NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I am terribly sorry to see that news, Jojo.

Also terribly sorry about the delay. Today went stupid.

Thank you Chuck! Ad hoc Chuck! Devilish Chuck! Crooked Chuck!

I take TEAM ACTRESS II

I do: HEDY LAMARR

hedy-lamarr-classic-movies-9477803-1194-15001.jpg

It took me a minute to settle on her because I just assume she had to be taken. I didn't even bother searching it. And then I did. I found Hedley Lamarr, but that's an obvious Mel Brooks pick. This Nu-niverse needs Hedy. Hedy was a brilliant, skilled, and beautiful actress. She also did the first nude scene in a major film in 1933, a wild-ass time in cinema prior to the Hayes code (deliberate misspelling).

When she was a child, her father went on walks with her and explained how various technologies worked. This sparked a lifelong interest in her and she also worked as an inventor; a self-taught and pretty competent one. She worked with a partner on the creation of a frequency-hopping radio signal that could be used for weapon guidance in WW2 and got the patent for it. It wasn't implemented then, but its principles are currently in use for things like Bluetooth and early Wi-Fi versions.

@DancingPanther! Parallel DP! Purple DP! Nosy DP!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's a beautifully acted, written and directed series. It's full of the decadence of late 20s/early 30s Germany. We all know what's coming, and that darkest menace just hangs in the air - a palpable pall, a chilling shroud of death. Fantastic, complex characters who are fully fleshed-out and three-dimensional, great storylines, unbelievable Art Deco design everywhere. Just a beauty of a show.

tumblr_oyrbufUz5a1wgzlsgo5_540.gif

5cfac737ec66568fcccf8a785d6d40a364039281.gif

babylon-berlin.gif

Team TV Show II - Babylon Berlin

@Hollywood Cannon

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You know what's crazy? They run mini-marathons on the various cable channels all the time, but they ALWAYS leave out 6. I have no idea why, but it's the same every time.
Off the top of my head, my guess would be because Gina Carano is in that one and she’s been banned/fired/shunned from quite a few (most?) places.

But it’s for the best, 6 and onwards is when it went from a masterpiece to shit.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad