GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
All of you Americans don’t know shit about the game, either. I don’t take any of you serious.

European? LOL stick to soccer.

In fact, f*** you Canadians too. Idiots.

giphy.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Guys, why are we going after Sea Eagles?

One overtly positive poster is perfectly fine to have on here. Certainly amidst the apocalyptic levels of negativity around hereof which, I freely admit, I am a regular contributor.

If you don't like what he says or are tired of his posts, do what most of you on here have done with me, and put him on ignore.

I get it's the dead-est part of the offseason, so if you're looking for something to do, step away from the keyboard, go outside, and touch some grass.
I, for one, love @Sea Eagles unabashed optimism. He is the Yin to @The Kingslayer 's Yang.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
All of you Americans don’t know shit about the game, either. I don’t take any of you serious.

European? LOL stick to soccer.

In fact, f*** you Canadians too. Idiots.

giphy.gif

I think the only people that should be allowed to talk about hockey are the old gods, once Cthulhu rises we will finally have some true insight!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I am surprised that people took the time and effort to go after @Sea Eagles

He is our Australian @avgard , how can anybody hate that?

I don't think anybody actually cared for Avgard either though... I for one certainly do not.

His posts were just hilarious because they're so terribly written and you can easily imagine him just being totally hammered while he made them.

I quite frankly dont care for the extreme hater or the extreme homer stuff. The less of both types of posts we see here, the better IMO. But personally I find the extreme homer stuff way worse to read.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Can some explain why a team would buy cap friendly? Are they taking it private?

Yes, The Caps bought Capfriendly (which isn't really a friendly thing to do) so that they can be the only ones to use it. They weren't the only team using it before the sale as it's a great ressource. Buying it and making it private will be a hiccup for small market teams that don't have a robust internal system or department like Capfriendly, thus giving the Caps a very slight leg up on them.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yes, The Caps bought Capfriendly (which isn't really a friendly thing to do) so that they can be the only ones to use it. They weren't the only team using it before the sale as it's a great ressource. Buying it and making it private will be a hiccup for small market teams that don't have a robust internal system or department like Capfriendly, thus giving the Caps a very slight leg up on them.
Still a dick move in my opinion that is even worse than the NYR offering Sakic a heavily front-loaded RFA contract that was designed to be impossible for the Avs to match. Crazy how Airforce One turned out to be so significant in all that.

It might get boring after a while though. There are only a few of us.
Eh, I'm old, but no where near godly.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I don't think anybody actually cared for Avgard either though... I for one certainly do not.

His posts were just hilarious because they're so terribly written and you can easily imagine him just being totally hammered while he made them.

I quite frankly dont care for the extreme hater or the extreme homer stuff. The less of both types of posts we see here, the better IMO. But personally I find the extreme homer stuff way worse to read.
Yeah, I like/d Avgard because he is lost in the sauce and bursts into threads like a drunken monkey on acid. Seagull is one of the rare posters on my ignore list. I don’t know shit, so I leave things up to y’all. RIAL for president and the rest of you can get bent.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've always admired @Sea Eagles for his consistency and for his completely upbeat and optimistic takes. Sure, it's likely viewed as homerism, but man the Avs are all about that. I never heard Peter McNab say a bad word about anyone or anything. Also, SE is a completely stand up dude for actually going through with his end of the bargain and filming himself eating a worm after losing his bet here. I'd be surprised if the vast majority of posters around here wouldn't have just gone radio silent about losing the bet instead.

I'm amazed at this animosity that really came out of nowhere to me. I'm pretty disappointed that we have a thread that has gone on this long allowing non-stop attacks against a poster rather than the contents of any one specific post. It's a board rule to attack the post, not the poster. If you don't like a poster, this is exactly what the ignore feature is for, but you don't need to go around bashing anyone after having done relieved yourself of their posts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've always admired @Sea Eagles for his consistency and for his completely upbeat and optimistic takes. Sure, it's likely viewed as homerism, but man the Avs are all about that. I never heard Peter McNab say a bad word about anyone or anything. Also, SE is a completely stand up dude for actually going through with his end of the bargain and filming himself eating a worm after losing his bet here. I'd be surprised if the vast majority of posters around here wouldn't have just gone radio silent about losing the bet instead.

I'm amazed at this animosity that really came out of nowhere to me. I'm pretty disappointed that we have a thread that has gone on this long allowing non-stop attacks against a poster rather than the contents of any one specific post. It's a board rule to attack the post, not the poster. If you don't like a poster, this is exactly what the ignore feature is for, but you don't need to go around bashing anyone after having done relieved yourself of their posts.
I feel bad because I feel like I kind of started it, but I was genuinely having a conversation with the guy about Georgiev and statistics.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I feel bad because I feel like I kind of started it, but I was genuinely having a conversation with the guy about Georgiev and statistics.
No worries from me man. You were discussing actual hockey things and statements not attacking him personally at least that I remember.

I was probably out of line for that post anyways. Who I am to tell people what they should or shouldn't do? Hell, I'm probably one of the most ignored posters on this board because I'm mostly an idiot these days. :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This might be the wrong thread for trade talk, but are we thinking that CMac is done for the summer, or are there any free agents we might still sign?
Pretty sure this is still the right thread for the time being, even though the frenzy party of free agency is over.

As for what I'm thinking... it's going to be extremely difficult for Chris to make any moves at this point. Nobody is going to take a 4M salary from us without giving salary back and we'd have to fill the hole created by obtaining a worse and cheaper replacement. With everyone knowing the situation we are in cap-wise, I just don't see anyone cutting us any favors either. And sadly, I'm not even sure we'll even have enough cap space to sign a PTO on a league min contract at TC.

I've just a feeling this is the team we've got and if LOC and Gabe are ready and Nuke truly does come back, my understanding is that we'll have to make a salary dump move move prior to Nuke's reinstatement in order to accommodate his return even with his reduced salary cap hit from the suspension. Not sure anyone will take Wood, which means we've got to dump a top 4 dman or 3C or higher forward and replace them with someone cheap enough to allow Nuke's hit to be fully absorbed. That is going to be damn tough ask but then again, Sakic and CMac only have themselves to blame because they knew Nuke's problems and still gave him this damn contract.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Avs would be wise to get the Rantanen contract done before one of these Canadian teams sign their UFA to a stupid contract. Draisaitl and Marner are both in the same situation, and both could push the price up. Really going Rantanen takes a discount to stay. Maybe $10.5m x 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad