NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
As we wait for @Beef Invictus to finish his deep deep thinking, I’m going to regale you all with my absolutely insane travel itinerary for the next 24 hours.

My lovely wife impulsively decided to book a surprise family vacation on an island in the Atlantic off the coast of France. Sounds amazing, right?

It will be I’m sure, but getting there is going to be a veritable odyssey and one of the most bewildering experiences of my life. My wife and daughter are already there and I’m on the way with a couple of (pre)teen boys to join them.

So far, my dad dropped us off at 30th St. and we took the NE regional to EWR. A quick ride on a tram and we’re here waiting for our flight to Paris. A couple hours all told. Not too bad, right?

Well, here’s what the rest of the journey looks like:

Once we land, we have to get moving right away. Airport to train station via commuter train and a subway - about 40 minutes. Then a two hour train ride, then a two hour bus ride, then an hour long ferry ride, and finally we’ve arrived, only then we’ll have to f***ing bike the last 2 kilometers because that’s how one gets around on this island. It’ll be around 10 o’clock at night local time when I finally get to collapse in a heap.

When I complained about this - lightly, with a resigned chuckle - she laughed at me like a mischievous toddler.

Oh, I do love her so.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you Magua! Stippled Magua! Sensory Magua! Wrinkled Magua!

Sorry for the delay. I spent a lot of time thinking. Then I forgot to pick because I was playing with Legos by myself.

Endangered! Animal!

KOMODO DRAGON

komodo_dragon-1050x700.jpg

Komodo Dragons can swallow boars whole. Just tip it back. They will climb halfway up a tree so gravity will let the boar just shloop on down. Or they'll use the tree to push it down their throat. They're gloriously lazy. They don't have venom or anything, but they have bacteria. So they'll law around until something wanders within easy range, and they bite it. The animal slowly gets sick and dies while the Komodo follows it around at leisure. They eat deer, and also anything they just find laying around. They try to eat humans. I'll feed them a deer during intermission shows to please the crowds.

@

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Thank you Magua! Stippled Magua! Sensory Magua! Wrinkled Magua!

Sorry for the delay. I spent a lot of time thinking. Then I forgot to pick because I was playing with Legos by myself.

Endangered! Animal!

KOMODO DRAGON

komodo_dragon-1050x700.jpg

Komodo Dragons can swallow boars whole. Just tip it back. They will climb halfway up a tree so gravity will let the boar just shloop on down. Or they'll use the tree to push it down their throat. They're gloriously lazy. They don't have venom or anything, but they have bacteria. So they'll law around until something wanders within easy range, and they bite it. The animal slowly gets sick and dies while the Komodo follows it around at leisure. They eat deer, and also anything they just find laying around. They try to eat humans. I'll feed them a deer during intermission shows to please the crowds.

@
My brother and his friends did a march madness style "if these 2 animals would fight, who would win" and set it out to a Twitter vote and Komodos were bounced in the first round. Preposterous. I was heated.

As we wait for @Beef Invictus to finish his deep deep thinking, I’m going to regale you all with my absolutely insane travel itinerary for the next 24 hours.

My lovely wife impulsively decided to book a surprise family vacation on an island in the Atlantic off the coast of France. Sounds amazing, right?

It will be I’m sure, but getting there is going to be a veritable odyssey and one of the most bewildering experiences of my life. My wife and daughter are already there and I’m on the way with a couple of (pre)teen boys to join them.

So far, my dad dropped us off at 30th St. and we took the NE regional to EWR. A quick ride on a tram and we’re here waiting for our flight to Paris. A couple hours all told. Not too bad, right?

Well, here’s what the rest of the journey looks like:

Once we land, we have to get moving right away. Airport to train station via commuter train and a subway - about 40 minutes. Then a two hour train ride, then a two hour bus ride, then an hour long ferry ride, and finally we’ve arrived, only then we’ll have to f***ing bike the last 2 kilometers because that’s how one gets around on this island. It’ll be around 10 o’clock at night local time when I finally get to collapse in a heap.

When I complained about this - lightly, with a resigned chuckle - she laughed at me like a mischievous toddler.

Oh, I do love her so.
Now I have to ask. Did she do the same thing?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My brother and his friends did a march madness style "if these 2 animals would fight, who would win" and set it out to a Twitter vote and Komodos were bounced in the first round. Preposterous. I was heated.

They're an apex predator. They're idiotically dangerous.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

No, she was already in France for work. She only had to do train, bus, ferry.
On the train now, which we very nearly didn’t make. My youngest is being a trooper but his superpower is complaining and it’s gone exactly how I envisioned it would. Meanwhile, she keeps sending me videos of her and our daughter on the beach. She was nice and found us a cab for tonight once we’re on the island though. I do love her so.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG Team Slow Dance Song

Wild Horses by The Sundays

For me its one of those examples of a cover possibly outshining an excellent original. Its also the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding. Fittingly, today is lead singer Harriet Wheeler's 60th birthday.

@mja

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
FOG Team Slow Dance Song

Wild Horses by The Sundays

For me its one of those examples of a cover possibly outshining an excellent original. Its also the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding. Fittingly, today is lead singer Harriet Wheeler's 60th birthday.

@mja

I love her to pieces. I saw them in 1994. Check out these vocals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad