OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They are almost definitely fake rumors, but the speculation I'm seeing on twitter is around Chapman for McCormick for that Pirates/Astros talk. Likely fake rumors but it makes a fair bit of sense, so I wanted to share anyway.

McCormick is having a bad year this year but was a terrific CF for the Astros in the past few years. 117 OPS+ from 2021 through 2023 with putting up massively positive OAA in CF.

Reactions: DaveG

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I don't care about what was given up but BDLC has a 93 OPS+ this year (96 for his career) and a .707 OPS. That's worst than Cutch, who everyone can't wait to replace. Not sure I see any reason to think this is an addition that changes anything. I guess they at least did something. I wish I could believe that the Pirates are the ones who will unlock any untapped potential but there certainly isn't a track record to point to lend credence to that.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Don't care glad Perez is gone.

I don't care about what was given up but BDLC has a 93 OPS+ this year (96 for his career) and a .707 OPS. That's worst than Cutch, who everyone can't wait to replace. Not sure I see any reason to think this is an addition that changes anything. I guess they at least did something. I wish I could believe that the Pirates are the ones who will unlock any untapped potential but there certainly isn't a track record to point to lend credence to that.

They traded for IKF since that deal, who has a 115 OPS+ this year.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

If Cutch played a competent RF no one would care about replacing him. At DH seemingly until he feels like retiring...not as exciting.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Not a bombastic deadline and I'd have loved a shiny object like Chisholm, but I honestly can't complain about getting like, two more functional MLB bats. BDLC is decent power and IKF gets on base. They badly need both those things. Nice to have a deadline where there's addition to go along with the subtraction.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Don’t really care about Perez leaving per se. But do we have enough starting pitching? Plus priester gone of course. Who knows what’s going on with jones.
They do seem positive on Jones return.

Shelton: "he throw a bullpen today, and it went well." He went on with Jones talk, but he sounded very positive about him.

Reactions: wheelz87

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Don’t really care about Perez leaving per se. But do we have enough starting pitching? Plus priester gone of course. Who knows what’s going on with jones.
I would imagine Ashcraft comes up in September most reports says jones should be getting mond work this week and a rehab assignment over the weekend

Reactions: wheelz87

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I hope to one day love something as much as Cherington loves acquiring second basemen. Seems like a decent deadline though that could allow them to focus on going after a bigger splash in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad