NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"It is 1968. Patrick Clarke is ten. He loves Geronimo, the Three Stooges, and the smell of his hot water bottle. He can't stand his little brother Sinbad. His best friend is Kevin, and their names are all over Barrytown, written with sticks in wet cement. They play football, lepers, and jumping to the bottom of the sea. But why didn't anyone help him when Charles Leavy had been going to kill him? Why do his ma and da argue so much, but act like everything is fine? Paddy sees everything, but he understands less and less. Hilarious and poignant, Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha charts the triumphs, indignities, and bewilderment of a young boy and his world, a place full of warmth, cruelty, confusion and love."

“F*** was the best word. The most dangerous word. You couldn't whisper it. F*** was always too loud, too late to stop it, it burst in the air above you and fell slowly right over your head. There was total silence, nothing but F*** floating down. For a few seconds you were dead, waiting for Henno to look up and see F*** landing on top of you. They were thrilling seconds-when he didn't look up. It was a word you couldn't say anywhere. It wouldn't come out unless you pushed it. It made you feel caught and grabbed you the minute you said it. When it escaped it was like an electric laugh, a soundless gasp followed by the kind of laughing only forbidden things could make, an inside tickle that became a brilliant pain, bashing at your mouth to be let out. It was agony. We didn't waste it.”

- "Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha"

s-l500.jpg

Jimmy Rabbitte: Elvis is not soul.
Jimmy Rabbitte, Sr.: Elvis is God.
Jimmy Rabbitte: I never pictured God with a fat gut and corset singing "My Way" at Caesar's Palace.

- "The Commitments"

Jimmy Rabbitte: What do you call yourselves?
Derek: "And And And."
Jimmy Rabbitte: "And And f***in' And?"
Derek: Well, Ray's thinking of putting an exclamation mark after the second "and." Says it'd look deadly on the posters.
Jimmy Rabbitte: Psshh...
Outspan Foster: You don't like it? You think it should go at the end?
Jimmy Rabbitte: I think it should go up his arse.
Outspan Foster: Well, we're not married to it.

- "The Commitments"

31-0h8LArtL._SX450_.jpg

Team Author II - Roddy Doyle

@Hollywood Cannon

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"It is 1968. Patrick Clarke is ten. He loves Geronimo, the Three Stooges, and the smell of his hot water bottle. He can't stand his little brother Sinbad. His best friend is Kevin, and their names are all over Barrytown, written with sticks in wet cement. They play football, lepers, and jumping to the bottom of the sea. But why didn't anyone help him when Charles Leavy had been going to kill him? Why do his ma and da argue so much, but act like everything is fine? Paddy sees everything, but he understands less and less. Hilarious and poignant, Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha charts the triumphs, indignities, and bewilderment of a young boy and his world, a place full of warmth, cruelty, confusion and love."

“F*** was the best word. The most dangerous word. You couldn't whisper it. F*** was always too loud, too late to stop it, it burst in the air above you and fell slowly right over your head. There was total silence, nothing but F*** floating down. For a few seconds you were dead, waiting for Henno to look up and see F*** landing on top of you. They were thrilling seconds-when he didn't look up. It was a word you couldn't say anywhere. It wouldn't come out unless you pushed it. It made you feel caught and grabbed you the minute you said it. When it escaped it was like an electric laugh, a soundless gasp followed by the kind of laughing only forbidden things could make, an inside tickle that became a brilliant pain, bashing at your mouth to be let out. It was agony. We didn't waste it.”

- "Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha"

s-l500.jpg

Jimmy Rabbitte: Elvis is not soul.
Jimmy Rabbitte, Sr.: Elvis is God.
Jimmy Rabbitte: I never pictured God with a fat gut and corset singing "My Way" at Caesar's Palace.

- "The Commitments"

Jimmy Rabbitte: What do you call yourselves?
Derek: "And And And."
Jimmy Rabbitte: "And And f***in' And?"
Derek: Well, Ray's thinking of putting an exclamation mark after the second "and." Says it'd look deadly on the posters.
Jimmy Rabbitte: Psshh...
Outspan Foster: You don't like it? You think it should go at the end?
Jimmy Rabbitte: I think it should go up his arse.
Outspan Foster: Well, we're not married to it.

- The Commitments

31-0h8LArtL._SX450_.jpg

Team Author II - Roddy Doyle

@Hollywood Cannon
It’s your/my sister’s wedding day today so skip me and I’ll get around to it tomorrow or Monday.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks were once again at a loss for Team Music Video II. It's been since the time that:
iu

was:
iu

that we had any interest in music videos. But then this gem came to mind, which is right up our alley music-wise.

"Our pick, therefore, is Foreverandever - David Crowder Band."

Squirrels, man. Am I right, @Rebels57?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You want to see real power? They are still making episodes of "Chrisley Knows Best," even though the Chrisleys are going to prison.

todd-chrisley-arms-crossed.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57's drunk ass on the clock, @Asnito on deck with a pair (phrasing), then back through the swamp of Rebel's recovery to @BernieParent on the lido deck and Starberry on the lido afterdeck.

Last night I watched "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" (1986), a Studio Ghibli joint. It was the most enjoyable experience I have had watching a Miyazaki film. I haven't watched them all, and most of them I have watched were a long time ago, but I usually have some hesitation embracing them. It's not that there's anything wrong with them, because there isn't - it's just that something about them always keeps me at arm's length. "Laputa" didn't do that at all. It was a pure joy from start to finish. It feels like the narrative is a bit more straightforward than the films that came after it, but either way, it was really enjoyable.

So now maybe MacGruber will get off my back.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You want to see real power? They are still making episodes of "Chrisley Knows Best," even though the Chrisleys are going to prison.

todd-chrisley-arms-crossed.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57's drunk ass on the clock, @Asnito on deck with a pair (phrasing), then back through the swamp of Rebel's recovery to @BernieParent on the lido deck and Starberry on the lido afterdeck.

Last night I watched "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" (1986), a Studio Ghibli joint. It was the most enjoyable experience I have had watching a Miyazaki film. I haven't watched them all, and most of them I have watched were a long time ago, but I usually have some hesitation embracing them. It's not that there's anything wrong with them, because there isn't - it's just that something about them always keeps me at arm's length. "Laputa" didn't do that at all. It was a pure joy from start to finish. It feels like the narrative is a bit more straightforward than the films that came after it, but either way, it was really enjoyable.

So now maybe MacGruber will get off my back.
Have you seen The Menu yet? I watched it last night. I'd imagine that's one of the closest things to actual torture for you...

until the final scene at least.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Any chance of another “change previous pick” type category in the future? :)

Yes, definitely possible - I have been thinking about it for a while.

Have you seen The Menu yet? I watched it last night. I'd imagine that's one of the closest things to actual torture for you...

until the final scene at least.

I can't imagine anything worse than that, though there are two series - "The Bear" and "Ted Lasso" - that I am 100% convinced would make me lose the last of my will to live. I'm just totally positive about it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We only have one game between now and Sunday, which is awesome, since it will give our GM time to make his moves before the deadline.

j8JK4Fh.gif

We start the day with @BernieParent on the clock, @Strawberry Fields on deck, my brother on the lido deck with a pair, and myself on the lido afterdeck. Asnito said he'll make his picks at some point, and @Rebels57 should be coming out of his fugue sometime soon to make both his picks.

I can't see shit. Seriously. I'm going to phone this in like Chuck Fletcher in the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and first rounds of the Annual NHL Entry Draft. Enjoy this banging jam from that stupid movie.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For Team Actress II, the Tampa Bay FireSticks are very pleased to add to their franchise a woman of immense and varied acting talents. She is most known for her roles in dramatic movies such as Hidden Figures, The Shape of Water, and The Help, for which she won an Oscar; however, she can also do comedy, horror, and everything in between. Welcome to the FireSticks, Octavia Spencer.

"The sixth of seven children, Ms. Spencer described herself as a "closet" lover of acting before she got her break with a small role in Joel Schumacher's 1995 film A Time to Kill. Since then, Ms. Spencer became one of only 11 actresses to win the Critic's Choice Award, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA, and Oscar in the same year (The Help, 2011). She is one of only eight African-American actresses to win an Oscar in a competitive category. She has accomplished all of this and has 138 acting credits, despite suffering from dyslexia, which she overcomes to prepare for her roles by acting out the gist of the dialogue."

Back to @Asnito, @Rebels57, or whoever else is ready to make a draft pick.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With so many movies, actors, and actresses off the board, I figured it would be easier to pick an iconic character from an actor already in the FOG family.

FOG Team Movie Character

Robert DeNiro as Jimmy "The Gent" Conway in Goodfellas

goodfellas-robert-de-niro.gif

good-goodfellas.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad