NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team Creeper - Jordan Hall

Taryn%2BHatcher%2Beyebrows.gif

@pit

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We're going a different route for our trainer. As @JojoTheWhale and @Beef Invictus very well know, there's a significant chance that being skilled at darts will be necessary in the Quackverse.

With this in mind, we're onboarding someone who as been a professional for over 20 years, beginning when he was just 13 years old. He was the #1 player in the world from 2014 to 2021, when a poor run of form saw him slip to #3, where he currently sits. 2021 was the first year he didn't win a PDC title since 2012 (he has won a title in 2022).

His favourite athlete is Roger Federer and there are similarities between both in their respective fields including early success, long term dominance over their peers, and dethroning a legend for most career titles... oh, and their twin-like physiques, of course. :naughty:

WorldMatchplayR2_VanGerwen3-copy-292b.jpg

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select as our team trainer, the incomparable, Michael van Gerwen.

@mja, bask in the glory of an MVG 9 darter:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Don't get so stuck in your habits that you are afraid to be fresh.

orange-anime-kakeru-naruse.gif

We start the day with @Young Sandwich on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck with a pair, and Bernardo on the lido afterdeck. Cannon will blast his pick as soon as his office gets to his baby's sister-in-law.

This latest Chinese show isn't as good as the last one, but it's fine. Thing is, there is a ROCKET on there, seriously, and for some reason she is fixated on the one dork, and he somehow isn't interested. He's hardcore going after the other one, who is pretty bookish and boring, though good-looking enough. It's the classic case of choosing personality over looks, which you would think is beneficial to everyone. He has a similar personality to his target, and she likes him back, so he is making a smart decision. It's just that my eyes are melting when I see the rocket, and she is very sweet, and I would throw myself at her feet if I ever got within 1000 nautical miles of her, so it's hard for me to fathom (phrasing) how anyone could deny her.

Then again, I'm not there - I'm just using my eyes to watch on TV, so it's easy for my eyes to make decisions.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Have you ever eaten a Koagie? Do you even know what a Koagie is? For the uninitiated, it's a seeded Sarcone's roll stuffed with Korean barbecue meats and topped with sesame slaw, marinated cucumbers, and a delectable Koagie sauce. We'll also be serving super crispy Korean fried chicken, bulgogi, tonkatsu, and a fully loaded Korean menu.

1362504966000.jpeg

3.-Spicy-Korean-Fried-Chicken.jpg

Team Food Truck - The Koagie Truck

Go find a Koagie to munch on @Asnito

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright sorry for the delay. Groomsmen duties called.

So we're going to use our first make-up pick to select something in the Team Food Truck category where we're going to go back to my college days in West Philadelphia. So without further adieu we're going to select Happy Sunshine Food Truck. Now did this place have the greatest food in the world? No, no it did not. It was the typical food truck cuisine but it's the people that ran it that we want to bring to the Quackverse with us.

Utdam and his wife were amazing people. I went there most days my freshman year at Drexel and from the years onward I went less and less because I didn't live on campus anymore but every time I did walk by he remembered me and specific things about me and we had a conversation. Every single time he asked me "How's Pete?" Pete being my friend that I would go with most times during my freshman year who dropped out. The ability to see hundreds of people likely every day and remember certain things about certain strangers always stuck with me.

If somehow this was picked i'm going to slaughter you all.

Jan2020_SunnySideUp.jpg

Our second selection is awaiting approval.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
This is a makeup pick. I'll add this to the sheets, Cap.

The Anthem category is a perfect opportunity to add a completely unhinged, but fascinating person to the New World. Please enjoy this story of his creation of a local Philadelphia landmark from 2000:

ABC News said:
November 28, 2000 -- A week after flaunting his fugitive freedom onstage in New York City, rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard was busted by a fan while trying to order at a McDonald's drive-through in Philadelphia.

The 31-year-old Wu-Tang Clan member, whose real name is Russell Jones, escaped Oct. 17 from a Pasadena, Calif., drug-rehabilitation center, where he was undergoing treatment after violating probation. His probation stemmed from 1999 charges of making terrorist threats and being a felon in possession of body armor (i.e., a bulletproof vest).

A Los Angeles judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest soon after his disappearance. Jones, who has been arrested nine times in the past 13 months, is also wanted in New York City, where he faces various drug and motor vehicle charges.

The rapper stunned hundreds of fans last week by showing up at the release party for the Wu-Tang Clan's new album, The W, at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom.

"I can't stay onstage too long tonight — the cops is after me," he told the crowd last Tuesday night, saying he planned to become "like a bird" living off "birdseeds or whatever … you'll see."

Could he have meant the sesame seeds on a Big Mac? While in the drive-through lane at a Philadelphia McDonald's, a policewoman happened to spot him in a 1991 Mitsubishi Galant with New Jersey license plates.

"She knew him from listening to his music, and knew he was wanted by police," Sgt. Mel Williams told the Philadelphia Daily News. "She stopped him and found out it was him."

Luckily the newest M.A.D. Cat has a nice short sprint of an all-time banger. You don't want your anthem to drag.

Ol' Dirty Bastard -- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We have received approval for our next selection...

We are going to turn our attention to the Team Spokesperson category where we will select an actor that just may be America's sweetheart and why we must reject any and all posts of those homewreckers [Redacted] and [Redacted] in the Quackverse.

We're talking of course about Jason Sudeikis. We will acknowledge that he will not be bringing the character of Ted Lasso into our franchise in any capacity.

MV5BMjE3NTE4Nzg3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc5OTUxMTI@._V1_.jpg

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
We have received approval for our next selection...

We are going to turn our attention to the Team Spokesperson category where we will select an actor that just may be America's sweetheart and why we must reject any and all posts of those homewreckers [Redacted] and [Redacted] in the Quackverse.

We're talking of course about Jason Sudeikis. We will acknowledge that he will not be bringing the character of Ted Lasso into our franchise in any capacity.

MV5BMjE3NTE4Nzg3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc5OTUxMTI@._V1_.jpg

a87c5be1-01eb-4e84-b575-234a57676eba_text.gif

Also, for @Captain Dave Poulin in honour of this thread title...

8ec6e98b-8997-4f06-ab21-321495c857c4_text.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Did you take one of everything in the pharmacy before writing this
I wish.

Tell us you have young tastebuds without telling us you have young tastebuds.
If you like dark chocolate better than milk chocolate you should be imprisoned

To be clear, I don't mean those fancy chocolate treats like in the Valentine's day boxes. If you have one of those dark chocolate squares with like raspberry filling in the middle... completely fine. I'm talking about dark chocolate bars/Hershey kisses/wilbur buds etc.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The Toads will be playing a style of hockey that will inevitably lead to suspensions and controversies. We struggled with do we go with a loud and abrasive individual or soft spoken diplomatic. Alas our resident 12 year sniped my pick making my decision easy.

The Toads are happy to select from Finland Sanna Marin. She may have to give up the whole world leader gig but she's definitely experienced dealing with stupid shit.

1661878128588.png

1661877957085.png

@JojoTheWhale are you able to bust a second one out today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad