GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Timmins should not be allowed to make the first round selection , look at his history. And for all his cockyness in his interview yesterday, and his little 'draft board talk' while he belittles the media.. maybe it would be best if he remembers he blows in the first round.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Habs trade Patches plus McCarron plus Mtl 2018 2nd to LA for Vilardi and the 20th

Habs trade 3rd overall to Detroit for the 6th and 30th

Habs select Dobson 6th overall if available, otherwise Kotka

Habs select Veleno 20th overall if they took Dobson

Habs select Merkley 30th

Habs walk away today with .....

Vilardi
Dobson
Veleno
Merkley

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Marinaro said on the air that from what he's hearing from some scouts who have done some digging that it'll be

1 - Dahlin to BUF
2 - Scvechnikov to CAR or whoever they may trade the pick to.
3 - Kotkaniemi to MTL
4 - Zadina to OTT
5- they don't know if Arizona takes a D or a winger.

Reactions: DAChampion

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Habs trade Patches plus McCarron plus Mtl 2018 2nd to LA for Vilardi and the 20th

Habs trade 3rd overall to Detroit for the 6th and 30th

Habs select Dobson 6th overall if available, otherwise Kotka

Habs select Veleno 20th overall if they took Dobson

Habs select Merkley 30th

Habs walk away today with .....

Vilardi
Dobson
Veleno
Merkley
What if Zadina is still around at #6?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One thing is certain ... this will be said at some point today.

2co28y.gif

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Marinaro said on the air that from what he's hearing from some scouts who have done some digging that it'll be

1 - Dahlin to BUF
3 - Kotkaniemi to MTL
4 - Zadina to OTT

and in 5 years time ,..will call it the big mistake of 2018.....

Vodka_Tonic

Sep 30, 2006
Zürich
Chances of the #3 pick being traded are very, very, very slim... So, in other words, MB will trade #3 for Toews...

Anyway, the Draft is the only Habs-related thing that gets me excited in what seems forever now.

Kotkaniemi would be OK for me.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
So if Zadina and Dobson are both available at #6 we take Zadina? I probably would but I doubt the Habs would.
I think the idea to trade down to 6 would be that we are targeting Kotka or even Dobson. It would also mean that Detroit was tragetting Zadina. Ottawa probably take Tkachuk. Arizona is the wildcard as they likely draft a d-man. If they take Dobson we go Kotka.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Anyone knows exactly when the first pick will be ? I'll be tight on time so if it's a bit after 7 PM I'd like to know.

7pm is the start of the televised draft. I would guess pick #1 will be announced 7:05pm roughly and every 3-5 minutes after.

Reactions: Gains

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Timmins should not be allowed to make the first round selection , look at his history. And for all his cockyness in his interview yesterday, and his little 'draft board talk' while he belittles the media.. maybe it would be best if he remembers he blows in the first round.

He blows in the first round?

Kostitsyn 25 g scorer
Chipchura 4th line C
Price Hart winner
McDonagh 1D
Pacioretty 39g scorer
Galchenyuk 30g scorer, apparent 1C for the Yotes
Scherback top 6 W
Juulsen top 6 D
Sergachev top pair D
Poehling top 9 C

Does he really? Fischer, Tinordi, Leblanc are the only picks hes made that havent got a regular spot in the league. How many HS have drafted two 1st Ds, a hart winner, and two 30 goal scorers in the first round of the past 12 drafts?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

1 - Dahlin to BUF
3 - Kotkaniemi to MTL
4 - Zadina to OTT

Marinaro just had Ryan Wagman of McKeen's on and he said from what he heard yesterday it's still a toss up between Zadina and Kotkaniemi for the Habs and he would take Zadina. Thinks the Habs taking Kotkaniemi @ 3 would be a mistake.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
yeah but he got McDonut once but we traded him so you cannot say anything bad about Timmins EVER apparently

Aside from the Carey Price and Ryan Mcdonagh/Pacioretty draft. How many first round projections didn’t work out? I would say 3 out of 10 excluding recent draftees starting with Scherbak/Juulsen need more time before we can consider them as impact or busts.

Kostitsyn bust in the 2003 draft considered the best draft ever.

Chipchura bust
Price
Fischer bust
Mcdonagh/Pacioretty
None
Leblanc bust
Tinordi bust
Beaulieu bust
Galchenyuk ok
MCCARRON bust

3 out of 10. 30% success rate. For every 3 first round picks Timmins selects, 1 will be NHL player, 2 will be busts.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Marinaro just had Ryan Wagman of McKeen's on and he said from what he heard yesterday it's still a toss up between Zadina and Kotkaniemi for the Habs and he would take Zadina. Thinks the Habs taking Kotkaniemi @ 3 would be a mistake.

#BIGMISTAKE2018

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He blows in the first round?

Kostitsyn 25 g scorer
Chipchura 4th line C
Price Hart winner
McDonagh 1D
Pacioretty 39g scorer
Galchenyuk 30g scorer, apparent 1C for the Yotes
Scherback top 6 W
Juulsen top 6 D
Sergachev top pair D
Poehling top 9 C

Does he really? Fischer, Tinordi, Leblanc are the only picks hes made that havent got a regular spot in the league. How many HS have drafted two 1st Ds, a hart winner, and two 30 goal scorers in the first round of the past 12 drafts?
McCarron?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Zadina is the most ready player after the top 2. My concern is we may pass up on a pure goal scorer to draft a long term “project”.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Draft Kotka, don't get cute. The fact that a player like ROR cost the 3rd overall pick should tell us, we should probably draft centers because they are stupid expensive to acquire through trade.

Reactions: Redux91 and Mrb1p

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Aside from the Carey Price and Ryan Mcdonagh/Pacioretty draft. How many first round projections didn’t work out? I would say 3 out of 10 excluding recent draftees starting with Scherbak/Juulsen need more time before we can consider them as impact or busts.

Kostitsyn bust in the 2003 draft considered the best draft ever.

Chipchura bust
Price
Fischer bust
Mcdonagh/Pacioretty
None
Leblanc bust
Tinordi bust
Beaulieu bust
Galchenyuk ok
MCCARRON bust

3 out of 10. 30% success rate. For every 3 first round picks Timmins selects, 1 will be NHL player, 2 will be busts.

Ottawa Sens have had way more on ice success since Trevor left..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad