NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think this will be a common denominator on the slow dance picks for us married fellas. If for no other reason than fear of castration if the wives ever found out.
1687902562082.gif

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
To all,

We officially found out the gender of Baby #2 yesterday.

Thatcher Venmo is going to be getting a sister. The name poll will be put up sometime over the next few months.

P.S. @Starat327 send me a PM about the damn shadow box so I can actually get serious about it since not only are our children betrothed to each other there’s a possibility that the girls may be besties.

Oh, I already sold two games for the Flyers season.
Fantastic, congrats!!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To all,

We officially found out the gender of Baby #2 yesterday.

Thatcher Venmo is going to be getting a sister. The name poll will be put up sometime over the next few months.

P.S. @Starat327 send me a PM about the damn shadow box so I can actually get serious about it since not only are our children betrothed to each other there’s a possibility that the girls may be besties.

Oh, I already sold two games for the Flyers season.

Beef Invicta is a good name.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We have a “Celebrity Pick” being made here….

HCette is proud to select the Official Team ASMR Artist for the Las Vegas Desert Ducks. She is someone that partakes in the ASMR world so naturally I had to ask her opinion on the subject.

So without further adieu we select WhispersRed.

Per HCette’s scouting report she was a must pick “because she’s British.”

WQYcYkZ3NCpld9BgmtS47xA5MMb-LbTuTIlAbEocf2GJUph8eYpx7WdrtD9MWuciE_lSd1Af=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
With our next selection we are going to turn our attention to the Team Extinct/Endangered Animal category.

HCette is going to be making this pick also.

So we’re going to select Elephants.

Per HCette this pick was made because “Roll Tide.”

@BernieParent you’re up again my friend.

I haven’t checked if either of these picks are available but YOLO.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
With our next selection we are going to turn our attention to the Team Extinct/Endangered Animal category.

HCette is going to be making this pick also.

So we’re going to select Elephants.

Per HCette this pick was made because “Roll Tide.”

@BernieParent you’re up again my friend.

I haven’t checked if either of these picks are available but YOLO.

I want you to please ask her directly if she thinks that my pick of the black-footed ferret is awesome or super awesome.

BFFMARINARI_FWS_IMG_0720-2-.JPG

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I want you to please ask her directly if she thinks that my pick of the black-footed ferret is awesome or super awesome.

BFFMARINARI_FWS_IMG_0720-2-.JPG
“I think it’s just awesome. He’s kinda just sitting there doing nothing. It would be super awesome if he was driving a car or like fighting a snake or something.” -HCette

She laughed when I said “oh he’ll love that. He hates snakes too.”

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
“I think it’s just awesome. He’s kinda just sitting there doing nothing. It would be super awesome if he was driving a car or like fighting a snake or something.” -HCette

She laughed when I said “oh he’ll love that. He hates snakes too.”

I do love that. I do hate snakes. Tell her about all my mongooses in my compound that she can play with when you guys come over for drinks and pistachios and game night.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You can recognize an individual of taste and intellect who uses the term "mongooses" and not "mongeese".

"For individuals who know us and our ... err, eating hesitations, our next selection will be mind-boggling. The owners of the Halifax Galleons are surprised at ourselves by selecting corn as our Team Vegetable.

iu

"Why is this so puzzling? We do not like eating corn. Not its flavour, not its texture, not its smell, and especially not the way it aggressively invades the spaces between one's teeth. No sir, don't invite us to your next corn roast. Although we know that we are in the minority opinion on this point as corn is the third largest plant-based food source in the world. It is high in dietary fibre and rich in antioxidants, but its protein is of poor quality, and it is deficient in niacin.

"What we do like is most everything else about corn. First, as a biofuel: corn is the main source of ethanol in the United States. Second, as a source of cooking products including corn oil, corn starch, and corn syrup. Corn oil has also been incorporated into soaps, paints, and inks, as well as in the production of certain insecticides. Third, corn can be fermented to make alcohols such as bourbon and whiskey. Fourth, corn flour is a versatile and gluten-free product used in the preparation of breads, cakes, tortillas, arepas, tamales, puddings, polenta, breakfast cereals, and everyone's favourite movie-enjoying staple, popcorn; I will name-check this product that has been selected in various forms in previous drafting rounds.

"Even the nonedible portions are useful. Corn stalks are made into paper and wallboard; husks are used as filling material; cobs are used directly for fuel, to make charcoal, and in the preparation of industrial solvents. Plus, the very act of growing corn is a source of entertainment, from the construction of mazes to really bad Stephen King movies. Name another vegetable that is associated with the fear that only scary-eyed cult children can evoke.

"Those who have ears, let them hear @GKJ's next draft selection."

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
You can recognize an individual of taste and intellect who uses the term "mongooses" and not "mongeese".

"For individuals who know us and our ... err, eating hesitations, our next selection will be mind-boggling. The owners of the Halifax Galleons are surprised at ourselves by selecting corn as our Team Vegetable.

iu

"Why is this so puzzling? We do not like eating corn. Not its flavour, not its texture, not its smell, and especially not the way it aggressively invades the spaces between one's teeth. No sir, don't invite us to your next corn roast. Although we know that we are in the minority opinion on this point as corn is the third largest plant-based food source in the world. It is high in dietary fibre and rich in antioxidants, but its protein is of poor quality, and it is deficient in niacin.

"What we do like is most everything else about corn. First, as a biofuel: corn is the main source of ethanol in the United States. Second, as a source of cooking products including corn oil, corn starch, and corn syrup. Corn oil has also been incorporated into soaps, paints, and inks, as well as in the production of certain insecticides. Third, corn can be fermented to make alcohols such as bourbon and whiskey. Fourth, corn flour is a versatile and gluten-free product used in the preparation of breads, cakes, tortillas, arepas, tamales, puddings, polenta, breakfast cereals, and everyone's favourite movie-enjoying staple, popcorn; I will name-check this product that has been selected in various forms in previous drafting rounds.

"Even the nonedible portions are useful. Corn stalks are made into paper and wallboard; husks are used as filling material; cobs are used directly for fuel, to make charcoal, and in the preparation of industrial solvents. Plus, the very act of growing corn is a source of entertainment, from the construction of mazes to really bad Stephen King movies. Name another vegetable that is associated with the fear that only scary-eyed cult children can evoke.

"Those who have ears, let them hear @GKJ's next draft selection."
Great pick. There is another vegetable that has a horror movie based on it. Ok it’s a fruit but one that doesn’t fit in a fruit salad

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm taking spinach as my team vegetable. I didn't eat this for basically all of the first 37 years of my life, because I thought spinach was the shitty frozen or steamed shit that smelled bad and made me gag and I refused to eat it as a kid.

Then I started putting it in my smoothies and realize that you can't really taste it.

1687920483903.png

Who knew?

@Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team Extinct Animal – Bald Eagles

bald-eagle-with-american-flag.jpg

You may be thinking "But bald eagles aren't extinct!"

Wrong, you fool.

As we all know, all birds were wiped out a few decades back and were replaced with government drones. The bald eagle is no exception.

I'd pick "all birds" because all of them are obviously extinct, but I think that would be an issue since it was already a category and people took other kinds of extinct birds.

@Strawberry Fields

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had a similar experience to GKJ when it comes to only relatively recently realizing that fresh spinach is nothing like vile frozen spinach. We don't usually have anything in common - like, for example, he's a Flyers fan, and I hate the Flyers - so that's weird.

anime-weird.gif

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields on the clock, @Chuck Downie on deck, my handsome ass on the lido deck, and @Asnito on the lido afterdeck.

I'll see you in all the other threads in a while. Woof.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad