NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Connor McDavid: It's late, I'm busy and two people who clearly aren't qualified are petitioning me to draft them.

bb1ok25ctkwy.jpg

Connor: Help!

No kitties, no etsy plug, nothing but the Chimpanzees selecting Danila Yurov.

danila-yurov-2021-5027.jpg

@CanadianFlyer88 , help me! But also pick! But help me!
I'll help you with the kitties.
IMG_20220719_162525789.jpg

IMG_20220803_004342782.jpg

IMG_20220806_145520165.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So many kitties. This thread just got a whole lot better.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @Young Sandwich on the clock, @Asnito on deck, @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck, and Bernie on the lido afterdeck.

Guess what? It turns out I haven't quite gotten Terraria out of my system yet. I was building a new world and had everything in place, but then when I entered hardmode I got royally screwed by the spread of the corruption and hallow and couldn't find a solution. So I started another new world. I was cruising along, but the f***ing dungeon is all sprawled to the side like I have never seen before. It's pretty f***ed. I may have to start a new world again.

So enjoy this banger while I sort it out.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Though it may seem a bit out of character for us, The Sexpos would like to thank @Captain Dave Poulin for refraining from calling us perverts in this morning's diatribe. We've worked hard to fight the stigma we've been attached to since the early days of this draft. Now onto our selection.

Dyck-1200x675.png

Futurehead - Tyson Dyck

Suck on that one @Asnito

giphy.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
For our team trainer we are going with a proven track record of training, he was an instructor since age 14. Our trainer would face down any competitor no matter the size and IMO is pound for pound the badest MOFO we have ever seen, none other the Royce Gracie.

@JojoTheWhale post a pic of that beautiful pup and then make a pick.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks, Jojo. There is not a post of yours in which I would not be honoured of which to be a part. To take a break from the whole Futurehead thing, let's take care of Team Trainer.

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to select Mr. Miyagi.

giphy.gif

"In addition to rigorous physical and mental training, the players and staff will benefit from Mr. Miyagi's example of discipline and honour. Our home stadium will also be the best-waxed of the entire QuackVerse league."

I pass to @Beef Invictus for his next selection. Awkward adjective Beef. Even more awkward adjective Beef. Less awkward and somewhat applicable adjective Beef.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thanks, Jojo. There is not a post of yours in which I would not be honoured of which to be a part. To take a break from the whole Futurehead thing, let's take care of Team Trainer.

View attachment 576393

"In addition to rigorous physical and mental training, the players and staff will benefit from Mr. Miyagi's example of discipline and honour. Our home stadium will also be the best-waxed of the entire QuackVerse league."

I pass to @Beef Invictus for his next selection. Awkward adjective Beef. Even more awkward adjective Beef. Less awkward and somewhat applicable adjective Beef.

Thank you Bernie! Careless Bernie! Ubiquitous Bernie! Sufficient Bernie!

For the pick that I make now, I select:

ALEX BUMP

1660237524764.png

Bump was taken in the 5th round by Muck Flomgin. Muck once drafted Kaprizov in the 5th round.

Now UP: @ajgoal ! Deep ajgoal! Tight ajgoal! Cheerful ajgoal!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

View attachment 576393

Ice surface finished by hand. Longest intermissions ever.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu Ghibli select as our next Team Futurehead......Vladimir Grudinin (D)

vladimirgrudinin.jpeg

Selecting Russian league defenders usually works out well *tongue rips hole through cheek*. But Grudinin already exists outside the usual archetypes, so let's give 'er a go. He's in that small grouping of undersized 2-way defenders (even at 160lbs) that are transition wizards and hyper-efficient flow passers (Grzelcyk?). His offensive upside probably falls short of high-end, but there is legitimate PP2 upside and 1-on-1 ability. It might be more a case of extracting the skill he clearly possesses. His footwork and change of direction are phenomenal, in tandem with his puck handles.

He's a real life Carolina Hurricane because of course he is. Speaking of hurricanes....... @Hurricane28

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Honolulu Ghibli select as our next Team Futurehead......Vladimir Grudinin (D)

vladimirgrudinin.jpeg

Selecting Russian league defenders usually works out well *tongue rips hole through cheek*. But Grudinin already exists outside the usual archetypes, so let's give 'er a go. He's in that small grouping of undersized 2-way defenders (even at 160lbs) that are transition wizards and hyper-efficient flow passers (Grzelcyk?). His offensive upside probably falls short of high-end, but there is legitimate PP2 upside and 1-on-1 ability. It might be more a case of extracting the skill he clearly possesses. His footwork and change of direction are phenomenal, in tandem with his puck handles.

He's a real life Carolina Hurricane because of course he is. Speaking of hurricanes....... @Hurricane28

Lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You know who isn't staying fresh right now? NFL offensive linemen. Those guys stink.

smell-anime.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @GKJ on deck, and the moron on the lido deck with a pair before we swing back up the order. @Hurricane28 has a bunch of picks to make up again.

I had another dream about the Chinese dating show last night, but I don't remember it. I think that is because my morning yesterday was f***ed up. The internet was down for about three hours, so I couldn't get in Terraria for prime gameplay time. I didn't panic about the internet, because this company is very good - they are local and understand how important customer service is, so they always answer questions really quickly. Plus, there are almost never any issues - they are a Godsend. It turns out that they were just updating their software and equipment, and they came out to install new gear on the house. The signal is slightly stronger and the whole thing is slightly faster than before, so it was all worth it.

The problem is that I am jonesing hard to get in the game, so enjoy your day while I do that.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Dammit, this is what I get for working. Excellent pick @BernieParent.

I guess I'll fall back on this one. A brilliant teacher and an excellent martial artist in his own right. His guidance will ensure that our forces, er, players, only use their abilities for good. If he can teach turtles how to fight, he should excel at teaching humans.

Splinter_%28David_Petersen%27s_art%29.jpg

Team Trainer: Splinter

@Captain Dave Poulin I owe a second one?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I guess I'll fall back on this one. A brilliant teacher and an excellent martial artist in his own right. His guidance will ensure that our forces, er, players, only use their abilities for good. If he can teach turtles how to fight, he should excel at teaching humans.

Yosh, one more.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

SHIT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That’s a hell of a pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad