NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
We’re taking a chunk of nostalgia with us to the quackverse with our video game pick.
I spent hours on hours playing this, to the point where I got tired of my main character and created a very niche alchemist that would only craft explosive potions, fill a bag with the most potent ones, activate the timer, set it down on the ground in the city of Britannia (main city), Trammel(pve world), in front of the bank. Within the 5 second timer 40 people would run over to the bag and pick it up without seeing what it was.
You could not hurt anyone on the pve side of the game, but by them taking possession of the bomb laden bag, I was hurting them, it was their bombs now that would kill them in a huge pixelated fiery explosion.
305670F6-8FAC-427D-87D4-53F2A7D17044.png
3E197005-0BBE-4A63-9E5C-86115818F65C.png

Ultima Online

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
We’re taking a chunk of nostalgia with us to the quackverse with our video game pick.
I spent hours on hours playing this, to the point where I got tired of my main character and created a very niche alchemist that would only craft explosive potions, fill a bag with the most potent ones, activate the timer, set it down on the ground in the city of Britannia (main city), Trammel(pve world), in front of the bank. Within the 5 second timer 40 people would run over to the bag and pick it up without seeing what it was.
You could not hurt anyone on the pve side of the game, but by them taking possession of the bomb laden bag, I was hurting them, it was their bombs now that would kill them in a huge pixelated fiery explosion.
View attachment 644560View attachment 644561
Ultima Online
That game was such a nightmare once they introduced buildings.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We took On the Waterfront as our classic film, so I guess we'll snap up the film's star for our next actor selection.

One of the most renowned and influential actors of the 20th Century, his career spanned decades and he churned out memorable performances across the board.

The Seattle Sockeyes are surprised he was still on the board, but are thrilled to select Marlon Brando.

marlon-brando.jpg

@Magua, a Brando quote that could be plastered on the halls of the Wells Fargo Center: never confuse the size of your paycheque with the size of your talent.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We took On the Waterfront as our classic film, so I guess we'll snap up the film's star for our next actor selection.

One of the most renowned and influential actors of the 20th Century, his career spanned decades and he churned out memorable performances across the board.

The Seattle Sockeyes are surprised he was still on the board, but are thrilled to select Marlon Brando.

View attachment 644581

@Magua, a Brando quote that could be plastered on the halls of the Wells Fargo Center: never confuse the size of your paycheque with the size of your talent.

There's a Western where he plays the antagonist and he decided to make his character Irish and there was nothing the director could do to stop him

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

View attachment 644581

l-intro-1649864540.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Still had some banger quotes near the end: I don't mind that I'm fat. Still get paid the same money.

:laugh:

Marlon Brando and John Wayne had a feud because Brando got flirty with his wife.

I'm pretty sure, possibly very sure, that his unrelenting weirdness in Missouri Breaks was his way of just taking a huge dump on the Western genre to spite Wayne. I heavily respect this.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
While the Honolulu Ghibli have Hayao Miyazaki (and all his works) in our possession, we don't technically have in our hands any films by other Ghibli directors, notably co-founder, Isao Takahata. Let's right that wrong.

The Honolulu Ghibli, reaching for the tissues, select as our Team Standalone Film: Grave of the Fireflies

original.gif

I've seen it called the most human animated movie ever made, along with one of the great war films, and I don't think that undersells it. It's just about the most emotional gut punch of a movie a child (and adult) can watch, about an orphaned and homeless brother and sister eking out survival in WWII Japan, following the bombing of their city. It touches on, not just sadness, but true grief, without a moment of the mawkish or manipulative. The animation is Ghibli-typical stupendous; the characters and grim subject matter delicately handled, with lighter touches too. Grave of the Fireflies is a tough movie to watch more than once, but if you've never seen it, it is an essential watch.

@pit of the Fireflies

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

View attachment 644581

Or this one: "I coulda been a contender, I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tom Brady just retired.

RegalDearIlladopsis-max-1mb.gif

We start the day with @pit on the clock, @Striiker on deck - hopefully starting to make phone calls and get some backroom dealing going on - @BiggE on the lido deck, and Perv Pervwich on the lido afterdeck. These f***ers are getting all emotional over Tawm, like it's an obituary or something. This is the entirety of my response: "Bitch, bye." F*** him.

Anyway, the rabbit isn't still there, but the tail is. I don't need to see that. I also don't need to see the Chinese dating show "So in Love," but I'm watching it anyway. This time they have guys and girls in their 20s who have never been in a relationship before. And you can see why. They just have no idea how to speak, so they sit there in silence the vast majority of the time. They are getting better, but it is really slow. I already caught up to "I Am SOLO," so I have to wait a week for those episodes now. It's a constant re-wiring of my routines, and I'm not super happy about it.

But Tawm's gone, and that makes everything else OK.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I work in theatre so this time around for Team Actor I'm not just focusing on Community (which I now have drafted anyway), but on people who can tread the boards as well. He actually spent a large part of his career as a stage actor and continues to do so between iconic film roles.

I saw this performer opposite Sockeyes actor Patrick Stewart in Waiting for Godot. No offense to Sir Patrick, but after seeing them both live I think the honesty and connection of this actor leaves him in the dust (and I like Patrick Stewart quite a bit).

Also, he's sassy with a wicked sense of humour.

tumblr_npng8anRm31s3ulybo1_250.gifv

Team Actor II - Ian McKellen

@Striiker
YawningDangerousFish-size_restricted.gif

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
To be an official actress of the Jacksonville Methgators, one must be a true thespian, an actress who sets the bar higher than much of our fanbase has ever dreamed of being.

So, please welcome to Jacksonville, one of the true acting giants of the 1960s, the one, the only, the ornery master of fixin vittles, IRENE “GRANNY” RYAN!!
1675279973159.jpeg

Hey Dusty, you good with that?
1675280020755.gif

OH YETH BAYBEH!!

Set a spell, @Young Sandwich , take yer shoes off, y’all come back now, ye heah?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad