NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My beavers love being wet. It's just their nature. What am I supposed to do, not acknowledge it?

200w.gif

We are getting way out ahead of our skis when it comes to the missing boxes, so I want to say that @Hollywood Cannon, @Rebels57, and @Lord Defect (?) are on the clock, with @mja clear to go as well.

Yosh, lovely rainy day today. I have to hurry and get shit done so I can go get my beaver wet. Don't judge me.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
My beavers love being wet. It's just their nature. What am I supposed to do, not acknowledge it?

200w.gif

We are getting way out ahead of our skis when it comes to the missing boxes, so I want to say that @Hollywood Cannon, @Rebels57, and @Lord Defect (?) are on the clock, with @mja clear to go as well.

Yosh, lovely rainy day today. I have to hurry and get shit done so I can go get my beaver wet. Don't judge me.
It's been 95 and dry here for a month. Send rain pls

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

200w.gif

I will look at this at my earliest convenience.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Been a while since i've made a pick. Insanely busy summer thus far. First world problems, I know.

I'll go with a Card Game by the name of WEREWOLF. It's a fun hidden identity game. Good for parties and gatherings. There are a lot of different versions, but i've played the one below.

1720629917267.png

"Werewolf has it all: mystery, drama, betrayal, and moments that knock you out of your chair laughing. And of course, werewolves! It’s basically the perfect party game. The goal is simple—the werewolves try to eat the villagers (without getting caught), and the villagers try to survive while catching the werewolves in the act. All you need are 7 people and some paper to get the fun going. In this article, we’ll explain how to set up and play the game, plus share a few bonus roles that you can try with your friends once you’ve mastered the art of werewolf hunting"

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Been a while since i've made a pick. Insanely busy summer thus far. First world problems, I know.

I'll go with a Card Game by the name of WEREWOLF. It's a fun hidden identity game. Good for parties and gatherings. There are a lot of different versions, but i've played the one below.

View attachment 893870

"Werewolf has it all: mystery, drama, betrayal, and moments that knock you out of your chair laughing. And of course, werewolves! It’s basically the perfect party game. The goal is simple—the werewolves try to eat the villagers (without getting caught), and the villagers try to survive while catching the werewolves in the act. All you need are 7 people and some paper to get the fun going. In this article, we’ll explain how to set up and play the game, plus share a few bonus roles that you can try with your friends once you’ve mastered the art of werewolf hunting"

This was one of our absolute favourites at Youth Group, although we played the alternative Assassin with regular playing cards. Werewolf took it up a notch.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This week is cruising by.

5340278247c4a8a97639b95529badbdc.gif

Let's say @Hollywood Cannon, @Chuck Downie, and @CanadianFlyer88 are on the clock, with @Rebels57 on the lido deck, or something.

Here's the thing. This is our third summer, if I'm not mistaken (can you believe that shit :laugh:), and we know how it goes - people are just not around as much. It's no big deal. We are just relaxing, innit.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ja, Midsommar was almost a month ago, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep eating Swedish meatballs.

c5edfd233851a4fd2fe23a7c519df5fdb305b3a8.gif

"Let's say @Hollywood Cannon, @Chuck Downie, and @Rebels57 are on the clock, with @BernieParent on the lido deck, or something."

Things are really heating up on "My Sibling's Romance," yet strangely, my beaver isn't reacting to it. Sorry, that's "beavers," plural.

Yosh.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Stop! Beaver Time!

mc-hammer-cant-touch-this.gif

"Let's say @Hollywood Cannon, @Chuck Downie, and @Rebels57 are on the clock, with @BernieParent on the lido deck, or something."

I found out during the end credits that "Bullet Train" was based on a book by a Japanese writer named Kotaro Isaka. I wish I had known that before watching the movie. It was ... stupid. Stupid, but still exciting, kind of. I don't know. It wasn't good. I read the description of the book, and it sounds a bit different, so I'll go read that eventually.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Stop! Beaver Time!

mc-hammer-cant-touch-this.gif

I found out during the end credits that "Bullet Train" was based on a book by a Japanese writer named Kotaro Isaka. I wish I had known that before watching the movie. It was ... stupid. Stupid, but still exciting, kind of. I don't know. It wasn't good. I read the description of the book, and it sounds a bit different, so I'll go read that eventually.
iu

This isn't much of a lido deck, Cap'n. I would like to review the Quackverse's financial statements at some time, please.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
"Upon reflecting on local celebrities who are known internationally, the owners of the Halifax Galleons were surprised by the multiple great choices, considering our small-town heritage. We have decided to select long-time Vegas headliner and television actor Gordie Brown.

gordie_08.jpg

"We have memories of Mr. Brown in the lead role of Bye Bye Birdie at the local high school before he went on to bigger and better things. After winning a local talent contest, he was soon opening in Los Angeles for Jay Leno, Louie Anderson, Randy Travis, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rogers, and even joined Celine Dion on her North American tour Taking Chances. His show is a frenetic blend of impersonations, comedic and musical, which he has performed for more than 30 years at leading Vegas venues.

"Mr. Brown's national television debut was on A&E’s An Evening at the Improv and he went on to co-host NBC’s Friday Night Videos, along with appearances on Hollywood Squares, Late Show with David Letterman, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Mr. Brown also starred in the lead role as ‘Mr. Jones’ in the dramatic TV series Twice in a Lifetime (1999-2001)."

To @Rebels57 or @Hollywood Cannon or ... whoever else.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yosh!

I have made an executive decision - I am going to pase the Quackverse for a few weeks. There's no reason to come in here every day when everyone is away and/or busy. We have done this before and it never hurt anything, so let's do it again now.

In the meantime, those with make-up picks can pick those - we are getting way too far behind with them to carry on making new picks. I'll try to make a list of those later if I can remember, but they could just wait until later too if they are busy.

Yosh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad