NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I had an idea for a phase. Maybe it's great, maybe everyone will hate it.

"The Troll Phase."

The phase would need to have one fewer category than we have owners. We would use pre-existing categories. For each category, you need to pick one of the owners and assign them a trollish pick - like we did for "fictional owner." The catch is you have to select a different owner for each category, AND the owner can't have been given something for that category from anyone else. We replace their thing with this other thing but only when they play our team, or some nonsense like that. I thought about using rivals, but some teams have multiple incoming rivals and some have none, and the chance of getting sniped on two options makes things a bit more interesting.

Maybe it would be fun, but maybe it would be too much to keep track of.

I thought making us pick ASMR artists was the "troll phase".

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Looks like racism is still a huge problem in America, specifically in Philadelphia.

chinese-baby.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock. mja said to skip him, so @Asnito is on deck, I am on the lido deck, and @Chuck Downie is on the lido afterdeck. I am excited to drop my pick like an atom bomb on your collective ass.

I've got two new shows for you to watch. One of them is called "Office Romance" - it's perfect, except for the fact that it's hard to find unless you have a subscription to Viki. The other one is called "Between Love and Friendship." They found a group of four guy friends and four girl friends and put them in a house together to see how they would handle the tension as close friends fall for the same people. It's only six episodes, so it shouldn't exhaust you, even if you are weak. If you don't watch it, you are wasting your life. No pressure.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Quick pick here.

I thought @JojoTheWhale sniped me earlier, but I'm only now realizing his pick was for Team Tree, not Team Apple, and that I should be in the clear.

c3f011b100155fba47fa62025bfe6637--italian-art-renaissance-art.jpg

We needed a truly disastrous apple, and can think of no finer candidate than Eve's Apple, the sinful eating of which led to mankind being expelled from the Garden of Eden and into a lifetime of misery as a Flyers fan. Also, snakes are the worst, amirite Cap?

We can only hope that we can rediscover a new Eden in the Quackverse.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Quick pick here.

I thought @JojoTheWhale sniped me earlier, but I'm only now realizing his pick was for Team Tree, not Team Apple, and that I should be in the clear.

We needed a truly disastrous apple, and can think of no finer candidate than Eve's Apple, the sinful eating of which led to mankind being expelled from the Garden of Eden and into a lifetime of misery as a Flyers fan. Also, snakes are the worst, amirite Cap?

Nooooooooo. The reverse snipe! I was going to loophole this into picking a Fig as my Apple. :laugh:

The story goes that the Hebrew Bible simply calls it a peri, which is a generic term for a hanging fruit. Hebrews have called it everything from a fig to a grape. When St. Jerome translated it into Latin, he called it a malus. That was also a generic word for hanging fruit. As best we can tell, he chose that because it’s the Latin word for both “apple” and “evil.”

TLDR; It’s a Dad Joke.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Nooooooooo. The reverse snipe! I was going to loophole this into picking a Fig as my Apple. :laugh:

The story goes that the Hebrew Bible simply calls it a peri, which is a generic term for a hanging fruit. Hebrews have called it everything from a fig to a grape. When St. Jerome translated it into Latin, he called it a malus. That was also a generic word for hanging fruit. As best we can tell, he chose that because the Latin word for both “apple” and “evil.”

TLDR; It’s a Dad Joke.
Nice Ghostbusters reference there with Saint Jerome.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Quick pick here.

Good to see I am getting through to you people. :cool:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You know how old I am? I am so old that I remember when IBM sold actual computer machines to normal people.

522bbde725a9034a1797334aa9c12ddc6895e2fcr1-540-230_hq.gif

We start the day with @Asnito on the clock, me on deck, @Chuck Downie on the lido deck, and Starberry on the lido afterdeck. @Rebels57 can go when and if he sobers up.

Things are really heating up ahead of the final episode of "Between Love and Friendship." I am sure you already know that from watching, since only two of you are dense enough and three of you are high enough to miss out on the opportunity to experience it yourselves.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Right, so I had no idea what to do for this ASMR category - I thought I'd just leave it for last and pick a girl singer whose voice soothes me. Or something.

But then I had a brain cloud - what is a more relaxing, hilarious sound than quacking? A couple of Youtubes later I had my answer.

Team ASMR Artist - Japanese ASMR Ducks

@Chuck Downie

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Team children's toy

Webkinz

Because I'm that young. They were those stuffed animals with codes that let you "take care of" them online. I got over the online part pretty fast but this little guy was my most prized and cherished toy for a significant chunk of my childhood regardless:
View attachment 728134

@Striiker
There’s no way you’re young enough that your childhood toy was web interactive. Jesus.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Did you see that tool shed on the side of the field at the All-Star Game? The one with the three massive tools and Big Papi? Yeesh.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and Hollywood on the lido afterdeck with two choices to choose. Rebel and Asnito can make up their make-up picks whenever they so choose and are mentally capable.

I don't have big plans for today, but one thing I am going to try to avoid is the sound of Brad Gilbert's stupid voice. I'm also going to try to decide on my favorite commercials in two categories: musical and non-musical. For non-musical, I am pretty sure it is the one with the big woman spackling Lume stink cream on her armpits, leg fat and butt crack with a giant paddle. For musical, it has to be the one with my favorite current pop song:

"Oh, oh, oh, Ozempic! You know!"

But there's also the Pepto diarrhea ditty, so it is going to take some deep thought.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
NEW BLUEY ON DISNEY+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluey-dance-mode.gif
You're the second person to post about this that I've seen today.

Team children's toy

Webkinz

Because I'm that young. They were those stuffed animals with codes that let you "take care of" them online. I got over the online part pretty fast but this little guy was my most prized and cherished toy for a significant chunk of my childhood regardless:
View attachment 728134

@Striiker
ahyAoNO.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad