NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
We are seeing a potential new family member tomorrow afternoon

99dc1c0c-7741-45c2-97fe-64e83cb43633.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought about this one a bit, but then I remembered a name, and I didn't need to remember another.

The Honolulu Ghibli give top billing to our Team Actor II: Paul Newman

c7f59ae51b85286d6d323733b42f48c16da27add.gif

“Fast” Eddie Felson, Reggie Dunlop, Hud Bannon, "Cool Hand" Luke Jackson, Butch Cassidy, Henry Gondorff, Sidney J. Mussburger, and so on. For my money, the most effortlessly cool cat to ever grace the screen. I'm not usually enamored with movie stars, but in coolness, he's the Tony to my George Costanza. God help you if you're not charmed by that blue-eyed wry smile. Oh, heck, I'll just let the great critic Pauline Kael say it better: “When a role is right for him, he’s peerless. Newman is most comfortable in a role when it isn’t scaled heroically; even when he plays a bastard, he’s not a big bastard only a callow, selfish one, like Hud. He can play what he’s not a dumb lout. But you don’t believe it when he plays someone perverse or vicious, and the older he gets and the better you know him, the less you believe it. His likableness is infectious; nobody should ever be asked not to like Paul Newman.”

1*hnOh_s2gWwXmQo-XI1oJ5Q.gif

His anti-hero characters were usually at a crossroads between gusto and sadness. And he perfected the type of character that someone like Brad Pitt would later play: the smooth talking smart idiot, who's never as clever OR stupid as he seems. But, boy, he could lean into that fierce intelligence when he wanted, especially as he got older and craggier. And apologies to Pauline Kael, even a bit vicious. Unlike a lot of the greats of his 50s-70s stardom peak, I don't think he ever lost his fastball. From the 80s-00s, he was still doing top notch work, evolving in many ways. I think it's because he never carried himself like the icon he was. He was a private man; a decent man; a man dedicated to his craft, not his ego. An actor's actor.

roadtoperdition-road.gif

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I thought about this one a bit, but then I remembered a name, and I didn't need to remember another.

The Honolulu Ghibli give top billing to our Team Actor II: Paul Newman

c7f59ae51b85286d6d323733b42f48c16da27add.gif

“Fast” Eddie Felson, Reggie Dunlop, Hud Bannon, "Cool Hand" Luke Jackson, Butch Cassidy, Henry Gondorff, Sidney J. Mussburger, and so on. For my money, the most effortlessly cool cat to ever grace the screen. I'm not usually enamored with movie stars, but in coolness, he's the Tony to my George Costanza. God help you if you're not charmed by that blue-eyed wry smile. Oh, heck, I'll just let the great critic Pauline Kael say it better: “When a role is right for him, he’s peerless. Newman is most comfortable in a role when it isn’t scaled heroically; even when he plays a bastard, he’s not a big bastard only a callow, selfish one, like Hud. He can play what he’s not a dumb lout. But you don’t believe it when he plays someone perverse or vicious, and the older he gets and the better you know him, the less you believe it. His likableness is infectious; nobody should ever be asked not to like Paul Newman.”

1*hnOh_s2gWwXmQo-XI1oJ5Q.gif

His anti-hero characters were usually at a crossroads between gusto and sadness. And he perfected the type of character that someone like Brad Pitt would later play: the smooth talking smart idiot, who's never as clever OR stupid as he seems. But, boy, he could lean into that fierce intelligence when he wanted, especially as he got older and craggier. And apologies to Pauline Kael, even a bit vicious. Unlike a lot of the greats of his 50s-70s stardom peak, I don't think he ever lost his curveball. From the 80s-00s, he was still doing top notch work, evolving in many ways. I think it's because he never carried himself like the icon he was. He was a private man; a decent man; a man dedicated to his craft, not his ego. An actor's actor.

roadtoperdition-road.gif
Does magua get his salad dressing too?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I was convinced that this movie would have been taken but my search turned up no evidence. As such, this character is free game until someone tells me I screwed up.

TV/Movie Character 2 - Roy Batty

Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the "good" man? C'mon, @Striiker . Show me what you're made of.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
There can only be one actor with the requisite accolades and pedigree needed to be a Jacksonville Methgator. And, as an added bonus, his close dear friend is already part of the family. Right, Tommy?
1674563545202.gif

So, please welcome to Jacksonville as our official 2nd actor, that noted thespian, CHEECH MARIN!!!
1674563622967.gif

Now put down that bong and move this thing along, @Young Sandwich !

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's another day in Inferno Paradise, innit?

not-sure-oprah.gif

We start the day with @Young Sandwich on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @ajgoal on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

"Singles Inferno" was stupid again, just like in the first season, let's get that straight. But the ending RULED. On the last day, the girls went and stood in different locations on the island - the guys had to go to the woman they wanted to leave Inferno with and stand in front of them - then the girl would choose who she wanted. That f***ing idiot plastic surgeon ... words don't do justice to how f***ing stupid this guy is. He just couldn't believe the girl wasn't interested in him despite her telling him YET AGAIN near the end that she wasn't. I'm pretty sure he has never been rejected in his life, and he could just not handle or understand it at all. He's so f***ing unbelievably STUPID, the c***. So of course he went and stood in front of her. Then this other guy - a former soldier who all the girls were catatonic and drooling over - went and stood in front of her. He had been making his moves on her and every sign you saw made you think she was besotted with him, too. Then the nice guy who was actually a real person went and stood in front of her too. He had been showing his interest in her from the beginning, but it wasn't until the last few days that he was able to spend actual quality time with her, including a night in Paradise. She obviously liked him to some extent, but it seemed like maybe she was being nice to him ahead of picking the toolbag soldier.

But she shocked the world and chose the nice guy, and she was clearly happy and satisfied about it. The f***ing dunce and the toolbag just stood there disbelieving and gobsmacked. It ruled so f***ing hard, I can't even tell you. It made all the stupidity that led up to it almost worth it.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This one is pretty straightforward.

However flawed he may be in a selfish, narcissistic, arrogant and self-absorbed way, we feel this gentleman makes up for it with his sex-crazed wit and elite skills. Sometimes you just have to deal with some bullshit when collaborating with the world's deadliest spy.

tumblr_mj0yagmlzm1qe3aixo1_500.gif

Team TV/Movie Character II - Sterling Archer

Seriously @GKJ , call Kenny Loggins because you are in the danger zone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Team Movie Franchise II which is really just a standalone movie? Do I have this right?

There’s a few movies I would consider here on the basis that I always put them on when they’re on, so probably the first one I would do this for is feature film adaptation of “High Fidelity,” which I don’t know specifically why I like it so much, whether it be the use of music in relation to the content, or because I like John Cusack

It’s also going to be 23 years old which is a reminder that we have only just been given life to and yet are going to die very soon.

@ajgoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad