NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Asnito has TWO picks to make up later. That's TWO picks for him to defectify later. TWO.

finger-twiddle.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 hungover and in tatters at brunch on the clock, @BernieParent on deck, Starberry on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck.

You know how sometimes things are going terribly wrong with one of your teams for over a decade, and then everything starts to go wrong with all of your teams so your weekends are ruined, and then your one team hires Brian f***ing Schottenheimer?

oRyuLxy.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
For Team Actor II, this man immediately sprang to mind. One of the most diverse actors of a generation, capable of nailing both comedic and dramatic roles. His award cabinet was full with every accolade imaginable at the time of his untimely death. He was also a brilliant stage actor with 3 Tony Award nominations. One of them was for Death of a Salesman (along with Andrew Garfield) which I was fortunate enough to see in person in the first row.

PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN, welcome to the FOG.

View attachment 645677

@Asnito you will rue the day you came up against the Extreme. I'm talking imminent rueage.

We both took someone that was in twister this phase. Sweet.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That super exciting Pro Bowl/All-Star weekend really kept people out of here, eh?

oRyuLxy.gif

We start the day with @BernieParent on the clock, Starberry on deck, Cannon on the lido deck, and myself on the lido afterdeck. @Asnito and @Rebels57 have to make up make-up picks.

Just some quick info ahead of the glare - "Hunters" on Prime is f***ing awful. I'm re-watching season one ahead of watching season two. Because I am not of the Tribe I'm not sure if I am allowed to be offended on their behalf by something so rife with lazy stereotypes, but as you know I am a staunch friend of the Tribe, so it pisses me off. The premise is fantastic (hunting surviving Nazis who are plotting in America in 1977), but the craftsmanship is nonexistent. F***ing terrible.

Here comes the sun, doo doo, doo doo ...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are extremely pleased to add to their franchise library as Team Book II The Pilgrim's Progress.

Title-page-Pilgrims-Progress-John-Bunyan.jpg

"This masterful allegory of the faithful Christian's journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City (Heaven) was written by John Bunyan and published in two parts in 1678 and 1684. Most of Mr. Bunyan's writing was completed while he was in prison for offenses against the Conventicle Act of 1593 (which prohibited the conducting of religious services outside the oversight of the Church of England). At one time, The Pilgrim's Progress was second in literary popularity to the Bible. It has been translated into approximately 200 languages and was adapted as an opera in 1951.

"We have no idea to whom we pass the drafting podium."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are extremely pleased to add to their franchise library as Team Book II The Pilgrim's Progress.

Title-page-Pilgrims-Progress-John-Bunyan.jpg

"This masterful allegory of the faithful Christian's journey from the City of Destruction to the Celestial City (Heaven) was written by John Bunyan and published in two parts in 1678 and 1684. Most of Mr. Bunyan's writing was completed while he was in prison for offenses against the Conventicle Act of 1593 (which prohibited the conducting of religious services outside the oversight of the Church of England). At one time, The Pilgrim's Progress was second in literary popularity to the Bible. It has been translated into approximately 200 languages and was adapted as an opera in 1951.

"We have no idea to whom we pass the drafting podium."

My guess at your pick wasn't far off thematically

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Team Actress II

KATE WINSLET

I first fell in love with her when I saw Titanic at 12 years old. I made a collage of her on one of marble notebooks. It was confiscated by the teacher for being innappropiate lol.

Then I began to admire her acting ability in movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, and so on. Most recently she killed it in Mare of Easttown (sorry Cap lol)

EjiL8hZVgAAxQbm.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Team Actress II

KATE WINSLET

I first fell in love with her when I saw Titanic at 12 years old. I made a collage of her on one of marble notebooks. It was confiscated by the teacher for being innappropiate lol.

Then I began to admire her acting ability in movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, and so on. Most recently she killed it in Mare of Easttown (sorry Cap lol)

View attachment 646289

"Hi, I'm Mare of Easttown, hold on a minute while I eat another f***ing sandwich."

I'll pick in a minute.

@Striiker remember what I told you about the cheating oil filth at Man City? They are getting dragged into court finally, and it FINALLY looks like they might be held accountable for their cheating shit.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't have to explain this pick very much - it's pretty f***ing obvious. I was always going to pick her for something. You know how I like to have lovely ladies all over the place and how they are sometimes Chinese and how if they don't already kick ass we train them to kick ass? This Chinese beauty is deadly as balls already. My eyes high-five each other every time they see her. Set Phase 22 to stun.

giphy.gif

395full-ziyi-zhang.jpg

tumblr_oairwsubRd1v6w3juo1_500.gif

Zhang-Ziyi-GIF.gif

Actress II – Zhang Ziyi

@BigToe

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't have to explain this pick very much - it's pretty f***ing obvious. I was always going to pick her for something. You know how I like to have lovely ladies all over the place and how they are sometimes Chinese and how if they don't already kick ass we train them to kick ass? This Chinese beauty is deadly as balls already. My eyes high-five each other every time they see her. Set Phase 22 to stun.

giphy.gif

395full-ziyi-zhang.jpg

tumblr_oairwsubRd1v6w3juo1_500.gif

Zhang-Ziyi-GIF.gif

Actress II – Zhang Ziyi

@BigToe

Whoever didn't fall in love with her after seeing Rush Hour II is completely f***ing defective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad