NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The search tool is not only a necessity in not looking like a doofus picking already picked picks -- it is a source of gobsmacking revelation in realizing what people have NOT picked. Take TV shows for instance. We've all had ample opportunity to take 2 of 'em already. It seems an impossibility that after 44 picks, this show remains available. Draft fallers, man. Well, the Ghibli have a sitcom in Seinfeld, and we have our daily ritual game show Jeopardy, so it's time to add a Mt. Rushmore caliber dramatic series.

The Honolulu Ghibli knock on the door for our TV Show II......Breaking Bad

giphy.gif

How?! I know!

There's only a handful of shows that start and end perfectly, not missing a beat in between, only improving. This is one. It's a Chekhov's gun of a story -- no filler, no extraneous details, everything comes full circle -- impossibly riveting and earned in character and plot. And my mom still refuses to watch!

Cook up your pick, Jesse @pit man

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It's rare that I remember back to what my second choice was for a category, but this is one of the rare times I do.

For my money, the first three seasons of this show are the best comedy I've watched (The 4th is bad and the last two are uneven). It was neck and neck before I chose Dr. Who to get my hands on a TARDIS (plus a show that spans 60 years for plenty of watching during our Quackverse sojourn).

But when I want some chuckles, I'll go the program that gave us "The Darkest Timeline" and is a master of genre, deep cuts and callbacks. Our TV Show #2 is: Community. Yes, I'm kinda undercutting my Actor and Actress choices, but that's okay!

Huzzah-Community.gif

Just so you know @Striiker , you are now creating six different timelines.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I didn't see Tawm's snide slide tackle there until this morning. Oh well. Bye, bitch.

FineZigzagDrongo-size_restricted.gif

We start the first morning of the Double Deuces Phase with @Striiker on the clock, @BiggE on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and GKJ on the lido afterdeck. Make sure you thoroughly consume that OP so you have the beginnings of an understanding of the rules for these categories. I fully expect them to collapse at some point, but let's carry on carrying on until they fall apart. It wouldn't be the Quackverse without Maximum Chaos TM.

I finished the second season of "Alice in Borderland," and it rules. It's a big step up from season one, which was pretty cool anyway. When I finished that, I started watching the second season of "Singles Inferno." This show is different from all the other Korean dating shows I watch - where they are painfully REAL, "Singles Inferno" is all about the hotness. Hot people, hot bodies, one hot week on an island. Because of that, you don't get the feels in your heart over what happens. You get the feels ... elsewhere, innit. In the first season there was really just one girl who was ridiculously hot - this time four out of the five are quite scrumptious in different ways, but one of them is an unbelievable rocket. The problem with her is that she lives or has lived in the US, so she slips into English all the time, and hot Korean girls get WAY less hot and more cold when they speak English - if you have ever experienced this, you will know what I'm talking about. Girls speaking Korean just hit you differently. She is just as hot as all balls, though.

Anyway, they can't tell each other their age or occupation until they match and go to "Paradise," where they stay in a luxury hotel for the night. One of the guys is this unbelievable meathead. You know the type - bench-pressing everything in sight all the time, hammering protein powder and meat, etc. These f***ing guys all over the world are always the same - they have NOTHING in their heads. They notice and memorize some lines that normal humans use in certain situations, but otherwise can't process communication and get it through the vacuum of their skull cavity.

So this guy wins a date to Paradise, and it's so f***ing awkward. The girl is trying to tell him she wants to go slow and make up her mind about who she likes after some time has passed, and he keeps asking her questions which pressure her to make a decision. He just can't think of anything else to say. He's so f***ing thick it does my head in. Then they get to each other's occupations and he says "I'm a doctor." I was like "wut." She asks him what his specialty is, and he goes "Plastic surgery."

I can't.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
1673965841900.gif

Uh, huh-huh

HEH-HEH, hey Butthead aren’t we like supposed to do something or something?

Um, oh yeah

1673965862336.gif

DAMMIT READ THE DAMN CARD OR I’LL FIRE YOU BOTH DAMMIT!!!

1673965902915.gif

YEAH, FIRE! FIRE, FIRE!!

Beavith you dumbass were supposed to like read this card or something

1673965939464.gif

Ohh yeah, um what card

I dunno, huh-huh

1673965962876.gif

DAMMIT THATS IT, HUNTER GET THESE 2 IDIOTS OUT OF HERE!!

1673966007122.gif

Sure pops, don’t blow a blood vessel, you aren’t getting any younger.

Now, are you ready?
1673966036211.gif

NO, I SAID, ARE, YOU, READY?!

Then with our first pick in phase 22, DGeneration X and the Jacksonville Methgators proudly bring to you one of the most kick ass southern rock albums of all time, MOLLY HATCHET’S FLIRTIN’ WITH DISASTER!!!!
1673966057265.jpeg

And with that, it’s off to you @Young Sandwich be careful son, y’all in Gator Country now!!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Movie Franchise II: Mission: Impossible

This is one of those rare movie franchises where the movies actually got better as time passed, instead of worse. Looking at you, F&F.

Mission-Impossible-Ranked.jpg

@BiggE

No. This is why I stress reading the OP. I know it's a disaster because I am too infatuated with the Deuces, but it has to be read.

It's a standalone movie, not a franchise.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry, was in a rush. I usually do read it all but not this time.

Dog had surgery again on two spots, one a lump and one a skin tag. She’s wearing what looks like a dog wetsuit so she can’t get to the main spot on her side but the staples on her leg are exposed. “It’ll be fine”, according to the vet. I’m skeptical.

Next morning I wake up and she had licked out all the staples on her leg. Back to the vet and new staples are put in and a bandage was put on top. “My bad. I should’ve known”, says the vet. Ok, cool.

A couple days pass and it’s time to get the staples out. Except nope, the one spot didn’t heal enough because the bandage put on it post-Lickgate was rubbing.

Now she has a giant dog cone on her head and no bandage over the staples for a few days so it can hopefully heal properly, which is making shit impossible because this idiot doesn’t understand the concept of space and is running into everything, unable to go up or down stairs, and so on. It’s like having a hairy Battlebot in the house. This was the first morning with it on so I was running around, trying to get her to settle down, eat her food so she can take her antibiotics/steroids, and stop running into shit.

The good news is the leg wound looks better than yesterday already and apparently the lump removed from her side ended up being benign.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Dog had surgery again on two spots, one a lump and one a skin tag. She’s wearing what looks like a dog wetsuit so she can’t get to the main spot on her side but the staples on her leg are exposed. “It’ll be fine”, according to the vet. I’m skeptical.

Next morning I wake up and she had licked out all the staples on her leg. Back to the vet and new staples are put in and a bandage was put on top. “My bad. I should’ve known”, says the vet. Ok, cool.

A couple days pass and it’s time to get the staples out. Except nope, the one spot didn’t heal enough because the bandage put on it post-Lickgate was rubbing.

Now she has a giant dog cone on her head and no bandage over the staples for a few days so it can hopefully heal properly, which is making shit impossible because this idiot doesn’t understand the concept of space and is running into everything, unable to go up or down stairs, and so on. It’s like having a hairy Battlebot in the house. This was the first morning with it on so I was running around, trying to get her to settle down, eat her food so she can take her antibiotics/steroids, and stop running into shit.

The good news is the leg wound looks better than yesterday already and apparently the lump removed from her side ended up being benign.
You could try an inflatable cone, they're smaller. Used one for our great dane after he got neutered because an actual cone was a ridiculous proposition.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Movie Franchise II: Mission: Impossible

This is one of those rare movie franchises where the movies actually got better as time passed, instead of worse. Looking at you, F&F.

Mission-Impossible-Ranked.jpg

@BiggE

The last 3 have all been awesome as shit

I've never come across a good vet in my life. f***ing scam-artists.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The last 3 have all been awesome as shit

I've never come across a good vet in my life. f***ing scam-artists.
Funny this comes up today. The cat in my avatar was diagnosed with lymphoma of the stomach in March of 2018. Veterinary oncologist told us that she had a couple of weeks without treatment, and even with a positive response to treatment, she had at best 18 months. It just isn't a cancer that gets "beaten." She'd lost half her weight in a matter of weeks. But with the exception of her ability to eat, she was still feisty, bright-eyed, and generally well-spirited, so we gave treatment a shot.

I just had her in for yet another 6 month post-chemo checkup this morning. We are approaching five years after her diagnosis. There's still no sign of it coming back.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

You need a Korean plastic surgeon for dogs instead of this moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad