NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sonic Frontiers is fantastically laid back. Music is great. Pace is relaxing, which is weird for a Sonic game. If you want Dark Souls, Elden Ring is always there. or GoW on hardest difficulty. This is for kicking back. These devs know their core audience is parents now, I think.

This sounds great. I need this for my occasional anxiety.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The categories are a bit of an embarrassment of riches. All feel like a good place to start, so we're going to break the tie on vibes. If you're aiming for a combination of classy and charming approachability, you can't allow anyone else to get their grubby paws on Cary Grant.

CG-North-by-North-West.jpg

There was of course the all-time level screwball performance in Bringing Up Baby, as well as the buttoned-up man of mystery slowly losing control in Notorious. When called upon, Grant could even do quite a good swashbuckler, as he did in Only Angels Have Wings. North by Northwest isn't just his most famous film these days, it's also the summation of the archetypes at which Grant excelled. He shows the comedic side in the scenes with his mother, but he still spends huge swaths of screen time as the confident leading man.

@DancingPanther "Do you know what's wrong with you? Nothing."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The categories are a bit of an embarrassment of riches. All feel like a good place to start, so we're going to break the tie on vibes. If you're aiming for a combination of classy and charming approachability, you can't allow anyone else to get their grubby paws on Cary Grant.

CG-North-by-North-West.jpg

There was of course the all-time level screwball performance in Bringing Up Baby, as well as the buttoned-up man of mystery slowly losing control in Notorious. When called upon, Grant could even do quite a good swashbuckler, as he did in Only Angels Have Wings. North by Northwest isn't just his most famous film these days, it's also the summation of the archetypes at which Grant excelled. He shows the comedic side in the scenes with his mother, but he still spends huge swaths of screen time as the confident leading man.

@DancingPanther "Do you know what's wrong with you? Nothing."

Also the answer to seemingly every other mIRC triviabot film question

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I also respect your simp game, Toe. Well done. I was just simping on volleyball players before I came in here. Game recognizes game.

d-frag-approved.gif

We start the day with me on the clock, but I will pick in a minute. Afterwards, @Hollywood Cannon will be on the clock, and I feel confident that he will actually make a pick this time instead of waiting to pick two. @Strawberry Fields is on deck, @BernieParent is on the lido deck, and poor Rebel is finally on the lido afterdeck.

I'm going to make my pick now, so keep your trousers on.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This was a tough decision for me in the end - I hadn't thought it would be, but then my mind went into overdrive. I was imagining only having two bands and two albums to listen to forever, so in that headspace I Youtubed for quite a while. Ultimately, I don't think I could make a wrong choice, but here is why I settled on this, my original choice: variety.

From the early days, you have the hard-charging punk reggae that gets your adrenaline pumping. This was from the first or second album I ever owned, and I wore that motherf***er out.

I don't like the fourth album, "Ghost In The Machine," but it did have one of the most infectious songs they ever made, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," on it.

"Do I have to tell the story
Of a thousand rainy days since we first met?
It's a big enough umbrella,
But it's always me that ends up getting wet."

Lovely. But the second and third albums are where we find one hidden gem after another. "Message In A Bottle" kicks off "Regatta de Blanc," and it's far from hidden, but it rules, obviously. Emblematic of the work on these middle albums is "Voices Inside My Head," off "Zenyatta Mondatta," where their musicianship is on full display. I'm pretty sure they already hated each other's guts by this point, but they were a super tight unit when playing. What an amazing atmosphere they created.

Then we get to their last album, "Synchronicity." It has probably the worst song I have ever heard ("Mother") on it, but is otherwise flawless. I've heard "Every Breath You Take" at least 100 times as many times as any of you have, and to this day I am still not the least bit sick of it. I still remember the first time I heard "King Of Pain" on the radio, right before I bought the album - it was a Saturday, and it blew my mind apart. Here's one that isn't as well known, but I can't get enough of it either. Listen to the beautiful guitar on this.

People have more f***ed up ideas about what this band was than you could shake a stick at. They were cool as shit. They ruled then and they rule now. In the pantheon and not far from the top.

The-Police-GettyImages-86110534-1000x600.jpg

Team Band II - The Police

@Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks once again would like to thank our brother for yielding the platform to us. It just feels right and I think we should be tied together every phase going forward. (Please note that if this actually happens it was by complete accident and wasn't intentional).

We will first turn our attention to the Team Actor II category where we will select the legend, Brendan Fraser.

Here at the Desert Ducks organization we think that most of Hollywood is a bunch of creeps and assholes that deserve a long painful death both in a general sense and for what they put Brendan through.

Brendan has had a tough paper route in the last few years and we want to bring him with us to the Quackverse and help continue the bounce back that he's currently on.

1200px-Brendan_Fraser_October_2022.jpg

@Strawberry Fields you're up.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This was a tough decision for me in the end - I hadn't thought it would be, but then my mind went into overdrive. I was imagining only having two bands and two albums to listen to forever, so in that headspace I Youtubed for quite a while. Ultimately, I don't think I could make a wrong choice, but here is why I settled on this, my original choice: variety.

From the early days, you have the hard-charging punk reggae that gets your adrenaline pumping. This was from the first or second album I ever owned, and I wore that motherf***er out.

I don't like the fourth album, "Ghost In The Machine," but it did have one of the most infectious songs they ever made, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," on it.

"Do I have to tell the story
Of a thousand rainy days since we first met?
It's a big enough umbrella,
But it's always me that ends up getting wet."

Lovely. But the second and third albums are where we find one hidden gem after another. "Message In A Bottle" kicks off "Regatta de Blanc," and it's far from hidden, but it rules, obviously. Emblematic of the work on these middle albums is "Voices Inside My Head," off "Zenyatta Mondatta," where their musicianship is on full display. I'm pretty sure they already hated each other's guts by this point, but they were a super tight unit when playing. What an amazing atmosphere they created.

Then we get to their last album, "Synchronicity." It has probably the worst song I have ever heard ("Mother") on it, but is otherwise flawless. I've heard "Every Breath You Take" at least 100 times as many times as any of you have, and to this day I am still not the least bit sick of it. I still remember the first time I heard "King Of Pain" on the radio, right before I bought the album - it was a Saturday, and it blew my mind apart. Here's one that isn't as well known, but I can't get enough of it either. Listen to the beautiful guitar on this.

People have more f***ed up ideas about what this band was than you could shake a stick at. They were cool as shit. They ruled then and they rule now. In the pantheon and not far from the top.

The-Police-GettyImages-86110534-1000x600.jpg

Team Band II - The Police

@Hollywood Cannon

I've got their first 5 or 6 albums on vinyl and they are all pretty great, especially the 3 you picked songs from. Agree that Ghost in the Machine is the weakest link there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Team band II- Def Leppard. They were my first favorite band and I've seen them live probably five or six times. And I've gotta respect Rick Allen for adapting and managing to drum with one arm for almost 40 years now.

@BernieParent take the floor my friend.

"Pyromania" is hugely underrated because when people think of Def Leppard now they think of "Pour Some Sugar" and "Armageddon" and really inferior shit.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks, who have been the happy beneficiaries of Team Actor Ryan Reynolds since nearly the beginning of this exhilarating exercise, believe that the logical thespian addition to our franchise is Hugh Jackman.

iu

"Since his debut role in 1994 of Charles 'Chicka' McCray in a single episode of the TV series Law of the Land, Mr. Jackman has 62 acting credits on his resume. He is most known for his portrayal of Wolverine in the X-Men series but has also shown his wide versatility and singing talent in movies such as Les Misérables and The Greatest Showman.

"In addition, we appreciate Mr. Jackman's ... err, history of faux (?)-rivalry banter with Mr. Reynolds, which we believe will thrill and entertain us all the more with both of them under one franchise banner, particularly as they approach their joint appearance in Deadpool 3.

"Welcome to the FireSticks, Mr. Jackman. Please don't tell Mr. Reynolds that your living space is 10 square feet bigger than his."

"Speaking of living spaces, we are proud to be next door, draft order-wise, to @Rebels57."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad