NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
You can never have too many Finns, according to our esteemed explorer, Mr. Cousteau.

So we're picking this guy:

aleksanteri-kaskimaki-2022-1222.jpg

Now I'm being told he meant these:

616Y201UajL._AC_SL1476_.jpg

Whatever. What does he know about hockey anyway. We're sticking with our guy.

Futurehead pt. 2 #2: Aleksanteri Kaskimaki

@Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It is time. Time. The time placed upon me by ajgoal. Earsplitting ajgoal! Burly ajgoal! Former ajgoal!

I need to buy more time to think of more people. So I shall dive back into that Well Of True Talent, the Fifth Round of the NHL Entry Draft; the place where Yunmk Flumbing once drafted the inevitable Kaprizov.

I now draft: CONNOR HVIDSTON

Hvidston is quite young. He scored goals at a decent clip, but what really makes him stand out so far is very good defense. His offense is on the rise (Once he got up to speed, as a mega-youth, he had a great second half) and he can drive possession his way. This is good. We select him. Here is the only portrait of him known to have been taken within his lifetime:

1_1973.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It is time. Time. The time placed upon me by ajgoal. Earsplitting ajgoal! Burly ajgoal! Former ajgoal!

I need to buy more time to think of more people. So I shall dive back into that Well Of True Talent, the Fifth Round of the NHL Entry Draft; the place where Yunmk Flumbing once drafted the inevitable Kaprizov.

Hvidston is quite young. He scored goals at a decent clip, but what really makes him stand out so far is very good defense. His offense is on the rise (Once he got up to speed, as a mega-youth, he had a great second half) and he can drive possession his way. This is good. We select him. Here is the only portrait of him known to have been taken within his lifetime:

1_1973.jpg
What in the hell?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

1_1973.jpg

My have hockey cards changed since I collected them in my youth. Anyway ...

"For our Team Pre-Game Hype Song, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to dip into our Team Band, Switchfoot, vast repertoire for the classic Ammunition:

"We wish our Draft Round 19 Neighbour, @JojoTheWhale, much satisfaction with his next selection."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My have hockey cards changed since I collected them in my youth. Anyway ...

"For our Team Pre-Game Hype Song, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to dip into our Team Band, Switchfoot, vast repertoire for the classic Ammunition:

"We wish our Draft Round 19 Neighbour, @JojoTheWhale, much satisfaction with his next selection."

I assumed as a Quebecois your Team Band would involve way more hurdy-gurdy

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Happy Birthday, Jojo and Perv!

party-time-anime.gif

We start the day with birthday boy @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

So that film I was gagging to watch is called "My Sassy Girl" (2001). It's the film that my soulmate Jun Ji Hyun made when she was 19 and (along with a Korean commercial in which she looks like a sex goddess) propelled her into superstardom. It's so, so, so obvious why that happened. She is amazing and perfect in a very quirky role. She plays a girl whose boyfriend has died and she can't bring herself to let go. She is super wasted and standing on the edge of the subway platform when she is rescued by this slacker college student goof. They become close friends, and are kind of dating, but she keeps telling him she'll kill him if he doesn't do what she wants. Like he orders Coke at a cafe, and she says "Do you want to die? Have coffee." She turns to the waiter with her most melting look and says "We'll have coffee, please." She hits him all the time, but he doesn't really complain - he wants to help her heal (plus he is super goofy himself). Her parents don't approve of him because he has no plans, so she sometimes spends a long time away from him. She also writes terrible screenplays for action movies about heroines coming back from the future in different scenarios. She makes him read them, and they are all terrible.

It's almost impossible to explain why this movie is so charming, as you can see, but it is SO f***ing charming. Ji Hyunie is so, so, so meltingly charming. It builds toward more melodrama and seriousness near the end, but never loses its focus on the pair of them and doesn't betray the promise the plot starts (the way "Friends" did when Rachel dated f***ing Joey, the stupid bastards). It f***ing rules, and I am so happy that it lived up to its reputation.

Let's have some birthday cake and celebrate the fact that these two fresh Quacks are one year older. WOO!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
While the main character of a certain show was selected long ago, it's to my relief that the show itself (one of my favorites) remains untouched.

The Honolulu Ghibli are pleased as punch to select as our Team Trainer: Rupert Giles

UM5.gif

The Watcher to the vamp slayer, Buffy Summers, Giles is described as a "Super Librarian." Giles is calm, outwardly professional, inwardly caring -- he's both trainer and father figure.

Giles has unparalleled knowledge about demonology and sorcery and the supernatural -- and what is the Quackverse but supernatural? That's far more important than hockey; any idiot can learn hockey. If you've lived by a Hellmouth, you're more than prepared for the hellscape of HockeyGuys™. Giles is also well versed in the teaching of Slayer combat technique, so he's got the physical training part covered in spades too.

65c92ee1140d56a436db962a8c99365c45e9921b.gifv

Exactly, Giles. Exactly.

@Captain Dave Poulin -- you're basically the Quackverse Watcher, aintya?

Amazing pick

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Don't have any write up ready so we're going to continue with adding to our Beer League team. Joel Maata come on down.

@Young Sandwich here's a little something to get the juices flowing before you pick

In a lake with spinning gear? Pfshhh, that's basically cheating. Killer fish though.

Pick incoming, just finished up my 6 year olds bday party at Monster Mini Golf in Cherry Hill. It was a great success.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I was convinced this young woman was already taken, but my extensive searching says otherwise. She's cool as shit, beautiful, funny, badass, charismatic, influential, super charitable, and all around awesome. Oh yeah, and she's dating Spiderman too. She's the total package and exactly what the Sexpos are looking for in a spokesperson.

how-to-you-pronounce-zendaya-1612366633-view-1.jpg

Team Spokesperson - Zendaya

Rip one off @mja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad