NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is hugely false. He was awesome, but the show was spectacular from beginning to end. Vastly, massively underrated, and I am going to pick it for TV Show III as soon as we get to that.

Seconded - fantastic show

My favorite character has to be Bobby Cannavale as Gyp Rosetti - what a deranged maniac

Also, a family member of mine was on the show with lines. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The Toads are baffled how this movie is still available but after an extensive search of the data base we found no record of it. We are proud to correct this and select one of our all-time favorite movies.

Allow me to un-baffle you.
  • Movie Franchise II – This is actually Team Standalone Film I – in other words, pick a standalone film, not a film franchise. Don’t pick any film whose director was chosen as Team Director

The director of Apocalypse Now is Francis Ford Coppola.
Francis Ford Coppola is your Team Director.
Therefore, no one other than you could have picked Apocalypse Now.

eb927f8b-3d7e-4f0b-b926-f24134e12e49_text.gif

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's supposed to be cloudy today. So of course the sun is right in my face.

7eb.gif

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock, @JojoTheWhale on deck, @Beef Invictus on the lido deck, and Chuckles on the lido afterdeck.

I was trying to think of the most disgusting member (phrasing) of Les Comiques, and it took me about two seconds - it's Pizza the Hut from "Spaceballs." I'm not a huge fan of that movie (I don't really like it at all, to be honest), and one of the reasons is that I am skeeved the f*** out by that gross pizza monster. So a huge congrats to Chuckles for that great on-brand pick.

I spent a lot of time and a lot of energy being angry yesterday. I can tell myself that this situation is hilarious all I want, and I can wallow in the misfortune of losers who have become my mortal enemies for life, but underneath it all is that seething cauldron of white-hot rage for turning something that used to give us all hope and joy into something embarrassing and useless. It rots away not just your current feelings about the team, but all of the positive memories built up over the decades of loyal support. If I were to re-watch that five-overtime game against the Penguins now, I would be hoping to see Primeau miss. It takes a really superhuman c*** to affect your feelings that deeply. So a huge congrats to the other Chuck for that superhuman c**tishness.

I can't see shit. Goodbye.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's supposed to be cloudy today. So of course the sun is right in my face.

7eb.gif

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock, @JojoTheWhale on deck, @Beef Invictus on the lido deck, and Chuckles on the lido afterdeck.

I was trying to think of the most disgusting member (phrasing) of Les Comiques, and it took me about two seconds - it's Pizza the Hut from "Spaceballs." I'm not a huge fan of that movie (I don't really like it at all, to be honest), and one of the reasons is that I am skeeved the f*** out by that gross pizza monster. So a huge congrats to Chuckles for that great on-brand pick.

I spent a lot of time and a lot of energy being angry yesterday. I can tell myself that this situation is hilarious all I want, and I can wallow in the misfortune of losers who have become my mortal enemies for life, but underneath it all is that seething cauldron of white-hot rage for turning something that used to give us all hope and joy into something embarrassing and useless. It rots away not just your current feelings about the team, but all of the positive memories built up over the decades of loyal support. If I were to re-watch that five-overtime game against the Penguins now, I would be hoping to see Primeau miss. It takes a really superhuman c*** to affect your feelings that deeply. So a huge congrats to the other Chuck for that superhuman c**tishness.

I can't see shit. Goodbye.

It takes an elite amount of pointless and stupid futility to make management generate this much hate for a thing that is loved

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
In trying to narrow down the impossible number options for Author II, I thought about who might make a good collaborator for our Author I, Terry Pratchett. Well even a dummy like me immediately thought of this:

0441008615.jpg

Problem solved. Team Author II: Neil Gaiman

@Beef Invictus It has been said that civilization is twenty-four hours and two meals away from barbarism.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
In trying to narrow down the impossible number options for Author II, I thought about who might make a good collaborator for our Author I, Terry Pratchett. Well even a dummy like me immediately thought of this:

0441008615.jpg

Problem solved. Team Author II: Neil Gaiman

@Beef Invictus It has been said that civilization is twenty-four hours and two meals away from barbarism.
Rats. Thought I could get away with letting him slide for now. :laugh:

Bill Bryson was as singular a pick as I have made in this draft. Probably should have let him slide instead.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Rats. Thought I could get away with letting him slide for now. :laugh:

Bill Bryson was as singular a pick as I have made in this draft. Probably should have let him slide instead.

I honestly thought he was taken, but I have screwed it up so many times that I checked anyway. Then I checked every possible spelling of both Neil and Gaiman. :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Lol you pooped your pants
Not quite, haha.

We went to Benihana (shout out Desert Ducks) and there were two other groups of people at our table.

A group of three guys who were quite possibly the most rude people I’ve ever seen in my entire life at every turn. The other group the guy was clearly a drug dealer as he had four phones and his girlfriend smelled something terrible of weed. They talked at a decibel level that I couldn’t even hear sitting right next to them.

After Thatcher Venmo threw up nothing stopped. No one even reacted.

I’m still rattled.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Congrats, what are you getting?

Got a Hyundai Santa Fe XRT. I was bringing my car in for service and saw this on sale in the showroom. For less than the national average sale price. Buying a car wasn't on our radar today, but we fast tracked it before someone else could snag it. It's for my wife since we are reproducing one more time.

Let me do some mild gambling and I'll pick

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Got a Hyundai Santa Fe XRT. I was bringing my car in for service and saw this on sale in the showroom. For less than the national average sale price. Buying a car wasn't on our radar today, but we fast tracked it before someone else could snag it. It's for my wife since we are reproducing one more time.

There's a lot going on here. :laugh:

Congrats on the new car and a new partner in crime for The Child.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

RIP bif when the second child is old enough to learn from the original.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad