Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The B's need to get into the 7M's, and he needs to come down off his high horse. I agree he's a stud, but the history of contracts in most sports dictate, that you need to win sometime before you beat your chest for the big money. He hasn't, doesn't mean he won't, but he hasn't. No cup, no individual awards other than a 1/2 season All Star roster spot, in which he slumped after.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The B's need to get into the 7M's, and he needs to come down off his high horse. I agree he's a stud, but the history of contracts in most sports dictate, that you need to win sometime before you beat your chest for the big money. He hasn't, doesn't mean he won't, but he hasn't. No cup, no individual awards other than a 1/2 season All Star roster spot, in which he slumped after.
Christ…

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Then every single Bruins is overpaid. Imagine going out and giving career loser Elias Lindholm 7.75 x 7

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Swayman is not worth more than 7.5M( a lot of money for a 1st big contract) God you folks have him on an altar.
What has he won that makes him the highest paid player on the team?
I love the kid as a player and his personality but stop paying the kid with your hearts.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Then every single Bruins is overpaid. Imagine going out and giving career loser Elias Lindholm 7.75 x 7
That's a disingenuous argument and you know it.
The B's offer of 6.4M, or whatever is just as insulting as expecting to be paid like McAvoy.
As bad as Chuck played last year, he still has multiple years of top 5 Norris votes.
Swayman got Nuttin' yet. Key word YET.
He needs to prove he can handle an "entire " season as the heavy load starter before he get the keys to the kingdom.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
To be clear, I knew Swayman had a chance to be a franchise goalie when they drafted him out of Maine. Followed him there and got a sense of what a battler he is.
I want the player, for his entire career. The expectation of early money, hell I see this in my industry
Aerospace/Defense. Kids come out of college and expect to be paid like they have 10 years on the job.
Boomer screaming get off my lawn, maybe, I just was brought up differently and believe I understand what "earning " something really means. Totally lost concept in pro sports.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That was a horrible contract, you think it is bad today, wait......they gave him close to 40 % pay raise to a guy who is on the decline and has not done anything for this team.

Reactions: EverettMike

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The B's offer of 6.4M, or whatever is just as insulting as expecting to be paid like McAvoy.
As bad as Chuck played last year, he still has multiple years of top 5 Norris votes.
He needs to prove he can handle an "entire " season as the heavy load starter before he get the keys to the kingdom.

They should have played him more. Trying to hold coaching decisions against him his hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

How? How did he not use your own exact argument against you genuinely?

Reactions: Pia8988

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Should either side be unhappy with meeting in the middle on something like 4 years 30 mil?

And if not reason to not just do a 1 year deal if there is this big a difference?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Demko 5x5 coming out of his first season as a starter at 25 like Swayman.

You keep saying 7+ million and offering no comps just vibes. Every single young elite goalie that signed a 4-6 year deal signed for under 7 even adjusting for cap %. Every single one. The only guy that got a giant deal was Vasi, and he already had a Vezina and three Vezina finalists and had started as many as 65 games.

Should either side be unhappy with meeting in the middle on something like 4 years 30 mil?

And if not reason to not just do a 1 year deal if there is this big a difference?

That's way too high from Boston's end.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Demko 5x5 coming out of his first season as a starter at 25 like Swayman.

You keep saying 7+ million and offering no comps just vibes. Every single young elite goalie that signed a 4-6 year deal signed for under 7 even adjusting for cap %. Every single one. The only guy that got a giant deal was Vasi, and he already had a Vezina and three Vezina finalists and had started as many as 65 games.

That's way too high from Boston's end.
5 year contract for Demko, how is that 4th year looking, and he is only 28 .

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
To be clear, I knew Swayman had a chance to be a franchise goalie when they drafted him out of Maine. Followed him there and got a sense of what a battler he is.
I want the player, for his entire career. The expectation of early money, hell I see this in my industry
Aerospace/Defense. Kids come out of college and expect to be paid like they have 10 years on the job.
Boomer screaming get off my lawn, maybe, I just was brought up differently and believe I understand what "earning " something really means. Totally lost concept in pro sports.
My wife is a veterinarian. The kids graduating are asking for higher salary than she gets....and a signing bonus up to 80 K. She has 30 years experience and is chief of staff.
The kids get it, since demand is so high.
She told her employer they better not ever give anyone a higher salary than her and expect her to train them.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Give him the exact same money as E. Lindholm, $7.75M but instead of 7 years make it a 4-6 year term so he can still cash in on his next contract. If his ego demands it, give him $7.76M.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad