are not in a hurry. @Asnito is on deck, @Young Sandwich is on the lido deck, and @CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido afterdeck.

I said yesterday that the earlier preview suggested that the old guy had a chance to get back with the girl, but no such thing happened last night - in fact, she and the new guy got even closer. The preview for the next one again seems to suggest that there will be another chance, so we'll see, but she really has made herself look horrible. She told the new guy that until he came, she didn't see this as a show where romance was possible. It was complete bullshit when you look at her behavior toward the first guy - if what she said is true, then everything she did up to this point was phony and false. So I once again went to bed super pissed at her. I didn't have a dream about it this time, though.

I was right about the UK cancelling all the football this weekend, which is good - these teams could use a rest, even though the season just started. But our thoughts this morning are with the pup. Sending all our thoughts and prayers your way, good dog.

Im hearing it all the time nowadays which makes me wonder about their food.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Our food truck will be a converted Tuk Tuk serving Thai food.
1662739522781.png

We will be offering nothing but spicy noodles as they are phenomenal after a hard night drinking.
1662739593305.png

We also offer all the spices needed to make it flaming hot, which is an excellent hangover cure.
1662739707768.png

As a shout out to our newest member we will name it Ka-TOE-y's.

@Young Sandwich find us some scantily clad lasses to be our servers then make a pick.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Team Trainer seemed like a layup for the Sexpos at first glance. We'll just pick one of the countless beautiful Instagram fitness trainers and call it a day, right? Wrong. We wanted someone more than just a pretty face and a tight bod. Someone who was a pioneer in their craft with the business acumen to skyrocket to the top of it. This fella was no joke. He's widely known as the Godfather of the modern fitness movement, and just generally badass in all facets of life. He was the first to introduce nutrition into fitness and preached it until the day he died (while still being jacked as f***). His prowess as a motivational speaker will certainly come in handy when it's time for a pregame prep talk or before heading into a bloody battle with our rival hares. The dude had a great sense of humor even in his old age. Case in point: When asked about sex, he had a standard joke, saying that despite their advanced age, he and his wife still made love almost every night: "Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on Wednesday..."

jack-lalanne.jpg

Team Trainer - Jack LaLanne

Get jacked @mja

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Trainer seemed like a layup for the Sexpos at first glance. We'll just pick one of the countless beautiful Instagram fitness trainers and call it a day, right? Wrong. We wanted someone more than just a pretty face and a tight bod. Someone who was a pioneer in their craft with the business acumen to skyrocket to the top of it. This fella was no joke. He's widely known as the Godfather of the modern fitness movement, and just generally badass in all facets of life. He was the first to introduce nutrition into fitness and preached it until the day he died (while still being jacked as f***). His prowess as a motivational speaker will certainly come in handy when it's time for a pregame prep talk or before heading into a bloody battle with our rival hares. The dude had a great sense of humor even in his old age. Case in point: When asked about sex, he had a standard joke, saying that despite their advanced age, he and his wife still made love almost every night: "Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on Wednesday..."

jack-lalanne.jpg

Team Trainer - Jack LaLanne

Get jacked @mja
Killer pick! And thank you, but I'm done this phase - Team Anthem Singer was my double-timer. @CanadianFlyer88, please proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad