GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
https://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/kotkaniemi-semble-la-meilleure-option-du-ch-1.6167850

Reported here is Trevor Timmins classes players in a Most Projected Value order not Best Player order. Most projected value means the position played and the play style matters. It's interesting, that's basically what I've been arguing for for a long time.

And when I hear him use the term "asset value," I think they also look at it as possible trade chips down the road. That's just what comes to my mind when I hear him say that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
And when I hear him use the term "asset value," I think they also look at it as possible trade chips down the road. That's just what comes to my mind when I hear him say that.

The first time I ever heard him say ''asset value'' was last year, and I have to say that I was relieved to hear him say it.

I've been arguing with a bunch of geniuses who think you can trade goalies and wingers for whatever you want just so long as they're ''bpa'' for what seems like an eternity.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I think with 6 years at the helm and the inability to get a C. They realize that drafting one is important and when they make their list.. if X meets their upside and X meets their upside who would be harder to acquire?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yes, I translated Lemay's translation to projected, might be not entirely accurate.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Definitely excited, its funny how that works, we deserve something to look forward to after going thru a season of hell as fans particularly

had we had a great season, tomorrow doesnt mean as much, but because we absolutely suffered thru crap all year, tomorrow means everything

We have vested interests in the draft, the trade market AND free agency

its christmas baby, lets see if we like our new toys however..

Hopefully it's not one of those Christmas' where you waited all year for that GI Joe motorized tank and instead got a new school bag.

Reactions: jrom and Gains

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
https://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/kotkaniemi-semble-la-meilleure-option-du-ch-1.6167850

Reported here is Trevor Timmins classes players in a Most Projected Value order not Best Player order. Most projected value means the position played and the play style matters. It's interesting, that's basically what I've been arguing for for a long time.
If that was truly his secret sauce, I don’t think he would say it to everyone. He did say he is a good poker player when it comes to strategy.

He might be saying that in order to get another team to bite on a trade offer.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Why in the name of **** would he trade the 3rd for O'Reilly? If that is Buffalo's ask then just say thank you and see you at the draft. Take Kotkaniemi at #3 and trade up for Dellandrea if you have to. O'Reilly is a poor man's #1, a really good #2 or Pittsburgh's #3. Overpaying and taking on the contract when you can replace his production at a percentage of cost is the recipe of a panicked GM.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Why in the name of **** would he trade the 3rd for O'Reilly? If that is Buffalo's ask then just say thank you and see you at the draft. Take Kotkaniemi at #3 and trade up for Dellandrea if you have to. O'Reilly is a poor man's #1, a really good #2 or Pittsburgh's #3. Overpaying and taking on the contract when you can replace his production at a percentage of cost is the recipe of a panicked GM.
I fear what Bergevin has in store for us

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Does anyone know if it's possible to listen to the draft on radio outside of Montreal? In 2012, I listened it on 98.5 FM but it seems that they are airing an Alouettes game tonight. And 91.9 sports, you can't listen outside a 50 km radius of Montreal. I'll be driving from Sherbrooke to Quebec city at the time of the draft, anyone knows if there is anyway I can listen to it? Otherwise, I'll just put 91.9 sports live radio on my phone, but would rather listen from the car radio, if possible. Thanks for your help!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully it's not one of those Christmas' where you waited all year for that GI Joe motorized tank and instead got a new school bag.
We should be so lucky. With Habs fans it's more like you come downstairs on Xmas morning, see nothing under the tree and when you ask Papa Bergevin what gives his eyes bug out and he yells "Wait. That was TODAY?"

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Does anyone know if it's possible to listen to the draft on radio outside of Montreal? In 2012, I listened it on 98.5 FM but it seems that they are airing an Alouettes game tonight. And 91.9 sports, you can't listen outside a 50 km radius of Montreal. I'll be driving from Sherbrooke to Quebec city at the time of the draft, anyone knows if there is anyway I can listen to it? Otherwise, I'll just put 91.9 sports live radio on my phone, but would rather listen from the car radio, if possible. Thanks for your help!

I dont know if you have access to internet ( cellphone data). You can stream the live audio feed of 91.9.

Reactions: Rockomax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad