NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Normal or goofy Thanksgiving?
1688579424584.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It feels like the Quackverse is buffering. Hello? Bueller? Hello?

frustration-me.gif

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock, @Young Sandwich on deck with two gross choices probably involving dildos, then back through Dancing Pants to @pit on the lido pit, and BiggE on the lido afterbong.

It finally rained yesterday - not substantially, but normally, more than the super infrequent piss driblets we've gotten so far this year - so there is a chance that East Buttf*** will survive. Not a huge chance, but a chance. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Team Children's Toy: THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE TRAINS

thomas_wooden_railway_layout_2_by_rwstidmouth15_dfv4i6k-pre.jpg

From age 1 to like 12 I must have built 10000 unique tracks. I had 3 totes of these things. Santa would bring me unique items like a 8 car station which hooked up to a turntable track switch thing, various bridges (one was a big 4 lane one), a double decker straightway, a water tower, and a amtrak style train station where you can record your voice. @Appleyard After coming back from London I recorded it saying "Mind the gap. Stand clear of the door." I was like 6.

I'd build these things on boxes and under furniture and I'd use wooden blocks and upside down bowls, everything. Shit was tite

@Young Sandwich you're up

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He's so gross.

Listen, I have a question. Do people only give to GoFundMe as 1) part of an investment or 2) charity for people who are ailing, or is it used sometimes as, like, patronage of artists, i.e. donations?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Literal vegetables, please.
So like not tomatoes

He's so gross.

Listen, I have a question. Do people only give to GoFundMe as 1) part of an investment or 2) charity for people who are ailing, or is it used sometimes as, like, patronage of artists, i.e. donations?
Yes, Patreon is more of a "support my career path" type of thing. YouTube creators for example use patreon

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The plats will select GARLIC as our team vegetable. It is the superior vegetable clearly, for non-nutritional reasons of course.

I'd also like to express our disappointment that ginger will be making its way to the QV. Ginger is vile @Beef Invictus

@pit it's you again

Ginger is literally the fruit version of garlic. They are the same.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
You could, but I think they might be a fruit? If they aren't you can.
Vegetables are a real moving target. When I want to be pedantic, I'll argue that there's really no such thing, as it's all some other part of a plant: leaves, stems, roots, etc. A simple line to draw is, "any edible non-reproductive portion of a plant," but that can blur the line with herbs and ginger. For our purposes, it's probably best to say, "any edible part of a non-tree," and leave it at that.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Vegetables are a real moving target. When I want to be pedantic, I'll argue that there's really no such thing, as it's all some other part of a plant: leaves, stems, roots, etc. A simple line to draw is, "any edible non-reproductive portion of a plant," but that can blur the line with herbs and ginger. For our purposes, it's probably best to say, "any edible part of a non-tree," and leave it at that.
Agreed, Christopher Reeve certainly falls under the "any edible part of a non-tree" definition.

*This is not a protest, so please do not take this away from Chuck.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Your definition is literally the scientific description of a vegetable. Herbs are vegetables. The only difference, colloquially, is the amount we eat. Herbs have a strong/pungent flavor so we just sprinkle it in our food, since eating a bunch of it would be gross. Or a little bit of it, like ginger.

Botanically, a vegetable is any edible, non-flower derived (i.e. fruit) part of a plant.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Peppers and peas are fruits, so whoever picked them are going to have to re-pick then

It's notable that there are botanical vegetables, and culinary vegetables. Take for instance, BREADFRUIT. A thing the Mutineers considered taking, for obvious reasons. It is a botanical fruit, but a culinary vegetable. I should think that the culinary aspect is what matters most.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It's notable that there are botanical vegetables, and culinary vegetables. Take for instance, BREADFRUIT. A thing the Mutineers considered taking, for obvious reasons. It is a botanical fruit, but a culinary vegetable. I should think that the culinary aspect is what matters most.
I was told the most notable culinary vegetable, the tomato, was off limits because it is indeed a fruit

No you don't understand
No amount of malt vinegar saves ginger. None. Wretched wroot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad