NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Victory!? Getting the Burns pumpkin remains my greatest triumph.

It's the best, right? Glorious victory. Gaze upon the spoils and quake in terror.

image.png

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu Ghibli uncomfortably wink at our next Futurehead......Seamus Casey (D)

seamus-casey.jpg

Plucked from the NTDP, Seamus makes for our 3rd skilled puck mover in a row (back to back 5'10 smol bois), but that's okay, because we're not subject to Earth Prime's nincompoop fit picks.

Elusive doesn't even begin to describe Casey's short area game. He has some of the best feet in the class, with the confidence to match (arguably too much, but that's a better scenario than the opposite). He's a nightmare to cover in tight spaces, with his twitchiness and edge work and hands and body fakes. It allows him to create transition and o-zone plays out of nothing. He could stand to work on his straight line speed; he's in that "more quick than fast" category of skaters. Defensively, it's about managing passive tendencies in the neutral zone. But in the defensive zone, he's adept at keeping close gaps and pressure.

Oh, and he's from Florida. Just sayin'.

After a short 4 days, @Captain Dave Poulin is finally back on the clock!

82d.gif

Last edited:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Get hyped y'all.

We are pleased to be able to nab one of the greatest pieces of music ever written. It is a glaring oversight that neither this piece nor its creator have been claimed. This will play immediately after the completion of our yet-to-be announced anthem. Too many times, the song played here needs to be cut short, reducing its value in this role. Not so this piece, which is short enough to not take much more time than is needed for the players to get set, yet also carries on the theme of impending doom for the opposing players.

Team Hype Song: Also sprach Zarathustra, Sonnenaufgang/Sunrise (Strauss)

@Beef Invictus I feel like the child will play this piece over and over once she is introduced to it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Get hyped y'all.

We are pleased to be able to nab one of the greatest pieces of music ever written. It is a glaring oversight that neither this piece nor its creator have been claimed. This will play immediately after the completion of our yet-to-be announced anthem. Too many times, the song played here needs to be cut short, reducing its value in this role. Not so this piece, which is short enough to not take much more time than is needed for the players to get set, yet also carries on the theme of impending doom for the opposing players.

Team Hype Song: Also sprach Zarathustra, Sonnenaufgang/Sunrise (Strauss)

@Beef Invictus I feel like the child will play this piece over and over once she is introduced to it.

Who is going to sing it though?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Clear ajgoal! Symptomatic ajgoal! Cooing ajgoal!

The Mutineers now select our Trial By Combat champion. I had many ideas from Real History for this, but upon seeing this dude was unselected I figured I had to go for it.

MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

main-qimg-e7985ede3d997619309debda650fc14e-lq

A highly successful general in Marcus Aurelius' fierce wars along the Danube, this general personally took part in combat. His skills were so considerable that after he was betrayed and fell into slavery as a gladiator, he won match after match against increasingly impossible odds until he actually killed the weirdo emperor Commodus and returned Rome to its former status as a Republic, which is definitely completely real and what every noted historian would agree is exactly what happened; without even once quibbling over the nature of power in the Principate.

He also wore a cool helmet once, and he always hoped that we are entertained. And as a Roman he was well-bathed, which is nice because my alternate choice was famously filthy.

@BernieParent ! Unhealthy Bernie! Abashed Bernie! Irate Bernie!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

The Mutineers now select our Trial By Combat champion. I had many ideas from Real History for this, but upon seeing this dude was unselected I figured I had to go for it.

MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

A highly successful general in Marcus Aurelius' fierce wars along the Danube, this general personally took part in combat. His skills were so considerable that after he was betrayed and fell into slavery as a gladiator, he won match after match against increasingly impossible odds until he actually killed the weirdo emperor Commodus and returned Rome to its former status as a Republic, which is definitely completely real and what every noted historian would agree is exactly what happened; without even once quibbling over the nature of power in the Principate.

He also wore a cool helmet once, and he always hoped that we are entertained. And as a Roman he was well-bathed, which is nice because my alternate choice was famously filthy.

This is a disappointing selection.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

You know he died in his “trial by combat,” right?

Horrible choice.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"Returning to the matter of filling out our Futureheads, the Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to select, from the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL, centre Nathan Gaucher.

nathan-gaucher-2022-5180.jpg

"Gaucher is touted as an all-situations, two-way, reliable centre, as well as many many more hockey clichés. But he can score, too, with 20 goals and 31 points in 44 games last season and 31 points in 30 games the season before. He's also a big boy at 6'3" 207 lbs, meaning that if we ever return to Earth Prime (shudder!) we feel confident we can make out very well in a trade with more than half of the NHL GMs."

Now onto a poster who needs no introduction, methods, results, or discussion because his key data are always in the abstract, @JojoTheWhale.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Speaking of abstract, I heard the word "retribution" a few minutes ago, and this was the first thing I thought of:

"WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL. WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL. WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL."

BabyishPositiveElk-size_restricted.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

I had another dream about that Chinese dating show last night. It didn't have a happy ending (phrasing), obviously, but it was cool. This show is so powerfully real that it invades your sleeping mind. I'd like to see "How They Made That" do that. More like "How They Made Me Bored," amirite? I only have one more episode left, but then there is a whole nuther second season to enjoy. So I am set for a while, as long as I don't get destroyed by the end of this first season. They have been making good decisions so far, so I am cautiously optimistic that I will survive emotionally.

Hit this and get fired up to pick.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
All these poor hockey players have no idea that hockey isn’t even going to exist in the Quackverse. It’s just too stupid. Thankfully real sports, like beer pong, cricket, curling and competitive eating, will be allowed.

You are going to be sorely disappointed if you think competitive eating is going to be allowed in the Quackverse. First of all, it is even stupider than hockey. Secondly, and more importantly, we don't have enough food to be wasting it on that stupid shit. Your point about hockey stands, though, obviously.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Speaking of abstract, I heard the word "retribution" a few minutes ago, and this was the first thing I thought of:

"WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL. WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL. WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL."

BabyishPositiveElk-size_restricted.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

I had another dream about that Chinese dating show last night. It didn't have a happy ending (phrasing), obviously, but it was cool. This show is so powerfully real that it invades your sleeping mind. I'd like to see "How They Made That" do that. More like "How They Made Me Bored," amirite? I only have one more episode left, but then there is a whole nuther second season to enjoy. So I am set for a while, as long as I don't get destroyed by the end of this first season. They have been making good decisions so far, so I am cautiously optimistic that I will survive emotionally.

Hit this and get fired up to pick.

The Methgators team band are honored to be featured in your daily morning post!

You are going to be sorely disappointed if you think competitive eating is going to be allowed in the Quackverse. First of all, it is even stupider than hockey. Secondly, and more importantly, we don't have enough food to be wasting it on that stupid shit. Your point about hockey stands, though, obviously.
Fair enough, though @Beef Invictus may be disappointed

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Right. Big swings.

When you watch Futurehead David Goyette skate, you can see the speed skating training and the influence of an Olympic sprinter as a track coach. But it's skill at speed and in close quarters that separate the smaller, faster playmaker archetypes that make it from those who don't.

Rather than a breakdown of his transition play or explaining how well his scoring projects at his age, I will choose to provide all of you kind folks with this one play.

It got me at first. I thought it was a normal rebound. That's a pass.

@Asnito I'd make a pass at you any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad