NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Our team food truck is currently a massive tourist attraction in Vancouver that we feel could use some globalization and exposure in the Quackverse.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Japadog.

4px-BW84_n0QJGVPszge3NRBsKw-2VcOifrJIjPYFYkOtaCZxxXQ2VsnKC8TXW5Skn_W0sj8vwlwrGJLyBb4gihe-zhT7B...png

5c2c5ee24e350.jpg

@pit, Konnichiwa

We know @Beef Invictus has his eyes on the "Love Meat".

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Our team food truck is currently a massive tourist attraction in Vancouver that we feel could use some globalization and exposure in the Quackverse.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Japadog.

View attachment 578634

View attachment 578635

@pit, Konnichiwa

We know @Beef Invictus has his eyes on the "Love Meat".

Listen to me. If you get a chance to go there, order the croquette. Those f***ing things are like crack on steroids on angel dust. I don't know how they would be on a hot dog, but there's no way they are anything short of amazeballs.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
My favourite food truck focuses on grilled cheese and since I already have that for a pre-game meal I figured I should diversify. Also, I started researching this at 11 at night so thanks for the late tag to make me starving hungry before bed.

I think the key to revenue generation is consistency but also diversity of product. If someone isn't feeling spaghetti and your truck only serves fried spaghetti, you're out cash. So I found a truck with options and some damned good looking ones. I am selecting the Humble Pie Food Truck from Berlin, which oddly focuses on southern US savoury and sweet foods ( Humble Pie Berlin (@humblepieberlin) • Instagram photos and videos). Feast your eyes on those savoury and sweet pies, those scrumptious biscuits and damn, that hot halloumi biscuit sandwich.

Humble-pie-1.jpg

I'll go starve in my sleep while @Striiker picks.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
With HotD premiering, the timing feels right to select a Trial By Combat Champion.

As the owners of Game of Thrones, we are blessed with scores of possible choices. We could always go with the guy who brought back the TbC to the forefront of public consciousness, Mr. Tyrion Lannister.

tyrion-gif-12.gif

No worries Tyrion, that would surely be a disaster, and while we're generally about that, there are other possibilities. No, we maybe we should roll with one of your champions: Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell. Impossibly suave, determined, and a graceful fighter. What could go wrong?

CheapGlassChafer-size_restricted.gif

Again, we're generally into disasters, but there are better choices on the board. For example, we could also go with No One, just for the irony, and Jon Snow's plot armor would be helpful here, but we're a flame-based franchise, so there's really one acceptable choice.

4016cfcafd4a72d535ad982dbed88c71034aec61.gifv

NJFZ Trial By Combat Champion: Drogon

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't know if you have seen "Letterkenny," but there is a girl on there named Rosie, and she is a ROCK-ET. Holy shit, boys.

missile-anime.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on deck, Chuckles on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck. @Beef Invictus got lost in piss talk, then said he had a trainer pick, then didn't pick a trainer or anything else. Your guess is as good as mine, and probably better.

I haven't watched the "House of Dragons" premier yet, so no spoilers. Fatty has spent the majority of the past decade-plus peddling pewter figurines and other shit, as we all know, and in that time my interest in Westeros has gone from stratospherically piqued to nearly non-existent. I'm almost positive I won't read the final books if they come out. Not that they will ever come out, who are we kidding? I might, though. It's the mootest of points though, innit.

If this "Rings of Power" series turns out to be something, that would really be something. It would completely re-invent the Amazon Prime brand, because up to now it has been pretty crap. That series with Chris Pratt is TERRIBLE. That series "The Boys," despite the hype, is likewise execrable. The Jack Ryan series is decent, or acceptable, or whatever, but it's one of the few that is even that good. The "Wheel of Time" series is beyond bad, and they have signed on for at least two more seasons, which is really hard to believe. We just have to hope that somehow they have found some people who won't f*** Tolkien beyond recognition. If it succeeds, it could crack open a lot of new Middle-Earth material, which would rule, all caveats learned from "Star Wars" notwithstanding.

Go fuel your rockets and get fresh.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well I planned on doing something more grand with one of the not stupid hockey categories here but then my computer decided to turn off while writing the post so... we're just going to select Julian Lutz because we feel like we could use a German in the organization.

@Chuck Downie you're up.

But i'm still going to tag @Strawberry Fields because <3

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Team Trainer

Sloth

maxresdefault.jpg

MV5BMjE4NzY5NjUxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc3NzMyNw@@._V1_.jpg

@BiggE

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
With HotD premiering, the timing feels right to select a Trial By Combat Champion.

As the owners of Game of Thrones, we are blessed with scores of possible choices. We could always go with the guy who brought back the TbC to the forefront of public consciousness, Mr. Tyrion Lannister.

tyrion-gif-12.gif

No worries Tyrion, that would surely be a disaster, and while we're generally about that, there are other possibilities. No, we maybe we should roll with one of your champions: Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell. Impossibly suave, determined, and a graceful fighter. What could go wrong?

CheapGlassChafer-size_restricted.gif

Again, we're generally into disasters, but there are better choices on the board. For example, we could also go with No One, just for the irony, and Jon Snow's plot armor would be helpful here, but we're a flame-based franchise, so there's really one acceptable choice.

4016cfcafd4a72d535ad982dbed88c71034aec61.gifv

NJFZ Trial By Combat Champion: Drogon
This is the first TBC pick that I fear would take out my boy T-1000, well done

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Team Trainer Take 2:

Fiore dei Liberi

Getty_Ms._Ludwig_XV_13_31r_%28detail%29.jpg

Thought by some to be the grandfather of European organized martial arts schools, Fiore had an impressive training resume chock full of duelists and mercenary captains; serious people who did serious fighting believed he should be training them. Hockey sticks are basically polearms anyway.

I'm also polite enough to leave an excellent choice for Team Champion on the board by going with this dude. You're all welcome.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! My name is, PAUL HEYMAN!! Now pay attention because the following is not a prediction, it’s a SPOILER!
1661191656257.gif

The esteemed head of the table, and mine and yours tribal chief, ROMAN REIGNS
1661191807503.gif

has sent me here to the cesspool known as Jacksonville to reveal the official creep of Methgators Nation! Yes, disgusting, I know. So let’s get on with it because I have MUCH more important things to do!
1661191831002.gif

The official creep of the Jacksonville Methgators is…..THE CRYPTKEEPER!!!
1661191854387.gif

1661191873330.gif

@DancingPanther , it’s time to put down the bong and come play along!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don't know if you have seen "Letterkenny," but there is a girl on there named Rosie, and she is a ROCK-ET. Holy shit, boys.

missile-anime.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on deck, Chuckles on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck. @Beef Invictus got lost in piss talk, then said he had a trainer pick, then didn't pick a trainer or anything else. Your guess is as good as mine, and probably better.

I haven't watched the "House of Dragons" premier yet, so no spoilers. Fatty has spent the majority of the past decade-plus peddling pewter figurines and other shit, as we all know, and in that time my interest in Westeros has gone from stratospherically piqued to nearly non-existent. I'm almost positive I won't read the final books if they come out. Not that they will ever come out, who are we kidding? I might, though. It's the mootest of points though, innit.

If this "Rings of Power" series turns out to be something, that would really be something. It would completely re-invent the Amazon Prime brand, because up to now it has been pretty crap. That series with Chris Pratt is TERRIBLE. That series "The Boys," despite the hype, is likewise execrable. The Jack Ryan series is decent, or acceptable, or whatever, but it's one of the few that is even that good. The "Wheel of Time" series is beyond bad, and they have signed on for at least two more seasons, which is really hard to believe. We just have to hope that somehow they have found some people who won't f*** Tolkien beyond recognition. If it succeeds, it could crack open a lot of new Middle-Earth material, which would rule, all caveats learned from "Star Wars" notwithstanding.

Go fuel your rockets and get fresh.
The terminal list was a damn good show. The boys is good just because of the shock factor they toss out. Jack Ryan was pretty good too. I haven’t watched WoT and I have no hope for RoP.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
HELLO. I'M SORRY FOR HOLDING THINGS UP.

Team Creeper: Tom Green
“Sometimes I wanna get on TV and just let loose, but I can't, but it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose”

Team futurehead based solely on name alone: Hugo Havelid, G

@BiggE

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Need. Moar. Freshness.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @BiggE on the clock, @Chuck Downie on deck, Le Cannon on the lido deck in his baby sister's office, and Striiker on the lido deck. @JojoTheWhale can make up his pick whenever he has time.

Last night I was sitting here watching something and minding my own business, and I heard a group of voices begin the chorus of a song. The words were, quote, "Making love, ukulele style." Then the headliner's voice started singing, quote, "Making love, ukulele style - making love, ukulele style." What in the utter f***. I recognized the voice as belonging to Bing Crosby. We know that, outside of the road pictures with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby was a f***ing weirdo, innit, but "Making love, ukulele style"? The f*** are we doing? You know what a ukulele is? It's a stupidly undersized Hawaiian guitar played by dweebs and hipsters that looks and sounds completely stupid. So that's the way that Bing Crosby wanted to make love. With an undersized instrument making weird noises and looking stupid. They say, quote, "To each their own," but I don't think so. F*** off with your ukulele and find a fresh way to make love, you f***ing nutjob.

tumblr_p6y5eqHbrr1wdqo1eo1_500.gifv

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Need. Moar. Freshness.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @BiggE on the clock, @Chuck Downie on deck, Le Cannon on the lido deck in his baby sister's office, and Striiker on the lido deck. @JojoTheWhale can make up his pick whenever he has time.

Last night I was sitting here watching something and minding my own business, and I heard a group of voices begin the chorus of a song. The words were, quote, "Making love, ukulele style." Then the headliner's voice started singing, quote, "Making love, ukulele style - making love, ukulele style." What in the utter f***. I recognized the voice as belonging to Bing Crosby. We know that, outside of the road pictures with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby was a f***ing weirdo, innit, but "Making love, ukulele style"? The f*** are we doing? You know what a ukulele is? It's a stupidly undersized Hawaiian guitar played by dweebs and hipsters that looks and sounds completely stupid. So that's the way that Bing Crosby wanted to make love. With an undersized instrument making weird noises and looking stupid. They say, quote, "To each their own," but I don't think so. F*** off with your ukulele and find a fresh way to make love, you f***ing nutjob.

No idea what the heck 'making love ukulele style' is but here's a good use of the ukulele.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Need. Moar. Freshness.

giphy.gif

Working on it now, sorry. I caught something (not COVID) and ended up sleeping for a few days straight.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
1661263281292.gif

Hey Brooooo! Yo, like hey Methgators dudes, like this so far out BRO!! No one likes getting hyped up more dude than your BRO Riddle! Right? So, welcome to Jacksonville my BROS, the official hype song of the Methgators, THE DEVIL WENT TO JAMAICA by David Allen Coe,

1661263307660.gif

BRO!! FAR OUT!!!!

@Chuck Downie , grab that stash and make a dash to the Quackverse!

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
After you've done the intimidation bit with the Warmup Song, the way I read the Pre-Game Hype Song category is that you're trying to get across the idea that some shit is about to go down. It should be about introducing the majesty of the M.A.D. Cats. Furthermore, an instrumental feels like it fits better here, as we're using it to set the proverbial table.

Every week on NFL Primetime, you knew the main event was coming on when you heard the opening beats of this absolute gem:

International Statement by Bell & Dexter

@Captain Dave Poulin I'll update the sheets with this pick so as to cause the least disruption. My apologies again.

Was it life, by chance?

I took a COVID test, but do they make one for that too? While I was sick, I bought myself a new pair of headphones, so I won't be enjoying much life for a while. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin I'll update the sheets with this pick so as to cause the least disruption. My apologies again.

No worries, J.

Hey Brooooo! Yo, like hey Methgators dudes, like this so far out BRO!! No one likes getting hyped up more dude than your BRO Riddle! Right? So, welcome to Jacksonville my BROS, the official hype song of the Methgators, THE DEVIL WENT TO JAMAICA by David Allen Coe,

You seriously need to put the f***ing bong down. You already picked that as your Rental Pick-Up II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad