GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Draft Kotka, don't get cute. The fact that a player like ROR cost the 3rd overall pick should tell us, we should probably draft centers because they are stupid expensive to acquire through trade.
And damn near impossible to get, so when you have a chance you dont pass on that, except for a guy like Svech or Ras

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Kotkaniemi
Tkachuk
Zadina

I think is the order but first two can swap

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
He blows in the first round?

Kostitsyn 25 g scorer
Chipchura 4th line C
Price Hart winner
McDonagh 1D
Pacioretty 39g scorer
Galchenyuk 30g scorer, apparent 1C for the Yotes
Scherback top 6 W
Juulsen top 6 D
Sergachev top pair D
Poehling top 9 C

Does he really? Fischer, Tinordi, Leblanc are the only picks hes made that havent got a regular spot in the league. How many HS have drafted two 1st Ds, a hart winner, and two 30 goal scorers in the pass 12 drafts?

Love how you made a list but kept the bad names out on a single line

let's make it a little more readable

BAD Tinordi
BAD Fischer
BAD McCarron
BAD Leblanc
NOT GOOD Kostitsyn did well for like 2 seasons ended poorly, abysmal defensively, left the league
BAD Chipchura 4th line C, very average
UNKNOWN Scherback top 6 W ??? on the canadiens maybe, baseless claim
UNKNOWN Juulsen top 6 D ??? on the canadiens maybe, baseless claim, can't tell yet
UNKNOWN Poehling top 9 C ??? very much a baseless claim, absolutely can't tell
GOOD Sergachev top pair D
GOOD Price Hart
GOOD McDonagh
GOOD Pacioretty
GOOD Galchenyuk

you're including unknown in your argument AND you forgot about McBust, sit down neeeerd

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

BAD Tinordi
BAD Fischer
BAD McCarron
BAD Leblanc
NOT GOOD Kostitsyn did well for like 2 seasons ended poorly, abysmal defensively, left the league
UNKNOWN Juulsen top 6 D ??? on the canadiens maybe, baseless claim, can't tell yet
GOOD Price Hart
GOOD McDonagh
GOOD Pacioretty
GOOD Galchenyuk

you're including unknown in your argument AND you forgot about McBust, sit down neeeerd
Bask u better than that

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Marinaro said on the air that from what he's hearing from some scouts who have done some digging that it'll be

1 - Dahlin to BUF
2 - Scvechnikov to CAR or whoever they may trade the pick to.
3 - Kotkaniemi to MTL
4 - Zadina to OTT
5- they don't know if Arizona takes a D or a winger.

The logical thing "IF" Carolina is goona trade the pick..is to offer Price.

.they are lookin for a #1goalie.....and remember back...The Carolina GM offered Kovalchuk for Jose Theodore....

Last edited:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

BAD Tinordi
BAD Fischer
BAD McCarron
BAD Leblanc
GOOD Price Hart
GOOD McDonagh
GOOD Pacioretty
GOOD Galchenyuk

To be fair that wasn't his pick

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
he's very average and he's emblematic of everyone in that organization. We value average more than good because "at least it's not BAD"
Common sense.

Laws of average and every thing. Im not going to sit here and pretend hes a god and better than anyone, hes pretty much doing just as good as anyone else in the league though. Also calling Kostitsyn a bust because the 2003 draft was great is like saying couche tard slush is bad because puppies better.

Reactions: Toene

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
2 3 years down the road you coule have a 30 goal scorer at center
Everyone of these top rated teenagers has upside. Zadina at his age appears to be more of a sure bet to develop into a goal scorer whereas Kotkaniemi is more of a project. If the Habs draft either I won’t be upset. The Finn is definitely intriguing.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think if we trade for Pacioretty for a center we draft Tkachuk, if we trade for anything else we pick Kotkaniemi.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Price was a great pick, as was Pacioretty. Every other 1st rounder has either been meh or a bust.

Poehling's meh?

I thought you were ''screaming to trade up to get him''?

EvenGrimChinesecrocodilelizard-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Redux91

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Common sense.

Laws of average and every thing. Im not going to sit here and pretend hes a god and better than anyone, hes pretty much doing just as good as anyone else in the league though. Also calling Kostitsyn a bust because the 2003 draft was great is like saying couche tard slush is bad because puppies better.

Kostistyn is bad regardless of who we passed on, he had 2 good seasons and then fell down the (presumed) cocaine hole, f*** that guy f*** that pick

but I also REFUSE to ignore who we missed. That's literally his job

To be fair that wasn't his pick

Yeah sure, I said it in the thread but that interview screams of "very easy to say after the fact"

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He blows in the first round?

Kostitsyn 25 g scorer
Chipchura 4th line C
Price Hart winner
McDonagh 1D
Pacioretty 39g scorer
Galchenyuk 30g scorer, apparent 1C for the Yotes
Scherback top 6 W
Juulsen top 6 D
Sergachev top pair D
Poehling top 9 C

Does he really? Fischer, Tinordi, Leblanc are the only picks hes made that havent got a regular spot in the league. How many HS have drafted two 1st Ds, a hart winner, and two 30 goal scorers in the pass 12 drafts?

You mean the guy that chose Kostitsyn over Carter, Parise, Getzlaf and Perry? I'm still pissed at that draft pick. Chipchura? Yeah, never a fan of his. Price was Gainey's pick, rumour has it Timmins wanted Brule. Scherback has done nothing to this point, neither have Juulsen or Poehling yet.. so lets put the brakes on a bit here.

If you don't get your first round picks right, it really haunts your team for years. I know its not all his fault, there have been some bad draft years as well.

How on earth did David Fischer ever rank above Claude Giroux on any scouting list? Even the people on HF were facepalming that pick.. wondering how they pick Claude...

But yes, most guys in Timmins position get it right, half the time..

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Who cares? Do you think this team is ready to win anything? Adding Zadina this year achieves nothing.
You should care. The ability to score goals in bunches is a talent that you can't teach. A guy is either born with it or he isn't. By contrast any dull normal can be taught to skate better, be defensively aware, back-check and block shots. You can train a donkey to pull a milk wagon but only a thoroughbred is going to win the Kentucky Derby for you. The Habs seem to have an aversion to racehorses. They prefer obedient donkeys like Plekanec.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Everyone of these top rated teenagers has upside. Zadina at his age appears to be more of a sure bet to develop into a goal scorer whereas Kotkaniemi is more of a project. If the Habs draft either I won’t be upset. The Finn is definitely intriguing.
Centers are more valuable than wingers, isnt that a fact?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You should care. The ability to score goals in bunches is a talent that you can't teach. A guy is either born with it or he isn't. By contrast any dull normal can be taught to skate better, be defensively aware, back-check and block shots. You can train a donkey to pull a milk wagon but only a thoroughbred is going to win the Kentucky Derby for you. The Habs seem to have an aversion to racehorses. They prefer obedient donkeys like Plekanec.
Scoring goals is innate? Thats some next level hockey voodoo.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Centers are more valuable than wingers, isnt that a fact?
For sure. I am simply looking at Zadina as a player who seems like a safer, more sure of a pick. If I have two prospects that are equally ready then yes I pick the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad