GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Seems like Kotkaniemi is the favorite to be a Hab tonight but who really knows. I can't really say who I'd prefer since I don't know much about these players but one of Kotkaniemi, Zadina, or Tkachuk will be a Hab tonight I'd say. I don't think the Habs will go with a defesnseman but if so it will probably be Dobson.

Should be a fun night and hopefully we see some trades tonight.

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
First round action

Trading

3rd overall to phoenix for 5th overall and 3rd round pick

Draft jasperi kost

Trade patches to isles for 11 or 12th pick

Draft ty smith

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Why in the name of **** would he trade the 3rd for O'Reilly? If that is Buffalo's ask then just say thank you and see you at the draft. Take Kotkaniemi at #3 and trade up for Dellandrea if you have to. O'Reilly is a poor man's #1, a really good #2 or Pittsburgh's #3. Overpaying and taking on the contract when you can replace his production at a percentage of cost is the recipe of a panicked GM.

to move the third overall, buffalo would have to move another key piece. O'Reilly, Ristolainen, and Sabres 2nd round pick and next year's 1st round pick (conditional on being outside bottom 3, or it's the following year). Otherwise, they're not serious about taking 3rd overall.

it has to be a massive overpayment. Zadina could be their star winger if they believe it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Honestly, sometimes the obvious decision is the best one. Zadina.

*Montreal Canadiens trivia *

Question: How many times has Ottawa reached the conference finals or Stanley Cup finals since Trevor Timmins left Ottawa.

Answer?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a flight to catch today at 5pm Pacific so my phone will have to be shut down by 4:45 or so. Then I'll be in a news blackout for close to 2 hours. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by then but I'm not holding my breath.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
*Montreal Canadiens trivia *

Question: How many times has Ottawa reached the conference finals or Stanley Cup finals since Trevor Timmins left Ottawa.

Answer?

nobody knows the answer. everyone is too busy playing video games.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, sometimes the obvious decision is the best one. Zadina.
I was listening to Jeff Marek on the radio this morning. He thinks that the Habs will take Kotkaniemi and that Zadina drops to 6th or even 8th. He sees Arizona taking Tkachuk because his dad played there and the Red Wings taking Hughes because he's from Michigan. The Canucks might take him at 7th but he thinks they will probably take Bouchard.

Whoever winds up with Zadina will be happy. Marek says that aside from Dahlin and Svetchnikov, only Zadina and Tkachuk have a realistic shot at playing in the NHL right away. Pretty much everyone else is a project.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I have a flight to catch today at 5pm Pacific so my phone will have to be shut down by 4:45 or so. Then I'll be in a news blackout for close to 2 hours. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by then but I'm not holding my breath.

unless you're flying westjet. they have tsn on some of their planes. Or, maybe they'll have wifi and you can invest the steep fees.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

You can always pay for internet on the plane..lol hang out with us here ...

WestJet
1-hour Pass for $6.99 (Plus applicable taxes)
Taking a quick peek? Browse the Internet for 1 hour. If you need more time, you can purchase a 3-hour pass or 24-hour pass to access the Internet.
3-hour Pass for $8.99 (Plus applicable taxes)
Want more than 1 hr. online, but don’t want to be connected for the entire flight? Then this is the pass for you. And if you want even more time online, check out the Flight Pass.

Reactions: Peanut and Nedved

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I was listening to Jeff Marek on the radio this morning. He thinks that the Habs will take Kotkaniemi and that Zadina drops to 6th or even 8th. He sees Arizona taking Tkachuk because his dad played there and the Red Wings taking Hughes because he's from Michigan. The Canucks might take him at 7th but he thinks they will probably take Bouchard.

Whoever winds up with Zadina will be happy. Marek says that aside from Dahlin and Svetchnikov, only Zadina and Tkachuk have a realistic shot at playing in the NHL right away. Pretty much everyone else is a project.

Who does he see Ottawa taking?

I think they are a likely destination for Zadina at 4 if Montreal passes.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You can always pay for internet on the plane..lol hang out with us here ...

WestJet
1-hour Pass for $6.99 (Plus applicable taxes)
Taking a quick peek? Browse the Internet for 1 hour. If you need more time, you can purchase a 3-hour pass or 24-hour pass to access the Internet.
3-hour Pass for $8.99 (Plus applicable taxes)
Want more than 1 hr. online, but don’t want to be connected for the entire flight? Then this is the pass for you. And if you want even more time online, check out the Flight Pass.
I thought about that and then I reminded myself that Bergevin is our GM. That $8.99 will be better spent on alcohol with which to drown my inevitable disappointment.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pass on Zadina if the Habs do and instead draft Dobson...They've got Chabot coming up and with Karlsson about to be traded, I think that might appeal to them.

There's talk Zadina could drop in the 6-8 range and I totally see that.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

I'm racking my brain trying to remember who he said Ottawa would select. I was expecting him to say Zadina but he mentioned someone else (not Tkachuk) who he feels they will take. He also said that both Detroit and Vancouver would be torn if Zadina is still available when their turns come but that there are factions within each group which covet Hughes and Bouchard respectively. So don't be shocked if Zadina winds up in Chicago.

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
Zadina is the no brainer. If he doesnt pick him Ottawa will and he will light us up his entire career. Wishing and hoping a centre develops in this draft is folly. Draft some centre in the mean time you need to buy one that is proven. Do not waste our 3rd overall on a guy thats ranked 20-30 donkey of the day

Reactions: Laurentide

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'm racking my brain trying to remember who he said Ottawa would select. I was expecting him to say Zadina but he mentioned someone else (not Tkachuk) who he feels they will take. He also said that both Detroit and Vancouver would be torn if Zadina is still available when their turns come but that there are factions within each group which covet Hughes and Bouchard respectively. So don't be shocked if Zadina winds up in Chicago.

It will be an interesting night to see how the top 10 ultimately unfolds.

A team like Chicago or NYR is going to get a very good player drop to them.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised to see them pass on Zadina if the Habs do and instead draft Dobson...They've got Chabot coming up and with Karlsson about to be traded, I think that might appeal to them.

There's talk Zadina could drop in the 6-8 range and I totally see that.

Agreed, there seems to be a lot of parity from picks 3-10 so it really comes down to team preference. Zadina falling to 6-8 is certainly possible.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed, there seems to be a lot of parity from picks 3-10 so it really comes down to team preference. Zadina falling to 6-8 is certainly possible.
Not to mention the Sens are probably going to target some forward prospects in their eventual trade of Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad