NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Ozzy update: still very clingy but other than that she’s acting pretty normal. Wound is looking a little better too. Gonna sit with her all day, then it’s the wife’s turn cause I got a gig tonight. She’s sleeping on my leg right now.

Thanks for all the well wishes, it’s really appreciated!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG Team Album II

TEARS FOR FEARS - SONGS FROM THE BIG CHAIR

Tears_for_Fears_Songs_from_the_Big_Chair.jpg

Another one of the best albums of the 80's, packed with some of the decades biggest hits and great from start to finish.

They have a few great albums and the one they released last year was really good too, but this one is a classic.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
By the way, this is something I have spent years and years thinking about, and that is the No. 1 quintessential 80s song. It boils down to that and my favorite song ever, "I Melt With You," but that one takes it.

Yep, Everybody Wants to Rule the World is the best song of the decade for me too, and I f***ing love 80's music. The variety is unmatched by any other decade. I Melt With You rules too, of course.

One that I feel is underrated and stylistically in the same vein of those too is Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yep, Everybody Wants to Rule the World is the best song of the decade for me too, and I f***ing love 80's music. The variety is unmatched by any other decade. I Melt With You rules too, of course.

One that I feel is underrated and stylistically in the same vein of those too is Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House.

It's not the best, but the most representative of the decade. The best is ... basically impossible to pin down.

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sticking with music, the FOG select

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - AWARD TOUR

As Team Music Video II

Back in '89, I simply slid into place
Buddy, buddy, buddy all up in your face
A lot of kids was busting rhymes but they had no taste
Some said Quest was wack, but now is that the case
I have a quest to have a mic in my hand
Without that, it's like Kryptonite and Superman

RIP Phife Dawg

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Absolutely goofy and dumb to act like the best song of the 80s (or the most iconic, or the most "80s") wasn't on Thriller. Take your pick. And I f***ing hate that guy, but seriously. Take your pick. There's even an EVH solo on one of them for all you tightpants boyrock bozos.

Now, as for the most explicitly 1980s thing from a non-1980s artist:

I usually laugh out loud sometime in the first minute.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Absolutely goofy and dumb to act like the best song of the 80s (or the most iconic, or the most "80s") wasn't on Thriller. Take your pick. And I f***ing hate that guy, but seriously. Take your pick. There's even an EVH solo on one of them for all you tightpants boyrock bozos.

No pick tipping!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thriller is probably thee greatest music video ever made. Scratch that, it's the best. John Landis directed, Quincy Jones produced, and makeup by Rick Baker. Outrageous.

Also, different album but if a Wedding DJ doesn't play
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
they should be dragged out of the venue and tossed in the dirt.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm on it Cap'n.

“For our Team Album II – and the Lord knows we don’t even remember what we chose for Team Album I – we are very pleased to select what we consider to be a remarkable collection of masterpieces: Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Elton_John_-_Goodbye_Yellow_Brick_Road.jpg

“From the haunting opening of Funeral for a Friend, Elton John’s eclectic style shines through the 17 tracks of this double LP (look it up, kids). GYBR was Mr. John’s seventh studio album, released in 1973, and has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. It contains the hit songs Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting, @bennysflyers16 and the Jets, Candle in the Wind, the title song Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding.

“It also contains lesser-known treasures such as Grey Seal, All the Girls Love Alice, and I’ve Seen That Movie Too. “GYBR was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2003 and was ranked 112th in the revised 2020 Rolling Stone list of 500 greatest albums. Then again, who cares what Rolling Stone says?

“Don't give us none of your aggravation, we've had it with your discipline. @Strawberry Fields alright for drafting, get a little picking in.”

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm on it Cap'n.

“For our Team Album II – and the Lord knows we don’t even remember what we chose for Team Album I – we are very pleased to select what we consider to be a remarkable collection of masterpieces: Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Elton_John_-_Goodbye_Yellow_Brick_Road.jpg

“From the haunting opening of Funeral for a Friend, Elton John’s eclectic style shines through the 17 tracks of this double LP (look it up, kids). GYBR was Mr. John’s seventh studio album, released in 1973, and has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. It contains the hit songs Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting, @bennysflyers16 and the Jets, Candle in the Wind, the title song Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding.

“It also contains lesser-known treasures such as Grey Seal, All the Girls Love Alice, and I’ve Seen That Movie Too. “GYBR was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2003 and was ranked 112th in the revised 2020 Rolling Stone list of 500 greatest albums. Then again, who cares what Rolling Stone says?

“Don't give us none of your aggravation, we've had it with your discipline. @Strawberry Fields alright for drafting, get a little picking in.”

Cap isn't gonna like this pick but I love it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@DancingPanther loves him some Elton too.

“All the Girls Love Alice” is the best banger (not song, banger, I says) Elton ever wrote. Change my mind. Okay, “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting” is a supreme banger too off that album. But “Alice” has the better riff. I could listen to that on an endless loop.

“Sweet Painted Lady” is my other favorite off that album, past all the hits.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

You are essentially calling me and Rebel "goofy" and "dumb" lolz. That's why we rope off this thread.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
@DancingPanther loves him some Elton too.

“All the Girls Love Alice” is the best banger (not song, banger, I says) Elton ever wrote. Change my mind. Okay, “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting” is a supreme banger too off that album. But “Alice” has the better riff. I could listen to that on an endless loop.

“Sweet Painted Lady” is my other favorite off that album, past all the hits.
There's an Abb in Alice. Great song. Bernie rules for those lyrics. Proud plat. So does @BernieParent obviously

My favorite off Yellow Brick Road, by far actually, is Dirty Little Girl. One of my fav Elton songs

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Thriller is probably thee greatest music video ever made. Scratch that, it's the best. John Landis directed, Quincy Jones produced, and makeup by Rick Baker. Outrageous.

Also, different album but if a Wedding DJ doesn't play
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
they should be dragged out of the venue and tossed in the dirt.

Went to my wife's cousin's wedding two summers ago. So a wedding is supposed to be the bride's big day? Nah. This suave-ass Filipino king said f*** that, popped the jacket off the second the DJ started on his Jackson block and just started nailing every MJ dance move. Pinpoint shit. Throwin' gnarly crotch grabs and dropping a clean moonwalk at his own reception. Absolute star. Never seen anything like it. None of that sentimental wedding bullshit, just pure white hot dance fever. Shit was tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad