NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I'm actually kind of shocked this guy hasn't been picked for anything yet. So now to name our trial by combat champion.

You're sending a lion in? No worries, he'll kill it and skin it. Got a giant that can't be killed while touching the ground? Fine, he'll pick him up and choke him to death. Sending death itself? He'll strangle it until it agrees to go away. A fire breathing dragon? A fire breathing giant that's the son of a god? Dead and dead. A hydra whose heads grow back double if you cut one off? You get the idea.

Sure, he killed not one but two of his wives and families in fits of insanity caused by a goddess, but you can't really hold that against him. And he eventually went on to become a god himself. Just don't trust him with anything of particular value.

Don't worry, we will force him to wear clothing when he's around. Apparently there are no images of him where he's decent.

Team Trial by Combat Champion: Heracles/Hercules

@Beef Invictus Need your stables cleaned?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm actually kind of shocked this guy hasn't been picked for anything yet. So now to name our trial by combat champion.

You're sending a lion in? No worries, he'll kill it and skin it. Got a giant that can't be killed while touching the ground? Fine, he'll pick him up and choke him to death. Sending death itself? He'll strangle it until it agrees to go away. A fire breathing dragon? A fire breathing giant that's the son of a god? Dead and dead. A hydra whose heads grow back double if you cut one off? You get the idea.

Sure, he killed not one but two of his wives and families in fits of insanity caused by a goddess, but you can't really hold that against him. And he eventually went on to become a god himself. Just don't trust him with anything of particular value.

Don't worry, we will force him to wear clothing when he's around. Apparently there are no images of him where he's decent.

Team Trial by Combat Champion: Heracles/Hercules

@Beef Invictus Need your stables cleaned?

Pick a spelling and stick with it.

Solid pick

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Busy ajgoal! Exotic ajgoal! Safe ajgoal!

The Mutineers need a trainer, so the trainer is what is being drafted with this draft pick in this draft.

The trainer picked is:

YODA

200w.gif

Centuries of training the bodies and mind of Jedi knights and masters has left him perhaps overqualified to get several hockey players in shape to do hockey. Check out this workout routine:

yoda-swing.gif

RelievedCoarseKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

NaturalFamiliarAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

And, he has a modern view of hockey:

c79e1796d824c5cde70ff73d2be6ff249ba99acc.gifv

And sure, under his arrogant and complacent stewardship the Jedi Order fell into poor habits and their own ruin, but that just means he has a lot more free time now. And he probably learned something from that, unlike certain AVs.

@BernieParent ! Violet Bernie! Fresh Bernie! Amusing Bernie!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks will once again add to their FutureHeads line-up with the selection of -- from Leksands IF of the SHL -- defenseman Lian Bichsel.

iu

"Bichsel's size (6’5.5″, 225 lbs) is obviously his first noticeable asset but he is also a good skater with above-average straight-line speed, but he needs to work on pivots and recovery speed. He has a strong and powerful slap shot and he moves well laterally in order to open up shooting lanes, while his stickhandling and puck poise will be areas to improve. Bichsel's defensive game is strong and he makes good use of his size and long reach."

"We happily cede the drafting microphone to @JojoTheWhale."

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

The Mutineers need a trainer, so the trainer is what is being drafted with this draft pick in this draft.

The trainer picked is:

YODA

200w.gif

Centuries of training the bodies and mind of Jedi knights and masters has left him perhaps overqualified to get several hockey players in shape to do hockey. Check out this workout routine:

yoda-swing.gif

RelievedCoarseKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

NaturalFamiliarAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

And, he has a modern view of hockey:

c79e1796d824c5cde70ff73d2be6ff249ba99acc.gifv

And sure, under his arrogant and complacent stewardship the Jedi Order fell into poor habits and their own ruin, but that just means he has a lot more free time now. And he probably learned something from that, unlike certain AVs.

@BernieParent ! Violet Bernie! Fresh Bernie! Amusing Bernie!
Yoda is Disney? What is the ruling.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

The trainer picked is:

YODA

Centuries of training the bodies and mind of Jedi knights and masters has left him perhaps overqualified to get several hockey players in shape to do hockey.

It's a great idea, but ...

"No one already taken or from anything already taken can be chosen UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE THE F***ING THING, OBVIOUSLY."

This is a CATEGORY TWO category. Please replace that pick. @Rebels57 also has to replace his last pick. After brunch. Such a wasteoid.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We have a lot of make-up picks to make up if we want our tables to be fresh. Farm to table. Farm fresh.

cf5.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

Roosters are ostensibly there to keep the chickens safe and in order, innit. From a farmer's perspective, that is. From goaltender Charles Darwin's perspective, they are there to procreate and help the species survive. I guess. I'm not a f***ing scientist, and that netminder is super dead, so I can't ask him. I was going to say that he isn't even coming to the Quackverse, but it turns out that MacGruber took him on as his historical figure, so I'll have to ask him when we get there. We have good relations (phrasing) with the Ghibli, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, roosters are dickheads. This one here seems to think he can intimidate me. I'd like to slap him, but they are so useless that it might kill him, so I can't. I actually care about the rest of the chickens, embarrassingly, so I have to tolerate him. So he can protect them and keep them in order and procreate. Even though his babies all end up in the frying pan. I still don't understand why the eggs don't turn into baby chickens, but I'm not a f***ing scientist, innit. You know who else is a c***? Geoff Shreeves, that's who.

Well, whatever. TERRARIA!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's a great idea, but ...

"No one already taken or from anything already taken can be chosen UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE THE F***ING THING, OBVIOUSLY."

This is a CATEGORY TWO category. Please replace that pick. @Rebels57 also has to replace his last pick. After brunch. Such a wasteoid.
So I thought. Taken Yoda I would have, otherwise.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We don't have to be in any hurry with this phase in general, since we are just getting back into the swing of this, but especially since this is a Sunday, I don't want anyone feeling any pressure to rush or anything. Take your time and take it easy and enjoy the dying gasps of your weekend.
thats-bait-mad-max.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The Toads had their anthem and singer all worked out. We contemplated it for a while and thought we had an excellent match between song and singer only to do a search and find out that whoever created the 'Soul Cats' had sniped our singer:(

Alas we pivot to Pre-Game Hype song. For this selection we decided on 'Bad Habit' by the Offspring.

@Young Sandwich stop playing around and just pick one
gimp.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Sexpos had a loophole selection all ready to go for a trial by combat champion. Even DM'd Cap to confirm the holiness of the loop before dropping the pick. He reluctantly approved and immediately made his distaste for this person known. A badass combatant that my rival hates? Sounds perfect to me.

Then I came here to write up the post and an even better choice happened to pop into my head. A better choice for both trial by combat and rivalry reasons. A beautiful woman with snakes for hair that could turn you to stone with one glance.

dfbb3d23672221.56326d51bcbbc.jpg

Team Trial by Combat Champion - Medusa

Hey @mja , why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! What'd ya say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad