NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – DDU-DU DDU-DU PHASE TWENTY-TWO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Member that song "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone"? When I heard that song, I used to say "In the Hall of Fame." Good times.

noice-anime.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @pit on deck, @Magua on the lido deck, and CelsiusFlyer69 on the lido afterdeck.

Yesterday my outdoor cat Alice did something very bad with the best of intentions. She killed a rabbit that was almost as big as she is and somehow dragged it onto the back deck. Most of it is still sitting there like a frozen snack. She ate on it in the morning, and Sally munched on some of the flesh from it's neck in the afternoon. Ayah. I hate it, obviously, and I have told them repeatedly not to kill bunnies, that I will keep them stuffed with cat food, but they can't help themselves. Even my old cat, Old Kitty, used to bring squirrels and bunnies to the back door to show me and share with me, and he was probably the best cat who ever lived, and he lived indoors half the time. It's just in their nature to disobey me when they feel like it. It's not like I can even say anything, really - "glass houses" and all that.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
As tempted as I was to take a very similar video to my first, I decided to spread my wings.

I'm always drawn to videos that change the way I hear a song - that leave an indelible imprint on the way I think about the music. I find this video a difficult one to watch, but it definitely fits the bill.

Team Video II - Smashing Pumpkins, Try Try Try

@Magua, try to hold on.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Find me where someone is taking franchises (in this phase). I dare you.

Please no one dare me to make my picks though. They're coming though.
Not this phase. I looked back at "Video game I" and saw it, so I assumed this would be the same.

If not, then just change it to "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive"

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Look, i'll be honest. I am not sure if this one is going to infringe on my brother's selection of Ancient China in a round about way but yolo.

We are going to select as our Team Video Game II...

Dynasty Warriors 3.

Dynasty_Warriors_3_Coverart.png

This one comes down to a bunch of nostalgia and it was a damn fine video game in itself also. I very easily could have taken all of the Dynasty Warriors games but after I got into that with striiker I thought this was the more safe move and DW3 was the best of the series, IMO.

Just know that when you come into Las Vegas to play the Desert Ducks it's going to be a lot like rolling up on Lu Bu at Hu Lao Gate. You're better off just turning around and going home than trying to fight us.

Second pick will be coming shortly.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If you haven't played it, you don't know. If you have, you understand why it is the greatest console game ever made.

Team Video Game II: Castlevania Symphony of the Night

(make up pick)

Fantastic pick. One of the few games I own on multiple systems

Look, i'll be honest. I am not sure if this one is going to infringe on my brother's selection of Ancient China in a round about way but yolo.

We are going to select as our Team Video Game II...

Dynasty Warriors 3.

Dynasty_Warriors_3_Coverart.png

This one comes down to a bunch of nostalgia and it was a damn fine video game in itself also. I very easily could have taken all of the Dynasty Warriors games but after I got into that with striiker I thought this was the more safe move and DW3 was the best of the series, IMO.

Just know that when you come into Las Vegas to play the Desert Ducks it's going to be a lot like rolling up on Lu Bu at Hu Lao Gate. You're better off just turning around and going home than trying to fight us.

Second pick will be coming shortly.
Taking #3 implies 1&2 exist, no pick tipping!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I give you permission to select the whole franchise.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
With Paul Newman as our actor this phase, I'm thinking I'll steer away from the classic and into the modern for my actress.

The Honolulu Ghibli crown as our May Queen -- errr, Team Actress II -- Florence Pugh

midsommar-gif.gif

*warning: this is NOT a simp post*

*warning: this is not NOT a simp post*

Many moons from now, when we look back at the greatest actresses of this century, I'll eat my shorts if she isn't in the pantheon. She might be the best crier on camera I've ever seen, like her choked sobs are deeply deeply unsettling. But she f***ing slays in everything: horror, comedy, historical drama, superheroes, it does not matter. I knew it right away too. Lady Macbeth, Little Women, Midsommar, Black Widow, The Little Drummer Girl, Fighting with my Family. And when she's in Dune: Part Two and Oppenheimer this year, she'll probably scene steal in those movies too because it's what she does.

28721d6cac39d03aa3935d146333bb62.gif

@CanadianFlyer88 -- dazzle us

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
With Paul Newman as our actor this phase, I'm thinking I'll steer away from the classic and into the modern for my actress.

The Honolulu Ghibli crown as our May Queen -- errr, Team Actress II -- Florence Pugh

midsommar-gif.gif

Many moons from now, when we look back at the greatest actresses of this century, I'll eat my shorts if she isn't in the pantheon. She might be the best crier on camera I've ever seen, like her choked sobs are deeply deeply unsettling. But she f***ing slays in everything: horror, comedy, historical drama, superheroes, it does not matter. I knew it right away too. Lady Macbeth, Little Women, Midsommar, Black Widow, The Little Drummer Girl, Fighting with my Family. And when she's in Dune: Part Two and Oppenheimer this year, she'll probably scene steal in those movies too because it's what she does.

Great pick. Speaking of crying, my daughter is upset that her strong recommendation for my Team Actress II is no longer available. Thanks for the family drama!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There are almost too many good options this phase... almost like we could do 10 rounds of all of these categories. It might be the first phase where I'm not at all worried about being sniped. :laugh:

We're going to go off the board a bit here for a band I really enjoyed in the late 90s/early 00s. I only listened to and owned their first four albums, after which their delightful frontwoman, Skye Edwards, left the band for a bit. They're still kicking around, but I don't know any of their music past 2002's Charango.

My favourite live concert moment was seeing them in a smaller venue in Vancouver where Skye took a hit off of a joint that had been passed around the crowd... she then proclaimed a song or two later that she was too high to keep singing, said had forgotten her own lyrics, and just sat down on the stage for 5-10 minutes. :laugh: Ironic, given the band's name.

They also have a song I referenced in the Quackverse before that is both extremely hilarious and extremely offside, but this gives me a chance to post is again.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Morcheeba.

@Lord Defect, Pace Won says y'all need to roll your blunts with Morcheeba.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Taking #3 implies 1&2 exist, no pick tipping!

Not necessarily. See Leonard Part [Ranch].

There are almost too many good options this phase... almost like we could do 10 rounds of all of these categories. It might be the first phase where I'm not at all worried about being sniped. :laugh:

We're going to go off the board a bit here for a band I really enjoyed in the late 90s/early 00s. I only listened to and owned their first four albums, after which their delightful frontwoman, Skye Edwards, left the band for a bit. They're still kicking around, but I don't know any of their music past 2002's Charango.

My favourite live concert moment was seeing them in a smaller venue in Vancouver where Skye took a hit off of a joint that had been passed around the crowd... she then proclaimed a song or two later that she was too high to keep singing, said had forgotten her own lyrics, and just sat down on the stage for 5-10 minutes. :laugh: Ironic, given the band's name.

They also have a song I referenced in the Quackverse before that is both extremely hilarious and extremely offside, but this gives me a chance to post is again.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Morcheeba.

@Lord Defect, Pace Won says y'all need to roll your blunts with Morcheeba.

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Love the off the board picks. Got one slotted in for Team Album II.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

midsommar-gif.gif

Simping

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I give you permission to select the whole franchise.

As do I, for both of you. No reason to start some Doritos shit. Great franchises, great picks. Never played either of them.

EDIT: Although we could probably allow some leeway if someone wanted to pick a different Castlevania, etc. I don't know. I have played Castlevania. It rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad