GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Guys, why are we going after Sea Eagles?

One overtly positive poster is perfectly fine to have on here. Certainly amidst the apocalyptic levels of negativity around hereof which, I freely admit, I am a regular contributor.

If you don't like what he says or are tired of his posts, do what most of you on here have done with me, and put him on ignore.

I get it's the dead-est part of the offseason, so if you're looking for something to do, step away from the keyboard, go outside, and touch some grass.
It's +40 in Edmonton today and I want to punch my walls from the heat. You want me outside?!?!?!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

"Special assistant to the general manager"

9pFOoKN.gif

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
You're getting "smashed" because you continue to treat being an Avs fan like it's a cult. You absolutely ignore facts and reality and continue to say everything the Avs do is the best, every player is the best, etc.

This isn't a cult. You don't need to ignore facts and reality. Anybody who constantly says things that are just simply untrue and contrary to reality is going to get called out.

Georgiev ISNT the best goalie in the league, even though he led in wins. That's a FACT. Actual statistics show he's a below average starter in this league.

The Avs ARENT a good drafting team. Again, that's a FACT. With actual data to back it up. Staring otherwise because you picked three players in the last 20 years is just laughable.

Stop treating this like it's a cult. It's not. It's okay to live in reality. If someone on the street told you that "the sky is red" but you look and see that it's blue. You'd think that guy is crazy for ignoring reality. That's basically what you're doing here.

@EscapedGoat , ooof, you've gone all in ! Hahaha. Hey, a healthy community is one with differing views, standpoints and opinions, and that's perfectly okay.

I'm sorry if I can be nothing but positive with a team that's averaged 4th overall (in the entire NHL) over the past half a decade. Yes, it's difficult to find faults, in something that has provided me with so much happiness, entertainment, fulfilment, long term friends, immersion, passion and love.

I'll admit, I do get frustrated with the constant negative hyperbole thrown at our owners, management, coaching staff and players as well, but I also think people who feel that way (or are constantly negative) do that because they are passionate, so I just try and empathise, and put forward a different view, because we all want the same thing.

Anyways, you want me to be negative (well, sorry, a realist) then here you go (and I won't ever do this often), but things I believe could be better:

1. We need more luck with injuries / suspensions. Two years straight, we've had such quality players missing particularly when we need them. On paper, full strength, we literally have the best, most talented group in the NHL (which is why we are often favourites with the bookies).

2. Bednar has such a knack of making good players, absolute world beaters. Sometimes I wish that process took longer, so players don't want huge raises so quickly. Means we are constantly in a state of cap balancing.

3. We have way too much quality depth, that we lose a LOT of amazing talent every year (for example Caleb Jones). I get WAY too attached to our players, and I get way too upset when they have to leave for whatever reason.

There, see, I can do it too. But I just don't rip the club for these things constantly. Anyways, my cult door is open if you'd like to join my friend. It's only 5 dollars a month to subscribe to our magazine.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Guys, why are we going after Sea Eagles?

One overtly positive poster is perfectly fine to have on here. Certainly amidst the apocalyptic levels of negativity around hereof which, I freely admit, I am a regular contributor.

If you don't like what he says or are tired of his posts, do what most of you on here have done with me, and put him on ignore.

I get it's the dead-est part of the offseason, so if you're looking for something to do, step away from the keyboard, go outside, and touch some grass.
I honestly disagree. For one, I dont think a lot of the conversation is all that negative, its just realistic talk. Sure there's guys that certainly take it to the extreme, but most are simply realistic discussion recognizing where this team is now and where it's headed.

I'd rather 10 nammerus's posting then even 1 Sea Eagles.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I honestly disagree. For one, I dont think a lot of the conversation is all that negative, its just realistic talk. Sure there's guys that certainly take it to the extreme, but most are simply realistic discussion recognizing where this team is now and where it's headed.

So, where ARE we, and where are we going ? I'd love to hear what your reality is?

Also, why are you making this personal ?

EDIT: Scratch that. I think that's the end for me here guys. I'm giving away this forum as of today. Love you all. It's been a great ride. Here's hoping for a Stanley Cup next season.

Feel free to DM me anytime.

Sea Eagles - over and out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So, where ARE we, and where are we going ? I'd love to hear what your reality is?

EDIT: Scratch that. I think that's the end for me here guys. I'm giving away this forum as of today. Love you all. It's been a great ride. Here's hoping for a Stanley Cup next season.

We may disagree on things, but I think I disagree the most with this. Prefer to have you here than not. You have to do what is best for you, but at least know you're welcome here by the vast majority (including myself)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I agree. Hell Biden is staying in the race and he has way more lined up and going against him than Sea Eagles does. :laugh:

Toughen up kid! You can do it!! We like having your perspective. Besides it triggers so many........:thumbu:

It's +40 in Edmonton today and I want to punch my walls from the heat. You want me outside?!?!?!
Would you prefer -40?

Pretty sure the climate master has that on his calendar too! lol

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

I appreciate your posts. I don't always agree. But

I'd rather read your optimism than the people who seem to actively hate players on the team.

For some people here the day Landeskog raised the cup was the worst day for them to be a fan. And they would rather the team go 0-82 with Girard in the lineup than win with him in it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree. Hell Biden is staying in the race and he has way more lined up and going against him than Sea Eagles does. :laugh:

Toughen up kid! You can do it!! We like having your perspective. Besides it triggers so many........:thumbu:

Would you prefer -40?

Pretty sure the climate master has that on his calendar too! lol
In a nanosecond I would take -40. Throw some sweaters/blanekts on and crank the heat.

+40 is unlivable. Idk how people living in desert areas survive.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

f*** the haters, I appreciate your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad