NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Got a Hyundai Santa Fe XRT. I was bringing my car in for service and saw this on sale in the showroom. For less than the national average sale price. Buying a car wasn't on our radar today, but we fast tracked it before someone else could snag it. It's for my wife since we are reproducing one more time.

Let me do some mild gambling and I'll pick
Sorry to vomit up my apple juice all over here but ... how does it feel to make a trade at the consensus price, Beef? :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ugh good lord I fell asleep hard last night. Ok.

Thank you Jojo! Fuzzy Jojo! Explosive Jojo! Puffy Jojo!

I'm picking Team Music Video. For this, I pick (with a salute to The Toads): THE WALL

You people think far too small at times. A music video for just one song? Really now. This is a music video for an entire album. It's bizarre, weird, wild, and chock full of legendary imagery. The Judge, which is a walking and talking butthole, is the perfect avatar for the Flyers too.

Bob Geldof cuts off his nipples.

@Chuck Downie

Hairless Chuck! Benippled Chuck! Fond Chuck!

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Ugh good lord I fell asleep hard last night. Ok.

Thank you Jojo! Fuzzy Jojo! Explosive Jojo! Puffy Jojo!

I'm picking Team Music Video. For this, I pick (with a salute to The Toads): THE WALL

You people think far too small at times. A music video for just one song? Really now. This is a music video for an entire album. It's bizarre, weird, wild, and chock full of legendary imagery. The Judge, which is a walking and talking butthole, is the perfect avatar for the Flyers too.

Bob Geldof cuts off his nipples.

@Chuck Downie

Hairless Chuck! Benippled Chuck! Fond Chuck!
The Flyers are way too shitty to be associated with Pink Floyd in any way whatsoever. I see them as a cross between Nickelback, Air Supply, and mid 70s Elvis.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I also see Pink Floyd as a combination of Nickelback, Air Supply, and mid 70s Elvis, except instead of Air Supply add Kraftwerk.

giphy.gif

I also have this horrible song from a commercial stuck hard in my head. I don't know what the song is, or what the commercial is, but it f***ing sucks, and it is jammed in there. At least it's not a "GO FLYERS!" chant. I'd rather listen to Rangers fans expelling long-term explosive diarrhea.

Yosh, so we start the day with @Chuck Downie on the clock, @mja on deck, @ajgoal on the lido deck, and GKJ on the lido afterdeck.

I haven't been able to get shit done the past few days, and I don't expect to get anything done until Friday is long gone. "Hey Cap, you are just like Chuck Fletcher! HAHA!" I like to think that I am not the gaping aperture on the business end of a dilated human asshole, but I am about as active as him. I'm just sitting here reading and raging and wasting my life. I've learned that there is no point in fighting it, though. Just have to accept it. It's like if you had your foot amputated. The f*** are you going to do, run a marathon? No, you just deal with it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It was the most enjoyable experience I have had watching a Miyazaki film. I haven't watched them all, and most of them I have watched were a long time ago, but I usually have some hesitation embracing them. It's not that there's anything wrong with them, because there isn't - it's just that something about them always keeps me at arm's length.

I WILL cut someone at arm’s length. Respectfully.

52a.gif

I think Castle in the Sky was the 2nd one I ever saw. It really is a rip roaring adventure, and Laputa is so darned cool it’s my team’s official headquarters.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I WILL cut someone at arm’s length. Respectfully.

52a.gif

I think Castle in the Sky was the 2nd one I ever saw. It really is a rip roaring adventure, and Laputa is so darned cool it’s my team’s official headquarters.

I really want to re-watch "Grave of the Fireflies" - that will be the next one of his for me - then "Princess Mononoke" for the first time.

Reactions: BiggE and Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I really want to re-watch "Grave of the Fireflies" - that will be the next one of his for me - then "Princess Mononoke" for the first time.

Grave of the Fireflies is a tough (re)watch, to reiterate my write-up this phase, just because it's so crushing. Princess Mononoke is one of my favorites; it's definitely his most epic film. It's a masterpiece, but it's not a huggable one, if that makes sense, speaking to your post. Spirited Away is my favorite that balances everything. Kiki is up there too -- definitely one of his warmest ones -- but I believe you watched that somewhat recently? That one simply must be up your alley. It's impossible to have that one at arm's length. Really the only ones I'd describe like that are The Wind Rises and Princess Kaguya.

I think you would quite like Only Yesterday, which is a Ghibli movie by co-founder Takahata (also did Grave of the Fireflies). It's one of their most low-key character studies about a 20-something woman reflecting on her childhood in 1960s Tokyo. No fantasy elements. It's a good lesser known one; a little more mature in pace/tone while hitting all those nostalgic bright notes.

Ditto for Whisper of the Heart. It was the only film directed by Yoshifumi Kondō before he died young -- he was actually their successor in training. I only saw it a year ago, and I think it's up there with their masterpieces (couldn't believe I never saw it), while also being among their more intimate movies. It's a coming of age story about a teenager in Tokyo who wants to become a writer; no fantasy besides a dream sequence. It's such a delicate cozy one that really breathes. Fair warning: they briefly sing Take Me Home, Country Roads but substitute the lyrics for stuff like "concrete roads."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Grave of the Fireflies is a tough (re)watch, to reiterate my write-up this phase, just because it's so crushing. Princess Mononoke is one of my favorites; it's definitely his most epic film. It's a masterpiece, but it's not a huggable one, if that makes sense, speaking to your post. Spirited Away is my favorite that balances everything. Kiki is up there too -- definitely one of his warmest ones -- but I believe you watched that somewhat recently? That one simply must be up your alley. It's impossible to have that one at arm's length. Really the only ones I'd describe like that are The Wind Rises and Princess Kaguya.

I think you would quite like Only Yesterday, which is a Ghibli movie by co-founder Takahata (also did Grave of the Fireflies). It's one of their most low-key character studies about a 20-something woman reflecting on her childhood in 1960s Tokyo. No fantasy elements. It's a good lesser known one; a little more mature in pace/tone while hitting all those nostalgic bright notes.

Ditto for Whisper of the Heart. It was the only film directed by Yoshifumi Kondō before he died young -- he was actually their successor in training. I only saw it a year ago, and I think it's up there with their masterpieces (couldn't believe I never saw it), while also being among their more intimate movies. It's a coming of age story about a teenager in Tokyo who wants to become a writer; no fantasy besides a dream sequence. It's such a delicate cozy one that really breathes. Fair warning: they briefly sing Take Me Home, Country Roads but substitute the lyrics for stuff like "concrete roads."

Yosh, I loved Kiki.

Reactions: BiggE and Magua

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'll be honest with you - I'm exhausted from crusading against the Philadelphia Flyers.

anime-sofa.gif

We start the day with @Young Sandwich on the clock, @BiggE on deck, @Striiker on the lido deck, and pit FELL INTO THE PIT! on the lido afterdeck. mja and ajgoal have to make up their picks as well.

It's pretty crazy how quickly February came and went, but it's not all bad news. The NFL Draft is that much closer. March Madness is coming in about two weeks. Of course it's nothing like it used to be, but especially for the first few days, it is at least wall-to-wall action and something to watch. F***ing hell, it used to be amazing. If you weren't alive and aware of stuff from 1982 to around 1997, it's hard for me to describe how f***ing amazing that tournament was, year after year. There were plenty of years where Louisville would lose too early, and I would be in a terrible funk, but even after they were out there was plenty still to care about. And more often than not, at least through the 80s, they didn't lose early - they were a great tournament team. You know who else used to be that way in the 80s? Your Philadelphia Buttholes. Bunch of f***ing assholes. I can't. Have a good day.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Has betaboi Chuck sucked the will to live out of anyone else yet, or is it just me? What a piece of shit. It feels like a bad dream.

We're going to pick a movie. It's an underrated cult comedy that must find its way to the Quackverse. Ergo:

MV5BMDFiYzQ0NzktMGNkNy00YTQ0LTgxODgtNDViNGIxMTc1NGFjL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Team Movie Franchise II (Except it's not) - Grandma's Boy

@BiggE That's right monkey, play my head

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad