NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
And I can see her all I want without being subjected to [Ranch]’s annoying ass, or have you not gotten to that part of learning to use google yet?
The Google was barely a thing when Rush Hour 2 was released. See, back in the day we had to endure far more than that in order to be able to ogle comely actresses.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
No time for a writeup, sorry.

Roth-Safe.jpg

Actress: Julianne Moore

@Young Sandwich

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"Yes, Mr. Lebowski, these unfortunate souls cannot love in the true sense of the word. Our mutual acquaintance Bunny is one of these."

tumblr_ocl90zHQkd1rpduwho1_500.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Chuck Downie on deck, @mja on the lido deck, and ajgoal on the lido afterdeck.

You know what I thought of last night, for the first time maybe ever (as hard as that is to believe) and out of absolutely nowhere? I started thinking about what it would have been like if we had never made the Lindros trade. The reason I haven't thought of it before is that I wasn't a fan of Foppa originally. We had a terrible string of drafts there, and when we went off the board to nab Forsberg at 6OA I was just so pissed. He was traded so soon afterward that the feeling didn't linger, and I didn't really care what he did elsewhere, and the fact that it turned out to be a great draft choice changed things, obviously.

I haven't really thought about the Ricci part of that trade because I felt too much hurt about it - I took it very personally that they traded him away, because I had placed all my hope in him. He was a LOT better than any of you think he was, trust me. I could use a lot of fancy numbers and charts to prove it, you guys know how sharp I am with all that shit, but it's easier to just take my word for it.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
"Yes, Mr. Lebowski, these unfortunate souls cannot love in the true sense of the word. Our mutual acquaintance Bunny is one of these."

tumblr_ocl90zHQkd1rpduwho1_500.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Chuck Downie on deck, @mja on the lido deck, and ajgoal on the lido afterdeck.

You know what I thought of last night, for the first time maybe ever (as hard as that is to believe) and out of absolutely nowhere? I started thinking about what it would have been like if we had never made the Lindros trade. The reason I haven't thought of it before is that I wasn't a fan of Foppa originally. We had a terrible string of drafts there, and when we went off the board to nab Forsberg at 6OA I was just so pissed. He was traded so soon afterward that the feeling didn't linger, and I didn't really care what he did elsewhere, and the fact that it turned out to be a great draft choice changed things, obviously.

I haven't really thought about the Ricci part of that trade because I felt too much hurt about it - I took it very personally that they traded him away, because I had placed all my hope in him. He was a LOT better than any of you think he was, trust me. I could use a lot of fancy numbers and charts to prove it, you guys know how sharp I am with all that shit, but it's easier to just take my word for it.
Ricci had great potential, it’s too bad that multiple injuries really slowed his career by his mid to late 20s. I’ve always thought that, in the long run, they’d have been better off not making the trade.

Having Forsberg, Brind’amour and Ricci down the middle in the mid 90s would have been a pretty good foundation to build upon.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you, Jojo! Momentous Jojo! Brainy Jojo! Mere Jojo!

I am picking THE TV SHOW

I am picking TOP GEAR (The good version with Clarkson/May/Hammond, it died when they left)

This show was fantastic. You don't even need to like cars to enjoy it. These people are idiots, and it's a lot of fun to watch. The travel specials are elite TV, especially the Amazon special. The America special features an incredible easter egg using the Lawrence of Arabia score, because the show is extremely well produced by clever people. I greatly enjoy the episode where they build Geoff the electric car, because they used the internal combustion/electric generation principle several years before it was common in hybrids; I am completely convinced designers at Chevy watched it and said "wait a f***ing minute" and then built the Volt.

@Chuck Downie! Nutty Chuck! Righteous Chuck! Addicted Chuck!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Film Character II: Waymond Wang

ce22182767cd1b73bc89575c18be09ec1204185f.gif

One of the neat tricks of the script for [Liverwurst Liverwurst Ranch Ranch Ranch] is when Waymond's seemingly kindly naiveté is shown to actually be a giant act of defiance, his way of saying f*** off, outright refusing to succumb to an oppressive worldview dominated by monotony and disappointment, but instead seeking happiness in little moments while fighting for his family by being silly, kind, and empathetic to all.

Ke Huy [Ranch] is going to nab an Oscar for his portrayal and it's well-deserved. It's hard to imagine anyone else pulling off the character--all three versions of him--so completely. And with this selection, we actually have 2 of his great performances in the fold.

@ajgoal, In another life, I would have really liked just doing taxes and laundry with you.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's already February 8. In the Year of Our Lord 2023. Where the f*** is my flying car?

JaggedDeficientGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck.

F***ing LeBron is all over the TV right now, and I don't like it.

I'm simultaneously watching season three of "Yes, I Do" and season one of "So in Love," but I actually put the latter on hold and am watching the former to completion. I've told you before that it is one of my favorites, mostly because the panel is so good, even without my babe Guli Naza this season. The only episodes I could find have the machine translation, which is an abomination, but you get used to it. Some of the ladies on this time are so f***ing scrumptious. It's driving me crazy. I am also craving Thai food like crazy. I have lived in three foreign countries (kind of) for a total of nine years and 10 days (unofficially), and for the life of me I can't understand why I ever left any of them.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I apologize for holding things up, I just had several long and stressful days. For our first make up pick the Toads are proud to select as our team band 'The Animals'. I find them to be a very underrated band, and this is probably my favorite Animals' song which I doubt few of you have heard before.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
The Toads team album will be one of my favorites, 'New Miserable Experience' by The Gin Blossoms.

Full album.

"You can't call it cheatin' if she reminds me of you"
Never tried that line with the significant other but I don't imagine it would go over very well:laugh:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I apologize for holding things up, I just had several long and stressful days. For our first make up pick the Toads are proud to select as our team band 'The Animals'. I find them to be a very underrated band, and this is probably my favorite Animals' song which I doubt few of you have heard before.

Awesome band. Their cover of House of the Rising Sun is one of my favorite songs of all-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad